(Leo) The Quiet Barista

Blissful Stories II (Requests Open)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The Quiet Barista
Feat. Leo of VIXX

 

You sighed gently while staring out the window. Today was a dull boring and dreary day. The rain was pouring down and you knew for a fact no one would be stopping by today, who would? It's the sad but honest truth. Who would stop what they are doing, trudge through the pouring rain just to get a cup of coffee? You know you sure wouldn't, then again, you hated coffee. 

It was quite ironic. Here you were a barista and you hated coffee. Well you didn't hate it, you loved the smell but the taste...You shivered from the mere thought. The taste was vile. You would rather eat a bowl full of peppered cucumbers with vinegar drizzled all throughout than drink a cup of coffee, and you hated cucumbers. 

You let out another sigh as your body leaned over the counter. You tapped your fingers to the ticking of the clock while watching your coworkers playing a hand of Gin Rummy. Even that game, which you could whip their behinds at any day couldn't keep you from boredom. 

"Yah! No fair!" Sanhyuk stood up. 

"Seriously! What the hell oppa!" Yue glared. "You cheated! I know you cheated!"

"Don't hate the player Yue, hate the game!" Jaewhan smirked while pulling over the money he had just won. 

"Hyung you cheat don't you?" Sanhyuk glared along with Yue.

"How can I possibly cheat? This game is simple and easy. I just outsmart you every time." He smirked counting his money. "I'm unbeatable!"

"No you're not!" Yue smirked, "(Y/N) can whip your any time any day!" She winked at you and you chuckled.

"Actually I think it's the other way around if you know what I mean." Jaehwan smirked towards her, and then winked at you. 

"Hyung!" Sanhyuk covered Yue's ears. "That was inappropriate!" 

Yue blushed and scooted closer to Sanhyuk. "Thank you for protecting me oppa," she flashed her signature sweet smile towards him. 

Sanhyuk instantly became putty in her hands and nodded shyly. You smiled at the cute unconfirmed couple. They were positively adorable together, and yet, Yue kept turning him down, her heart only belonging to the one and only trickster, funny bone and complete annoying dork, Jaehwan. What she saw in him you would never know. 

As they set up for another game your latest coworker rounded the corner after mopping up the floor in the bathrooms were water was leaking in, his name, Jung Taekwoon. He was quiet, aloof and mysterious. The moment he walked into the same section as you the room became quiet. Yue stopped bickering with Jaehwan, Sanhyuk's hands dropped from Yue's ears as he tried to protect her AGAIN from Jaehwan's constant innuendoes.  Everything was just silent.

Taekwoon noticing how quiet it had gotten bowed his head and scurried to the back. It was strange you really never heard him speak at all unless it was to say "here" as he handed you a customer’s order. He was a masterful barista. The way he handles coffee was like watching a classical artist work in a studio while Beethoven or Bach serenaded through the room. It was simply beautiful.

He was tall, broad shouldered with piercing eyes that never showed any emotion unless he was working on a customer’s order. Then, and only then, could one see a hint of joy behind his impassive exterior. Yue, Jaehwan and Sanhyuk never got to see that small emotion and you were only lucky since you handled the register most of the time and Taekwoon worked beside you. Today, however, you would not be able to see such an emotion, at least, not with this rain coming down. 

The breakfast rush came and went only three daring customers entering, soaked from head to toe and the same went for the lunch and afternoon rush. All together nine caffeinated loyal customers graced, drenched and muddied up the café today and it was a shame. As it was neared closing time you allowed Yue, Sanhyuk and Jaehwan to leave early since you knew they had to travel the longest and the rain wasn't giving up at all. You wished them a safe trip home as you placed the last chair on the table. 

You sighed and wiped the light moisture that invaded your forehead and looked at Taekwoon who was cleaning up the counter were the coffee beans were with the utmost care. He really loved this job, you eyed him amazed. 

You looked at the clock to find it was still early and you knew both Taekwoon and yourself lived just around the corner, in opposite directions so you decided to get to know your round the corner neighbor. You pulled of a seat at the side counter and cleared your throat. 

Taekwoon jumped his eyes on full alert and you giggled for the first time today. "I'm sorry if I scared you Taekwoon-ssi." He quickly nodded and lowered his eyes. 

You stared at his stilled form and sighed internally. He was extremely introverted and not only that but you yourself were not a socialite. You started cursing yourself for coming up with this stupid idea. However, you started this and you never gave up, well never in the past...

"So Taekwoon-ssi, do you like it here?" He glanced up quickly and nodded, still not speaking a word. "Have you always wanted to be a barista?" Again he silently nodded. You smiled as his face started to turn pink; he was getting nervous, cute. "Can you speak at all?" You teased. 

He looked up with his brows furrowed, his head tilting in confusion. You knew he was probably thinking that was a dumb question to ask when you knew damn well that he could speak, but the pink in his face and his more emotional alert face was too enticing to stop teasing. 

"What I mean is can you say other things than here?" You giggled. "We have worked together for approximately three weeks and yet you haven't said a single word except for, 'here.'"

"Three weeks, two days, six hours and five minutes."

You stared at him shocked. You didn't expect him to say so much at one time. "Wow...u-um...what?" You were frazzled.

"We have been working together for three weeks, two days, six hours and five..." He looked at the clock, "Seven minutes." He lowered his head. 

"Wow how do you know all that? I mean the weeks and day

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter