Final

Distinct Flutter
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Word count: 2305

 

Pyper looks into the mirror, her reflection showing the perfection of her appearance. She holds her hair up, long straight blond strands falling to her shoulders. Her assistant ties a black ribbon around her neck. Pyper knows that she is stunning with her stormy blue eyes sharpened with a ring of thick black eye liner and supple surface of her lips are adorned with a pretty red; an eye candy for any man with desires and revealing dress she is wearing only fuel up the temptation nothing more.

Don’t get too attached.

Something in her head mumbles.

She shrugs, letting her hair to fall freely as her assistant is done with her task. Pyper checks her look on the mirror, her mind wandering absentmindedly towards a certain someone.

 

Amidst of busy schedules, she would have never said yes to this photo shoot, if it wasn’t for the Vogue. She had to take a flight to China and she heard that her co-model was some Chinese guy, someone called Lu Han. Pyper didn’t dig in much. She meets various people around the globe, from top models to very much rookies. It is an everyday situation for her, acquainting new people, smiling to new faces. It’s not that she was looking down her fellow artists, no, Pyper wasn’t the type to do that. She is down to earth but she was too busy and exhausted to do that. Besides she thought it would be nice to meet this new person without any clue about who he is. Then she wouldn’t have a pre-judgement what so ever.

She had just changed into clothes required for one of her individual shoots, a black long sleeved T-shirt tucked to a tight skirt when she stepped into a bigger room where various people were lurking around.  Pyper’s assistant pointed someone and she spotted him, her supposed to be co-model for the day. He was sitting on a desk, a baggy T-shirt on but face lit up with a brilliant smile. He was talking with someone, a stylist she assumed. Her first impression in him was that he should be a very friendly person and Pyper graded him for an A in her scale of handsomeness. When another man clutched his shoulder, catching his attention, he turned to Pyper’s direction, eyes momentarily disoriented. Upon seeing her and hearing what man said about her being his co-model, Luhan, stepped down from the desk and swiftly approached her. The megawatt smile never left his lips and his hazel browns were shimmering like night starts. Pyper could almost touch the gleeful aura of the model.

Pyper settled for a simple Hi and a friendly smile, with her arm extended. The boy bowed slightly with a shy hi, clutching her hand. His touch was careful and warm, soft and gentle as if Pyper’s hand was made of porcelain. He talked shyly mentioning that he only knows very little English but over a span of a few minutes they clicked off pretty well and Luhan was speaking really well in English.

Then it was a bustle with Pyper moving around, her initial solo shoot starting. Somewhere in the middle she caught him staring and she gave a playful smile back, turning to her side, before giving her full attention to the camera for two seconds. For someone who got caught red handed for staring Luhan was pretty blunt not taking his eyes off her, Pyper mused. Pyper was not amazed. She doesn’t have any doubts about her looks and her shaped body; people wouldn’t worship her if she was nothing. She is beautiful and confident. But something fluttered in her tummy when his eyes sparkled with a glint akin to awe in his browns, a handsome smile blooming.
 

She heard that he is a singer in China who has a big name over the Asia with rising popularity around the globe. But it surprised her because the way he carries himself never said anything about his shining image or bursting fame. He always behaves like very a normal young man with humble attitude. Though they were nearly 7 years apart from age, he looks so young (or Pyper thinks that she looks older than her age) and warm like a child. When clock ticks minute to hours, Pyper thinks that Luhan is one of the warmest persons she has ever met in her life. She feels that he is someone she meant to know in her life, someone she probably should have kept closer but deep down she knows that she will never.

She watched him doing his individual photo shoot from a corner of the studio. He had requested the company to make some extra videos and photos for his MV and Vogue gladly accepted. Pyper opted to pretend that her attention on her phone but she stealthily turned her curious blue eyes at him posing and a shiver went through her spine because that man who was standing under flashing lights  was totally different from the Luhan she met. He was very y with his hair pulled up. He sang and danced, moving his body with such powerful, yet lithe and sleek movements.

Pyper unwillingly let her cheeks to shine in a shade of peach when he caught her starring. He winked as he twirled.

 

 

Luhan peeps into the dressing room, his warm hazels seeking for his new… friend. Catching his reflection from her mirror, Pyper turns and waves him with a cheery “Hey!”. When Luhan’s eyes halt on her, Pyper sees the astonishment flickering in his feat

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter