(Hakyeon) You're Mine

Blissful Stories II (Requests Open)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

You're Mine
Feat. Hakyeon of VIXX

 

“Dad!” You screamed out running down the halls. “Dad where are you?”

You checked door after door, but couldn’t find him at all. This wasn’t like him. He was punctual. He never missed your Friday night dinner dates. Tonight, he did. You called and called, but he didn’t pick up his phone. He was a scientist, and yes, at times you know you will not be able to get a hold of him, but tonight, there was something different in the air. There was an eerie feeling and the moment you stepped into the empty lab hallway, the feeling grew more.

“Daddy, where are you?” You screamed while running down the next hallway. “He has to be here…” You looked down at your phone to see that his phone was still active in the building. “Where are you?”

You opened door after door and you still couldn’t find him. There was no way he would be at the east end of the building, since that was strictly for genetic developments, which wasn’t his specialty. The only place he would be is the west end, where they developed medicine to help cure diseases. However, you were running out of doors and that only meant the east end.

“ dad…” You turned around after opening the final door. “Where are you?”

You ran as quickly as you could back down to the main lobby. The building was closed down for the night, the night guard working on the upper floors. He was a friend of yours, his name was Wonsik. You were classmates back in high school, and found out while visiting your father one night he was in the process of going to the police academy and was working as a night guard. He was the tough type, someone who would be an amazing officer.

You had asked if he heard or seen your father, but he said all of the scientists left hours ago, but knowing your father, he said he could be down in his main office, which he wasn’t. When you reached the main lobby you didn’t see Wonsik at all. You took this chance to scurry across to the east wing and made sure to stay as quiet as you could. You have never been in this section at all, well except to use the restroom one time, and after that you heard strange rumors from other scientists on the upper levels.

Strange genetic experiments being held, trying to combine genes of different animals to create hybrids, but all were failures, or abominations. Genetics was something that you were against messing with. It wasn’t natural to mix genes from multiple types of animals. Sure, mixing two different breeds of dogs was one thing, but mixing something like bird, amphibians and a cat was something completely different.

Timidly, you opened up the first door to find a stock room. Relief came over your forehead as you wiped the sweat away. It wasn’t the running that was making you sweaty and nervous, it was the fact that this hallway, this section of the building is where the future was heading, and you were scared of the future.  Room by room you came across and no one was in there at all. It was silent, not even the A/C was making noises.

It was quiet –to quiet…

You turned the corner and saw a bright blue glow coming from under the door at the far end of the hallway. You stopped. You stared at the strange pulsating glow and started to shake. You’ve seen far too many horror movies to know you never go to a place that could have something behind it. It’s best to count your losses and get the hell out of there, but you couldn’t. Just like in any horror movie you had a purpose, a reason to go searching behind that door. You needed to find your father. You needed to make sure that he was either behind that door, safe, or behind that door and…

“No he’s okay. I know he is…” You shook the idea from your head.

Once again you went room by room to see your father was nowhere to be found. You were nearing the glowing room, and desperately wanted to turn back, or call for Wonsik to come down, but you were forbidden to be in this hallway. It was off limits to those who were not the night guards, the scientists involved and it was definitely off limits to family, but you couldn’t. You needed to know if your father was behind that door.

You opened up the last door praying that he was there, but he wasn’t. “Why?” Your chest heaved heavily. “Why couldn’t you have been here?” You closed the door and turned to the last one in the hallway. “You better be behind this door, or else you’ll really get it, dad…”

You gulped, reached for the handle and turned it opening it up slowly. When the door was opened completely your eyes widened, the blood drained from your face and you dropped your phone, it landing on the floor cracking.

“Oh my god…”

 

⋆ᴹᴵᴻᴱ⋆

 

“God damnit!” A man grumbled as he typed in the formula for the tenth time. “This has got to work. I know it!” He ran his fingers through his hair.

Wonsik walked down the narrow dark hallway when he heard a loud roar. “Damnit!” He grabbed a hold of his flashlight and night stick and quietly walked to where the noise was. “Work damn you!” He lowered his night stick recognizing the voice. He rounded the corner to see the computer lab opened and a familiar stranger sitting at the first computer.

“Mr. (YL/N your last name) …” He called out, “What are you doing up here at this hour?”

“Ah, Wonsik,” he sighed. “I’m trying to get this formula right. If my theory is correct we may be on the verge of curing a rare form of cancer.” He started typing away.

“Really?” Wonsik approached him, “How close are you?”

“I just need to make these numbers add up and we can soon start our first trial version. If the trial goes well then we can start to develop a cure and the sky is the limit then.”

“Incredible…” Wonsik stared at the screen shocked, “How you guys do this is beyond me.” He stood up scratching his head amazed at his friend’s father’s discovery. “Oh! Wait! Your daughter is here. She was looking for you. She seemed awfully worried.”

“(Y/N)’s here?”  Your father stopped typing. “Why on earth…” He paused, “Oh no!” He jumped up from the computer. “It’s our dinner night. I can’t believe I forgot!” He turned to Wonsik. “Thank you for telling me. I’ll go get her right away.” He turned to the computer quickly saving his progress onto his flash drive, took it out and shut down the computer. “Where did you last see her?”

“She was heading to your work station. I’m sure she’s freaking out and checking all of the rooms. Maybe you’ll catch her before she calls the cops.” Wonsik joked.

“That’s my girl for you.” Your father put his hand on Wonsik’s shoulder. “Thanks for the heads up. Have a great night.”

“Thank you, you too sir.”

 

⋆ᴹᴵᴻᴱ⋆

 

You entered the room your eyes fixated on the subject before you. His eyes were closed, and he was curled up in the fetal position. His dark black hair glowed blue from the light radiating behind him. Your feet guided you towards the man in front of you, and you saw a monitor near him. His heart rate, blood pressure and other vitals were displayed on the monitor, all showing great readings. You were amazed; it was like he was glowing –literally. His skin though a dark honey sparkled in the LED light of the lab.

You walked up closer marveling at the being in the tank entranced. He laid there floating gently, wires attached to his arms and chest that flowed down to the bottom of the tank, and out up to the monitor for his vitals.

“What are you?” You whispered stepping closer. “Why are you in this tank?” You put your hand on the glass.

You looked around trying to find the answers to your questions. You saw a computer and curiosity took the best of you. You went over, turned it on and saw an interesting checklist in front of you. Eyes developed, heart, nose, fingers and toes were part of the checklist. You turned back to see that he indeed had a heart, nose fingers and toes, but his eyes were shut, which probably explained why this was not checked off. As you went further down you saw diagrams that looked like an ultrasound of a child in their mother’s womb.

“It can’t be…” You stared at the pictures, “In one week he grew this much?” You looked back and forth from the picture to the young man in the tank. “What did they create?”

You clicked down on the folder that was already opened and saw more documen

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter