three

5 Steps
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

Step Two: Be witty, guys love when someone can make them laugh and have a sense of humor.

 

It was nearly seven o’clock in the morning by the time Taemin walked into the small coffee shop for his shift, and he was greeted with a loud, “Morning, my little Taeminnie!”

Kibum, head barista and another one of Taemin’s good friends, smiled at him from behind the counter. Taemin just yawned in response and waved at him as headed towards the back room to get his apron and hat. After he went back out on the main floor, he stood next to Kibum and rested his head on his shoulder with his eyes closed.

“I’m going to strangle Changmin hyung for giving me this shift, he knows I hate being up this early.”

“You know he doesn’t make you work this early unless he really needs you to,” Kibum pointed out as he made sure all the machines were on and working properly.

Taemin’s phone dinged seconds later but before he could see who it was, Kibum snatched it from his back pocket, he made a face of disgust and clicked his tongue. “Why does he have to text you what he’s doing with this Kyungsoo kid? Did you still not tell him how you feel?”

“Wait, that was Jongin? What did he say?” Taemin grabbed his phone back from his older friend and ignored his previous words.

Jonginnie: Hey Taem, El Cafe opens up in an hour right? Cause Soo and I were probably going to head over there to get some coffee before we go relax in the park :)

Soo? He thought to himself, what kind of nickname was that? Were they already coming up with pet names?

Taemin held in a sigh and contemplated if he should really text him back or not. He’s been working at El Cafe for over a year and a half now, and Taemin’s pretty sure his best friend has visited him at least a dozen times when he got stuck working mornings. But then again, maybe it just wasn’t important enough for Jongin to remember.

Kibum noticed how quiet Taemin was and took his phone again, deciding to reply for the lovestruck puppy.

Taemin: Do whatever you want, I’ve been working here forever you should know when we open

“Hey!” Taemin hit his shoulder, “Come on hyung, he’s going to think I’m angry with him asking.”

“Well, shouldn’t you be?” Kibum retorted, crossing his arms over his chest and leaning his hip against the counter, “Seriously, Lee Taemin, listen to me. You’ve been head over heels for that blockhead for nearly two years. I don’t know about everybody else who knows about your feelings, but I’m tired of seeing you cater to Jongin’s every little word.”

Taemin opened his mouth to argue back but Kibum put his hand up to shush him, “No, you’re listening to me rant, you need to hear this. You have to stop with acting like seeing him go for other guys doesn’t hurt you because you know it does, you have to stop trying to be supportive when you know all you want is to be with him. I know you’re afraid of ruining your friendship and getting rejected, but if you really want Jongin as your boyfriend, you have to take a chance.” Kibum looked at him with sympathetic eyes, “But masking all of your feelings away and pretending like everything's peachy isn’t fair to you. Either you tell Jongin how you really feel or you stop hurting yourself by watching him with other men from the sidelines. Stop wasting your time, Lee Taemin.” It was silent between the two of them for a minute before Kibum walked to the storage room and let his words sink in.

Taemin knew Kibum was right. He just didn’t want to admit it.

 

-

 

Around half past eight was when Jongin and Kyungsoo had finally shown up to get some coffee. Although Jongin was elated to be spending more time with Kyungsoo, Taemin’s text kept nagging at him in the back of his mind.

Usually, Taemin is a bit crabby in the morning, but he was never as snappy as he was today. When he and Kyungsoo walked in he raised his hand and waved at his best friend who’s eyes widened in surprise. He whispered for Kyungsoo to get them a seat while he orders their drink then approached the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter