end.

if i may just take your breath away
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

if i may just take your breath away

written by legilimens

 

 

Forget not that I shall come back to you.

A little while, and my longing shall gather dust and foam for another body.

A little while, a rest upon the wind, and another person shall bear me.

— Kahlil Gibran

 

 

** now: present; interim: then **

 

 

(now.)

It occurs when she's touched his wrist; she pulls away, and he jolts, sending them backwards from each other and sharing a look so suffocating that she leaves him before he could.

He watches her walk away, wondering briefly on why his heart seems to be beating quite abnormally while she, the always composed one, couldn't help but let the tears fall.

She's found him— and again, it's nothing but wrong.

Later that night, as she lays in bed, she dreams of a boy who liked to prove her wrong.

 

 

(interim.)

She first came as Kwon Mina; she's petite and a ball of sunshine. She laughs at the silliest joke and was deeply enthralled with a boy who's very much the type to leave her hanging than staying.

Meanwhile, it was then that Yoo Seungho first came to her life— when she's trying her best to not look too desperate to get her eyecandy's attention— the 'Yoo Seungho' who appeared to be a playboy.

Her first impression of him didn't last, however, when she started welcoming his presence. He was welcomed by many, anyway; and being that she's a girl known for her quirkiness and down-to-earth personality, she was more than eager to know if what they perceive of him was true.

"You're a flirt," she told him, and he laughed.

"I'm not," he replied. "I'm just... friendly."

She snorted. "Yeah? Well, what do you call the thing that you pulled off with Taeyeon, then? That's easily dubbed as flirting."

"Had anyone told you that you're narrow-minded?" he asked, instead, tilting his head.

"No," she immediately bit back, frowning, "but I'm quite certain that you're a casanova."

"Whatever," he brushed off with a roll of his eyes.

And that's how their friendship began— and what ended of it was a complete mystery to her; he just left her there, clueless and empty and completely dejected.

He left her three days after she and the boy she'd been fancying about began dating.

 

 

(now.)

She purses her lips and looks far away, not to him— never to him— because she is afraid, scared, and unsure if she should risk getting hurt again. But she couldn't, and she's not ready.

Healing had been hard, healing had been crucial, healing doesn't work for her when it comes to him.

This is what made of them: a destruction.

They were simply not meant to be.

 

 

(interim.)

He was Kim Sunggyu, and it struck her dumb to oblivion because he's still the same— they were still the same.

She was still in love with a boy named Kim Myungsoo, and they were to get married in six months, when he appeared to her life again. The moment they laid their eyes upon each other, the memories flashed right before them and she felt clog up, and she knew that so did he.

She never asked the reason why he left her before, too caught up with the fact that they saw and knew who and what they were. They rekindled, they reunited, and they became closer than they did before.

All good things had it's end, however; as she was busy with her fiancee, she learned that he was dating someone else.

She was happy for him— although a little bitter because he's spending less time with her— and so was he for her and himself... if he wasn't lying to himself, that is.

It was Valentines' day when it happened; both alone and drunk, things escalated before they could stop it, resulting into a mass of guilt and uncertainty.

They didn't saw it coming— and couldn't fight the feeling of doing what was undeniably wrong— and she knew that she should remember who she was and who she was with. She should remember that it was not her that he loves— not Park Jiyeon who's about to be married with the same man from their past life that she couldn't stop bragging about... and dated.

But Fate was a funny thing. Fate liked to mess with her, and Fate brought them together. To form a bond so strong, or to hurt each other, she doesn't know.

Fate made him tell her things that should be kept secret because it will destroy them and hurt the people they cherish most.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter