Moondust

Three Hundred and Sixty Five

Pairing: kaisoo
Genre: au, fantasy
Rating: pg-13
Word count: 545


-


Pit

Pat

Pit

Pat

And in a second, drops of rain takes over the earth like thousands of bullets.

A male, skin a little pale looked out through the window, at the gloomy sky. He could hear the faint sound of thunder roaring far in the distance, the wind blowing violently and he immediately knew what was going to come in a matter of minutes; a storm. It had been a while since this kind of weather occurred. Kyungsoo could imagine perfectly how the sea, a few miles from the place, was behaving now; angry, huge waves crashing uncontrollably on the shore.

And strangely, he felt connected.

Kyungsoo was restless. His stomach had been flipping anxiously he wanted to vomit- all because his lover, Jongin still hadn’t come home. It was only 6 in the evening, but the day was already dark like it would be at midnight. Where was he?

Sure, it must hurt him, the way Kyungsoo had screamed to his face that the relationship they were having was never going to work.

Jongin had been pushing at first, asking Kyungsoo over and over again to believe in him and elope together.

It wasn't easy. Kyungsoo was tired. He lost it. He screamed and Jongin left. Kyungsoo thought he could never forget Jongin’s hurt expression.

Done pacing around the living room, Kyungsoo found himself standing at the window again, looking outside. A silhouette caught by his peripheral vision and in a second, Kyungsoo was striding out of the front door.

His eyes trained on the figure advancing towards the cabin amidst the pouring rain. An enormous wolf, fur the color of midnight walked on all four, slowly. And as it stepped on the wooden floor of the cabin, the wolf morphed into its human form, wet skin glistening under the light coming from an oil lamp set outside the house.

“Jongin,” Kyungsoo whispered the name. His heart pounded manically against his ribcage. His Jongin was back.

Later, as they cuddled under a thick blanket whilst listening to the rain gradually dying down, Kyungsoo kept on threading his fingers through Jongin’s damp hair. “I’m sorry.” The smaller male sighed.

Jongin closed his eyes for a second. “It’s okay. I understand. Sorry too for being forceful.”

Kyungsoo hummed and burrowed his head closer to Jongin’s neck.

Angling his head, Jongin swiftly caught the other male’s lips with his in a heated kiss.

The kiss was not long though. Regrettably, to breathe was something more important.

Jongin looked at his lover’s flushed face and couldn’t help but to lean in again, this time just for an innocent peck. Sweet, too sweet. Jongin felt like his lungs were stuffed with honey.

Kyungsoo fiddled with his fingers. “I’ve to go now. It’s getting late. Father would be mad if I am not home by dinner time.”

“It’s okay. Go."

Stealing another kiss, Kyungsoo then dragged himself out of the cabin.

Jongin trained his eyes on Kyungsoo as the smaller male walked a little into the forest, body then morphed into an animal being- a fox, gold in color that very much resembled Jongin’s eyes in his wolf form.

The little beast took one last look at the man- the wolf who owned his heart, and, seeing the tan male smiling softly at him, gracefully disappeared into the night.

 


-

 

 

A/N: Forgive me for this. I just wrote it out of this madness i have sometimes at night. Comments, upvotes and subscriptions are very much appreciated! Also, i usually rant about kaisoo here (i have some soft and warm mochi come talk to me) and submit your prompt here!