[One] Beginnings

100 Prompt Challenge- Jikook

Jungkook couldn’t help but stare at the older boy, Jimin’s eyes focused on him with intensity. Jungkook worried his bottom lip between his teeth, scuffing his old Nikes against the ground in his nervousness. He confessed to me. Of all the people out there…me. Worried thoughts run through his head.

 

Jungkook is by no means popular, preferring to spend his days cooped up in a music classroom playing one key on the piano at a time. Jimin, on the other hand, is about as popular as it gets, being the male captain of the cheerleading squad, and a good dancer, and was crowned homecoming king last year. Yet here Jimin stands, having just told Jungkook that he likes him.

 

“Well?” The older boy prompts, his brown hair falling over his forehead, tanned arms crossed across his uniform. Jungkook clears his throat, dark eyes peeking out from behind dark bangs and eyeliner.

 

“Park Jimin.” He says quietly, biting his lip.

 

“That’s my name Kook, don’t wear it out.” Jungkook has to avert his gaze to avoid Jimin’s blinding smile.

 

“Jimin…hyung.” He adds the honorific, knowing that he doesn’t use it as often, which makes Jimin perk up and move closer to Jungkook in excitement.

 

“Yes Jungkookie?” He prods, hand moving to brush Jungkook’s dark bangs out of his face. The younger boy looks at Jimin, his tanned cheeks flushed with a dark blush. He leans down to cup Jimin’s cheeks softly and kiss him quickly before pulling away.

 

“Yeah I’ll date you.” He says gently, smiling wider than Jimin has ever seen.

 

It’s only the beginning, but Taehyung has their “couple hashtag” trending within two hours.