Meeting You

Until We Meet Again
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

          Kyungsoo was taking his usual morning walk at the park towards the school while sipping on his chocolate drink. When he was about to take the turn, he bumped in to a girl in a school uniform just like his and the coffee accidentally spilled on to her coat.

          “Are you okay?” The girl stood up and held out her hand. “Sorry, I didn’t see you there.” He took her hands and she brushed off her coat once he got up on his feet.

          “I’m fine. Sorry for th-‘ he was stunned when he finally lifted his face up to look at the girl. He unconsciously starred at her and finally took off his coat and handed it to her.

          “What’s this for?” The girl asked in confusion and hesitantly took the coat.

          “I-I me-messed up y-you-your coat. T-take mine. I’ll send yours to dry clean.” He stuttered while pulling on her coat.

          “What about you? I refuse to take this if you are to go to school like this.” The girl argued and pointed out to his figure which was freezing because of the cold.

          “I-I-It’s o-ok-kay, my house is j-just around the corner there and I’ll change another after s-sending off yours.” He explained shakily while pointing towards the far end of the street and smiled.

          “Are you sure?” she asked worriedly.

          “I’m sure. It’s my fault your coat is dirty anyways so I can’t just let you off with that to school or else everyone will laugh at you.” Kyungsoo explained innocently and blinked.

          “You are one cute guy.” She uttered while taking off her coat and put on his making him choke on his saliva when the words was fully registered in to his mind. “Here, thank you.” Just when he was about to ask her regarding when to return the coat, a car passed by and stopped right beside them. “My ride’s here.” She bid goodbye and quickly entered the car leaving the dumfounded Do Kyungsoo behind.  

          The walk to the dry cleaning took a long time as he kept walking in circles around the block. He can’t seem to focus on finding the way to the shop and he couldn’t get his mind off of the girl. I didn’t even get to ask for her name. He thought to himself and face palmed when he remembered stuttering in front of her.

          “Where in the world is the dry clean?” he exclaimed in frustration as he finally realized he already took 10 minutes looking around for the shop.

          “Excuse me, are you looking for the dry cleaning?” an uncle suddenly came up to him.

          “Huh? Annyeonghaseyo. Yeah, I’m looking for the dry clean shop. Do you know where it is?” He answered politely and took the big package the uncle was holding.

          “Thank you son. Follow me, I’ll show you where it is.” The uncle then led him to the direction of the shop.

          “Here we are. How can be you lost? The sign of the shop is pretty big and it’s kind of impossible for people to miss it.” The uncle entered the shop and went to the back to get the registry book. “So, what are you sending?” he asked and took out a pencil to write.

          “A coat.” He took out the coat from his bag and put it on the desk in between them. “I accidentally spilled my drink on it.” He explained and showed the patches of spilled chocolate drink to the uncle.

          “Your name?” the uncle took the coat from him and hung it to a rack beside him.

          “Do Kyungsoo.” He answered politely and took the resit from the uncle.

          “Come back on the date written on the resit and you can pay it on that day.” Kyungsoo finally bowed to the uncle and dashed out of the shop to run to school.

          “Hey kid! You forgot your nametag!” he suddenly heard someone shout behind him. He turned around and saw the man from the shop running towards him holding out a nametag. That must be her nametag. He mumbled to himself without looking for his and took small steps towards the uncle.

          “Sorry uncle. Thank you.” He took the nametag from him and bowed before running back to the direction of his school. 

      

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter