final

Tales Of The Directionally Challenged

Jongin is lost. Very lost. He had already left his dorm half an hour early to attempt to get to his class on time but his college is very large and he is VERY directionally challenged. Jongin swears he walked by the same staircase at least thirteen times now and he is no closer to finding the room number that he is looking for.

“Damn poetry,” Jongin mumbles to himself, quickening his walking pace.

“What kind of beastly school makes POETRY a mandatory course?” he grumbles to himself as he passes the set of stairs yet again.

“This beastly school apparently,” comes a voice from his right. Jumping many centimeters in the air, Jongin whips around to find the source of the voice. There was a smaller boy with silver hair and an amused smirk on his face.

“Sorry about that, didn’t mean to scare you,” the boy says, stepping forward. He reaches his hand out for a handshake which Jongin tentatively takes as his heartbeat slows down.

“Byun Baekhyun, third year English major at your service,” the older boy says warmly.

“Kim Jongin, first year English major…and very lost right now,” Jongin admits sheepishly.

“Don’t worry, I know which room you’re looking for.”

True to his word, Baekhyun guides Jongin through the halls, the latter desperately trying to memorize the way out so that he wouldn’t be late for his next class. He knows, however, that there is a 95% chance that he will forget after his poetry lecture.

“This is your room and you’re welcome,” Baekhyun says before the younger can thank him. Jongin gives Baekhyun a shy smile.

“See you soon Jongin!”

Jongin hurries into his lecture with 30 seconds to spare.

 

---

 

Jongin sees Baekhyun again a lot sooner than he thought. Jongin has a fifteen minute period between his poetry lecture and his Shakespeare (yes he also has to take a whole class on Shakespeare) lecture and he is lost yet again.

“This classroom better magically show up,” Jongin mumbles to himself.

“You have a really sense of direction you know that?” Jongin hears a familiar voice say. He turns around to see the grinning face of Byun Baekhyun,, a carrot stick caught between his teeth.

Baekhyun chomps on the stick with a loud crunch, making his way towards a flushed Jongin. He holds his hand out in a gesture for Jongin to give him his timetable. After glancing at it, he shoves it back into Jongin’s hands with a. “Follow me.”

Although this is only the second time Baekhyun has saved Jongin’s incompetent self from being late, Jongin feels a sense of familiarity and comfort. When they get to the classroom, Jongin shoots Baekhyun a grateful smile.

“Thanks for saving my . Again.”

“This isn’t going to be the last time I’m going to see you,” Baekhyun muses, “I demand a free lunch in compensation.”

After promising Baekhyun a free meal, the two bid each other farewell before heading their own separate ways.

 

---

 

A month later Jongin is still getting lost but he’s marginally getting better at recognizing where his lecture rooms are located. He is currently sat a large table, the time being way to early to function (aka 8:00 AM). The study lounge is filled with tired students with hoodies pulled over their heads and steaming coffee located next to the respective work stations. Jongin himself has his own mug of coffee beside him with his earbuds plugged into his ears. The Howl’s Moving Castle OST is playing in an attempt to bring out his inner English major mojo (and also his inner geek).

A loud thump startles him out of his train of thought and he looks up to glare at the source of the noise. His facial expression softens when he sees it’s none other than Byun Baekhyun. Other students have turned around to give the smaller male a glare for disrupting their silence but they grudgingly turn back to their own work.

“Anyone studying here?” Baekhyun asks Jongin with an enthusiasm that should only be reserved for late evenings.

“Nope,” Jongin replies, putting emphasize on the “P” of the word. He gestures for Baekhyun to sit on the chair in front of him, which the latter cheerfully does.

After fidgeting with his study materials and stationery for a bit, Baekhyun studies with Jongin in silence.

The next time Jongin looks at his phone, the digital clock reads “11:51 AM”, and his stomach grumbles as if it was cued to do so. He looks up at Baekhyun who is still absorbed in what seems to be an essay that he’s currently writing.

“So, about that lunch that I owe you,” Jongin starts.

Baekhyun replies with a cheeky grin. 

 

a/n sorry these are taking so long! I haven't forgotten about them! this is for tumblr user youstillgotnojams, I hope you like it! If you want a drabble and you have a tumblr account, just reblog THIS post with your OTP in the tags and you will get a drabble! It says 30 but I'm going to try to do as many as I can :)) If you want to send me a specific prompt, I have an ask.fm :)) lastly, if you want to read any of my other fics, you can find them all on my listography page HERE. As always, this is very unbetaed haha. I will go back and fix grammar mistakes etc. when I finish all the drabbles! Upvotes, comments, and subs are always appreciated! Thanks for reading and I'll see you in my next drabble! Adiós.