-final-

A Puppy at The Cat Café

“Just stop it, Soo.”

Kyungsoo, who was sitting still while caressing a fat cat on his lap with the baldest expression—his usual expression—on his face, looked up to see Minseok at the counter.

“I’m doing absolutely nothing, hyung.”

“I mean,” Minseok put the last cup on the shelf. “Stop radiating that aura of I-hate-all-people-and-let-me-kick-everyone-. It begins to suffocate me.”

He didn’t reply anymore. No, Kyungsoo wasn’t being ignorant. He just couldn’t help it. Because, well, he actually hated all people in the world and names on his exception list were probably not even ten. Fortunately Minseok was the one of those few chosen humans.

Minseok shook his head gently. “If you hate people that much, why are you working at the café—where all kinds of people can come in?” he asked.

“Because this is a cat café and I like cats. Beside, I really need the money,” Kyungsoo stated absentmindedly. He just realized it, but maybe this hyung was on his list of “Human I Don’t Hate” because he kind of looked like a cute cat. Not that Kyungsoo would ever admit it.

Basically, Kyungsoo hated everyone because humans in general were just so fake. Most of them were so annoying, especially—

“Those kids who came recently ruined your mood, I guess?”

Yes, especially kids. He had no idea why those little living beings could be the cause of so much disasters in his life. Those tiny monsters were disgusting, masters of whining, and simply annoying.

Noticing Kyungsoo’s darkened face by his lucky guess, Minseok approached him and took a seat next to him. “Then how would you have a kid in the future?”

Kyungsoo sent him a death glare. “I’m not going to get married nor having any baby in the future. You can mark my words.”

Minseok laughed lightly and gave him a pat on the shoulder. “You’re so hopeless, Soo. But honestly you’re pretty handsome though. You shouldn’t be single in your twenty like this.”

“I’m sorry that my love life isn’t as bright as yours with your doe-eyed Chinese man,” he snorted.

“Talking about my doe-eyed Chinese man,” Minseok said. “He will come for afternoon coffee today.”

Kyungsoo groaned and mentally cursed himself for not bringing his headphone with him. The last thing he wanted to experience with his bad mood was hearing his hyung being disgustingly lovey dovey with his idiot lover.

 

(/¯3¯)/\(¯Ԑ¯\)

 

Kyungsoo was busy dealing with some y customers when the café bell rang loudly, indicating new visitors just came in.

“Minnie, my love!”

“Lu Hannie,” Minseok chirped cheerfully. “You’re a bit early today.”

The Chinese man reached the counter and landed a light peck on his lover’s cheek. “I think I missed you too much.”

“You’re so cheesy,” Minseok stated, but giggled nonetheless. Once he realized his boyfriend didn’t come alone, he frowned a little. “Who’s this guy?”

The said guy, the tanned one who had been following Lu Han and stood next to him, offered him a polite smile.

“Oh, he’s a new employee in my place. As a nice boss, I treat him a cup of coffee in his first day,” explained Lu Han. “His name is Jongin. Jongin, this is Minseok. My boyfriend.”

“Nice to meet you, hyung,” Jongin reached out his hand.

“Nice to meet you too,” Minseok accepted his hand and shook it gently.

After another friendly conversation, Kyungsoo appeared with a tray of dirty cups. Not even aware of the presence of a new person. “Hyung, we ran out of napkins and—”

He froze in the middle of his sentence once he caught the sight of the new comer. His big eyes grew impossibly wider. Who’s this tanned and sinfully cute man? Kyungsoo thought.

“Kyungsoo?” Minseok called.

And that was when Jongin gracefully stared back at the brunette who had been shamelessly staring at him.

And everyone could hear both of their breathes hitched at the very same time.

And none could pretend not to notice those cute shades of pink that began to creep in their cheeks.

Those eyes… how could they shine that brightly?

The next thing happened was an awkward silence. Or at least awkward for Minseok and Lu Han who were left confused looking at two men staring weirdly at each other.

“Errr… guys?” Lu Han spoke up.

Both Kyungsoo and Jongin snapped out of their own little world and looked extremely embarrassed.

“Uh.. uh..,” Kyungsoo stuttered in his words with a beet red face. “I-I will take more napkins from storage.” And in the blink of eye, the brunette was disappeared out of the back door.

Jongin, in the other hand, lowered his head and examined his shoes as if they are the most interesting thing in the whole universe. Obviously trying to hide his burning cheeks, but unfortunately with no avail.

Witnessing the strangest scene in their existences, Minseok and Lu Han tried to collect themselves and blinked rapidly. Soon enough, both realized what was just happened and an amazing plan popped out in their heads. They look at each other eyes in an understanding gesture and finished their mental discussion with a secret wink.

“Okay, Min,” Lu Han said after clearing his troat. “Give me my usual and your recommended ones for Jongin, please.”

Without giving his employee any chance to talk, he dragged him to his favorite spot, the nearest table to counter. Leaving Minseok to chuckled to himself and began to prepare their orders.

After a while, Kyungsoo reappeared to Minseok’s sight. He indeed looked a bit better than his state when he stormed out of the room. But still he was nowhere near to be called normal right now. Thanks to his failed attempt to show the poker face—which turned out like he was restraining an unbearable pain.

“What took you so long, Soo?” Minseok talked to him immediately. “Here, bring these cups of coffee to Lu Han and his new friend.”

“What?” Kyungsoo almost squeaked. “Why me? Why don’t you do it yourself, hyung?”

Minseok sighed and looked at him pointedly. “First of all, my dearest Kyungsoo, that is your job to bring all orders to certain tables, and take the dishes, and wipe the dirty surfaces. And, just in case you forget, my job is making coffee and being nice to customers, because, well, you’re obviously not able to do that.”

“B-but hyung… this..”

“And second of all, no matter how close we are as good friends—or how much you said I’m honored for being able to be your friend—I’m still your manager here. And I have rights to fire you if you don’t do your job well, or simply disobey me,” he stated with the most intimidating expression his cute face would allow. “Now go before my precious coffee get cold.”

Because he didn’t want to lose his job yet, and mostly because he was afraid to risk seeing his lovely hyung show his scary side, Kyungsoo hurriedly took the tray and left the counter as fast as he could. But after he was just a few steps away from the destination table, he slowed down. Preparing his thumping heart to face the same cute face that left him breathless last time.

“Good afternoon,” Kyungsoo greeted, silently thanking all existed Gods for keeping his voice steady. “Here are your Americano, Caramel Macchiato, and Red Velvet cakes.”

“Do you realize this is literally your first time saying good afternoon to me?” Lu Han replied him with his -eating grin. “Was something nice happened?”

Shut the up, he mentally cursed while putting cups and plates on the table. Secretly, he threw a quick glance to a quite Jongin, only to find that the said man was stealing an innocent glance at him as well—at the exact moment. Kyungsoo almost spilled Lu Han’s Americano all over the table.

Oh my God, this isn’t good.

Kyungsoo kept his eyes downcast for the rest of the process and was ready to run away again after muttering almost inaudible “enjoy”. But Lu Han stopped him just in the right time.

“Listen me, my buddy,” his mischievous smile couldn’t indicate any good sign. “As you see there isn’t much people in the café at time like this. Do you know what does it mean?”

Kyungsoo frowned. “It means… my time to feed the cats?”

“No, no silly. That means I have to do an important business with Minseok at the staff room and no one is allowed to disturb us,” Lu Han’s grin became wider. “But I’m with Jongin now and he gets bored easily. So, can you keep him company while I’m away to deal with my business?”

The waiter stared at Lu Han in disbelieve. This idiot deer can’t be serious. Jongin’s face was mirroring his mild shock.

But Lu Han—being his cheeky self—didn’t bother to wait for the approval. The Chinese man abruptly stood up. “You can drink my beverage, Soo. My treat. Have fun, guys,” Lu Han power walked leaving two speechless guys behind. “Oh, and Soo! I just remembered Jongin asked for your number earlier.” With that, he took Minseok by wrist and pulled him to the “staff only” door.

“Hyung!” Jongin spoke up for the first time, couldn’t hide his embarrassment.

Kyungsoo was frozen on his spot, not knowing what to do. Should he just leave too? Would he be rude for doing that? And since when did the Do Kyungsoo even care of being rude or not? After almost a whole minute passed, Jongin finally broke the ice. “Umm.. you can sit if you want,” he quietly said and pointed to the vacant seat where Lu Han was before.

He wanted to decline the offer at first, but he just couldn’t find any nice word to turn Jongin down. So, he choose to ignore his frenzy thumping heart and took a seat in front of the cutest guy he ever met.

Jongin coughed awkwardly, landing his eyes everywhere but on the brunette. “I think.. I haven’t introduced myself properly, have I?”

Kyungsoo only nodded silently.

“I’m Kim Jongin,” he reached out his hand like he did to Minseok.

“Do Kyungsoo,” the petite male took his hand, and tried his best to ignore the shiver that creeped down his spine when their skin touched for the briefest second.

Had no more to say, Jongin pretended to be busy playing with a brown cat that had been snuggling up affectively against his thigh. For the first time in his life, Kyungsoo felt jealous to a certain clueless animal.

Time passed in awkward silence. And once Kyungsoo started to think of an excuse to get away and save his unhealthy heart beat pace, Jongin looked up at him and shyly said. “I’m sorry, I’m not an expert in talking.”

He tried to give him a reassuring smile. “It’s okay. I’m not good at it either.”

“B-but..,” the tanned man blushed darker, if that was even possible. “Luhan hyung was right.”

Confused, Kyungsoo tilted his head. “What was he right about?”

“Um..,” he paused for distractingly playing with the cat tail. “About me wanting to have your phone number.”

And now it was Kyungsoo’s turn to be as red as a piece of red velvet cake in front of him.

 

(/¯3¯)/\(¯Ԑ¯\)

 

Lu Han and Jongin left the café an hour later. Kyungsoo was indeed having a good time and pleasant conversation—and a new contact in his phone—with the new cute guy, despite their awkward words and clumsy gestures. But when the lovey dovey couple were back after their “important business”, he and Jongin had to bear with the endless embarrassing teasing from their hyungs.

Even after he was only with Minseok at the café, the elder couldn’t stop throwing him his knowing looks and cheeky grins.

“You know,” Minseok said excitedly. “It’s not to late to take back your last declaration about get married and have babies.”

“Shut up, hyung,” he answered flatly. “And I’m still not having any baby.” Not even with Kim Jongin. But would the babies be as cute as him? OH MY GOD, what am I even thinking about.

Kyungsoo kept ignoring Minseok, because at that time he actually had mote important thing to do than interacting with his over-excited-about-one’s-lovelife hyung. Like considering a legit reason as to why he suddenly found Kim Jongin’s name on top of his “Human I Don’t Hate” list. Well, if he could add Minseok because he looked like a cat, probably Jongin was there too because he kind of looked like a puppy. And Kyungsoo surely didn’t hate puppies. At least since right now.


 

Okay, guys, this is it. How was it? Crap as I said, isn't it? You can judge me, but please don't be to harsh hahaha

Oh, and if any of you probably want to get a new friend, you can just say hello to my Twitter here. Eventhough I'm a horrible writer, I'm actually a nice kind of friend XP

Lastly, Happy Birthday once again my sweetest Ann. I love you so much :*