Can I date you?

Prettier Than Flower
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Baekhyun was watering flowers in and out of the shop, hummed to his favorite song happily. It was when Luhan arrived there and greeted him. "Morning, Baekkie~" Baekhyun turned his head, smiled and greeted the flower boy back.

 

"Morning, Lulu. Woaa~" The brunet's naturally small eyes slightly grew a bit bigger at those bouquets of flower and a box of chocolates in Luhan's arms.

 

Luhan chuckled and shrugged. "A businessman and two university students gave me these when I was on my way here earlier. Valentine day today~~"

 

Baekhyun lightly pinched his friend's cheek and giggled. "Ayyyee~ This flower boy get so much loves~" It was a lie if he said he didn't feel envy. Ofc he felt it but he felt rly happy for his friend at the same time. Luhan was so cute and adorable, no one could resist, even Baekhyun admitted it.

 

"Do you need any help? Let me change into uniform first." Luhan sweetly said and walked inside.

 

"No, I almost done here~ Hv you breakfast, Lulu?" Baekhyun quickly done his work outside before got inside. About thirty customers came for that morning, luckily not in a same time. Much than usual as today was Valentine day. Baekhyun really need to hire more workers to help him and Luhan. During lunch time, there was a customer came inside. Luhan wasn't at shop, only Baekhyun. "I'm sorry, sir. We're on lunch time. Can you come back later---" Baekhyun who was squatting on floor while talking to Luhan in phone and searching for ribbon stock immediately stood up when he heard the bell rang, signing someone came in.

 

"Why? Who's that?" Luhan asked in the other line.

 

"---Chanyeol." Baekhyun continued his words just now.

 

The tall customer rubbed his nape, looked at the 'open' sign hanging at the in side of the door. "Oh. It's closed now?" He whispered to himself before slightly flinched when Baekhyun approached and called him.

 

"Chanyeol?"

 

"Sorry, I thought--- uhm, lunch hour?" Chanyeol just realized how small and short the florist actually was. Baekhyun just sat behind the counter when they first met each other, so Chanyeol didn't know his exact height. So tiny, so cute, so pretty, so adorable,--- omg. Chanyeol knew he wasn't normal when he could hear his own heart beat at this moment.

 

"Yes, we're on break. But... I think one customer doesn't hurt. Anything can I help?" Baekhyun smiled. Yes, the same pretty smile again.

 

"Actually... I wanna buy flowers... for someone." Chanyeol seemed hesitate, worried to take Baekhyun's lunch time.

 

"Sure. How's your mom now?" The florist was still smiling, walked to a row of variety kinds of flower. "C'mere." He called and Chanyeol just obeyed.

 

"She's fine but her personal doctor still need to come to our house every once a week. She rly loved the flowers. Now, I'm back to buy flowers for another person. Uhm.. someone special." Chanyeol shoved his hands into his pockets. Today, he was wearing a casual clothes; black-red Supreme shirt, dark skinny jeans and snapback.

 

"On date with someone today?" Baekhyun asked and lowly chuckled when he saw Chanyeol's sheepish grin. "Okay, now tell me something about your girlfriend. Her personalities maybe? So, I can help choosing suitable flowers for her."

 

 

Chanyeol hummed for a while before started his description. "Actually, I don't really know much about him."

 

Baekhyun interrupted. "Blind date?" 

 

A brief silent. Blind date? "Ah-- yes. Well, I guess." Chanyeol chuckled and shrugged.

 

"Ok, continue." The florist smiled and nodded.

 

"Then.. uhm.. as what I know-- or at least what I guess, he's a sweet and kind person. Smile a lot too and... cheerful. Idk, but he looks like a type of quiet person-- wait, I don't really know him." Chanyeol grunted silently, sighed. He seemed kinda frustrated tho.

 

"Don't worry, Chanyeol. You can just tell me her-- his outer appearance if you don't know much about his characters." Baekhyun tried to help, felt funny somehow at his adorable customer.

 

"Ok then, he's shorter than me... for sure. I'm just oversized, kayy. My sister told me that my height is abnormal. God. So mean."

 

Baekhyun couldn't help but giggled at that fact.

 

Chanyeol just smirked before he continued, "And he has such a cute face, adorable puppy eyes, tiny body frame and his skin is so white like a porcelain doll. I think his favorite color is white coz he likes to wear white clothes. It blend well with his fair white skin. Everytime he came into my mind, my heart went crazy and I just wanna hold him into my arms and shower him with love--- oh." He immediately cupped his mouth, lightly blushed before spoke again. "Am I over-decribed him? I'm sorry. Omg, nobody should know this."

 

Baekhyun was looking at the customer, lost his words for awhile before he burst out soft laughter. "It's okay, I won't tell anyone. So silly~" He started to choose some flowers, all soft pastel colored. "So, I guess, your boyfriend is gentle and soft-hearted. He prefers calm yet quiet place rather than crowded and noisy place. He likes something soft but bright, like pastel and white color." The florist's slim tender fingers picked peach colored roses, combined with red small flowers as decoration to make everything not seem too pale. "Based on your decription, he sounds like an expensive vase. Look strong and tough from outside, but soft and fragile at inside." Baekhyun said out his thought again, eyes still on the decorations; ribbon and wrapper.

 

Chanyeol nodded in agreement. "He's so pretty. Everything about him is so pretty." He softly smiled while imagining the person. Baekhyun merely smiled and nodded, done picking flowers and decorations. They walked to the corner of the shop, where a desk and chairs placed there. "Uhm-- can I try to decorate this by myself?"

 

Baekhyun slightly raised up his eyebrows at that sudden request. He nodded anyway, "Sure, here." He placed everything on the table.

 

"Please guide me." Chanyeol felt nervous somehow. This was his first time and he didn't sure if he could make it or not. But ofc not as perfect as Baekhyun's decoration. He followed the florist's words and advices well. At some points, Baekhyun let Chanyeol decided thing by himself like whether to put baby's breath or not and choose between light pink or light blue ribbon. "Ugh.. Idk. Uhm.. what do you think? Which one is better?" Chanyeol just couldn't make his own decision.

 

"As for me, I prefer to baby's breath in flowers. It means long-lasting, you know. So, hopefully, your relationship with him will long last~ Besides, ppl always put baby's breath in their flower to complete the decoration as if without baby's breath, it isn't complete. And my favorite flower is baby's breath." Baekhyun gave out his opinion and shared his liking, rested his chin on his palm, silently guarded the hard working customer's hands. Make sure he did it right. "Fill the empty space here. It's too crowd at this side, I guess."

 

Chanyeol nodded, did as being told. He put baby's breath between the roses but made sure it didn't look mess. "Which one do you prefer? Light pink ribbon or light blue one? I can't decide." He asked for help again.

 

"How about light pink?" Baekhyun pointed to the ribbon.

 

"Because light pink is your favorite color?" Chanyeol smirked, took the ribbon.

 

Baekhyun chuckled lowly and shook his head, "No. I love light blue more than pink, but it's okay. Light pink seemed like a nice combination with these pastel colored flowers."

 

Chanyeol put down the light pink ribbon and took light blue ribbon instead. "But, I think I wanna use light blue."

 

The small florist just chuckled, "Okay, up to you then."

 

Chanyeol too

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter