Cooking with Namjin

BTS One-Shots

     Namjoon couldn’t decide whether to knock or ring the doorbell - isn’t that what doorbells are for, so you don’t have to knock? But what if the doorbell is broken; wouldn’t it be easier to just knock? He couldn’t believe he was fussing over such a small decision, it was only a way to let the person inside the house that you’re here. Maybe it was the fact that he was nervous as hell, the first time being at his boyfriend’s house - well he wasn’t sure if he should refer to him as his boyfriend, they weren’t official - wasn’t quite imagined like this.

     He raised his hand to knock, but suddenly Namjoon wasn’t looking at mahogany wood anymore, instead he was staring at Seokjin. He wasn’t sure what to say, so he just continued to make eye contact with the boy in front of him. His heart was beating faster (and louder) than usual.

     “You could have just knocked.” Seokjin leaned against the door, grinning.
     Namjoon felt flustered, now avoiding any eye contact, “Oh yeah, I was about to.” he tried playing it off, like he had just arrived.
     “You’ve been standing here for 10 minutes just staring at the door,” Seokjin stepped out of the way, granting Namjoon enough room to walk inside, “You barely raised your hand to knock the whole time.”

     Namjoon followed Seokjin to the kitchen, impressed by the looks of it; black and white cabinets lined the walls, counters made of marble, and pink accents all over the room.
     “So what’s cookin’, good lookin’?” Namjoon folded his arms over his chest, this smug look on his face. Seokjin turned around and shook his head at the pink haired boy, whose hair reminded him of bubblegum and candyfloss.
     “Did you really just say that to me?” Seokjin grimaced, “so why the new hair color?” he stepped closer to Namjoon, ruffling the younger’s hair.
     “The blonde was becoming too boring, needed something more fun.”
     Seokjin only nodded, Namjoon watched as Seokjin walked away to grab the ingredients for whatever dish he had in mind for them to make. “When I studied abroad, we were learning about some french dishes and there was something called ‘coq au vin’ and I figured we could make that.”
     “You don’t happen to have anything easier, do you?” Namjoon leaned against the counter, chewing the inside of his cheek.
     “I mean… there’s something called a crêpe, which is like a pancake, but thinner?” Seokjin suggested, Namjoon happily nodded, ‘coq au vin’ just sounded a bit too complicated.

     After many trial and errors, mostly due to Namjoon either not properly flipping the crêpe or burning it to the bottom of the pan, they tasted the few successes and decided it was a good start. Seokjin glanced at Namjoon who had flour all over his face and on his clothes, he laughed as he grabbed a napkin. “You’ve got a little something right….there.” Seokjin gently wiped at Namjoon’s cheeks and nose, the corners of his lips turning upwards.
     “I can’t remember if I said it or not, but your house is very nice. I think I could come here more often.” Namjoon grinned back at Seokjin, noticing the twinkle in his eyes (as cliche as it sounds).
     “You’d come here because you only love me for my cooking abilities.”


this was a prompt for somebody on tumblr and i decided to share it on here as well (after being nudged by my sister to post it on here) :+)