A Place Called Home..

At First, It Was'nt There..

(A/N) Haha... hahahaha... Im back at last. Sorry for the wait. :/

 

 

 

___________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

It was midnight past on the way to the hospital. Droplets were beating down on the window pane as the ambulance swam through the thin layer of rain on the ground.

 

As the vechical reached the building, a woman on a stretcher was rushed inside. A group of nurses and a single man surrounded and followed the squeaking bed.

 

"Hang in there Mrs. Lee! Breathe! Breathe!" A nurse pleaded in attempt to calm the woman.

 

The woman on the bed had shock mixed with fear on her face as she nodded, but then pain struck in her abdomen, making her close her eyes tight and moan in agony.

 

They reached the operation room where she was stripped of her clothes and into a gown, while the man waited outside pacing back and forth.

 

An hour later, a nurse called to the man.

 

"Excuse me, Are you Mrs.Lee's spouse?" The man looked up from his seat and nodded franticly.

 

The two both entered into the same hall where the procedure took place, but headed into a room a couple of doors down.

 

As they entered the room, it was quiet. Uncomfortably quiet.

 

The man approached the bed cautiously in case if he disturbed his new addition to the family, but what he saw shocked him.

 

The wife was in tears, but not of joy. She kept quiet as she looked down at their son.

 

The silence didnt last long when the doctor entered the room.

 

"Congratulations Mr. and Mrs. Lee! You both have a healthy son. The procedure went smoothly and no fatality had occured!" said the doctor in a proud and deep tone.

 

The man smiled as he looked back to his wife, but it dimmed when his wife didnt show the same reaction.

 

"Yeobo, You did it!" the man cheered. No response.

 

"Honey, what's the matter?" he then questioned in worry.

 

The woman looked up with a blank, sad expression.

 

"Why is he so quiet?" She asked with uncertainty.

 

The man's expression went dark as he looked back to the doctor to recieve answers.

 

The doctor's smile faded and the truth began to spill.

 

"Nothing is wrong with your baby. It's just that he is born with a disability..." 

 

The woman started to tear up even more while the man sat on the bed to comfort her.

 

The doctor paused for a brief moment, and then continued.

 

"Your son is born with a underdeveloped vocal chord that causes him to not be able to make sounds at this moment. It will take time for it to fully develop. Therapy is highly reccommended when he is old enough, but it doesnt seem that the possibility of him recovering would be that high."

 

The man swallowed dryly in prepartion to ask. "What's the percentage?"

 

The doctor looked back at the chart on his clipboard he held ever since he entered the room. He sighed.

 

"The probability for his full and successful recover is just above 16%..."

 

The couple gasped and hugged each other sobbing.

 

The doctor and nurses took that as que to leave the room for the couple to mourn.

 

***********************************************************************************************************************************************

 

A few days after the woman's discharge from the hospital, things went downhill fast. Depression sunk the new family. Having their new son acquiring a disorder is considered an omen, which wasthen brought to life when the man lost his job, and the woman's health became worse due to mental stress. 

 

They barely made ends meet, and eventually lost their house, car, and dignity all within a month.

 

The couple ended up on the streets on a bench, staring into space, with their mute son in a baby carrier next to them.

 

Suddenly, the woman suggested something.

 

"Yeobo, can we- can we move away from here?"

 

The man looked at her wife in shock, and sighed his response with his hands griping at the sides of his head.

 

"Yeah sure honey, but where? How? especially with our son, it will be difficult..."

 

"Yeobo, We can move to the country side! We could live and stay at your grandparents' house in the mean time."

 

The man looked up in hope, but asked,

 

"That sounds good, but what about Taemin? What are we going to do about him? We have no money for food, nor even have a place for him to call home!"

 

Silence was in the air, masked by the white noise of commute and footsteps passing and going. Then, it was abruptly interupted by the woman's final suggestion.

 

"Maybe we should give him up. Give him to a better place."

 

The man stood up fast from the sudden response, but instead of opposing, he asked once more.

 

"Where? How can we do that?"

 

" I dont know, but staying here wont help anything."

 

After the woman's comment, the couple took the next bus to the edge of Seoul.

 

It was late at night, just like the fateful day that they had a bit over a month ago. They got off at the last and farthest station and wondered the streets.

 

What seemed forever, they came across a brightly decorated church on a hill. They entered the building to see if anyone was there.

 

No one.

 

At this moment, they decided to leave their son at one of the benches nearest to the door.

 

Just before they left, the parents both quickly whispered to their son one last time with tears streaming down their faces.

 

And just like the wind, the couple disappeared in the darkness of the night, leaving without their son.

 

 

 

 

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

 

 

 

Ackk! I feel so heartbroken when writing this.But dont worry! Baby Taem will be saved!

 

Thanks for tuning in! See ya in the next one! :)