final

Nightmare

Jongdae is absolutely miserable. Whatever flu Jongin contracted two weeks ago has now passed onto the EXO-M vocalist. Wrapped in a cocoon of blankets with a half empty tissue box beside him, Jongdae thinks he’s never been this sick in his life. He wishes that a genie could just magically appear and rid him of his sickness so he could go back to his life. He has no such luck, however, as he is currently bedridden with a high fever. He sighs sadly as he wraps his blankets tighter around himself. The sunlight is streaming gently through the windows, illuminating the empty dorm. Jongdae feels his eyelids start to droop and eventually he falls fast asleep.

Jongdae bolts upright with a distressed yelp, sweat beading on his face. He had a nightmare about being on stage after missing weeks of practice. Despite knowing all the lyrics, he draws a blank in front of thousands of fans and breaks down into tears. All these years Jongdae is guarded when it comes to crying in front of fans. He feels guilty and apologetic and despite being told otherwise by s, he believes that he’s not yet worthy of all the love and support the fans have given him.

 

--

 

“I trained in such a short period of time,” he had mumbled quietly to a solemn Baekhyun. They had just won their first award for Wolf and all the members and staff had gone out to celebrate. Baekhyun and Jongdae were sat at the end of the table, adrenaline and shock still in their system.

“I can’t…I can’t celebrate knowing that Joonmyeon hyung labored tirelessly for years before I came along. I can’t celebrate knowing that Jongin and Yixing hyung poured their passion and energy into their practice to the point of injury. I can’t celebrate knowing that Luhan hyung, Yifan hyung, Yixing hyung, and Zitao spent sleepless nights trying to learn our language. I can’t celebrate knowing that Minseok hyung and Sehun are still self conscious and doubt themselves despite years of training. I can’t celebrate knowing Kyungsoo and Chanyeol spent all these years sneaking out to buy food because they were too hungry. Baekhyun I-“ Jongdae’s voice cracked. 

Baekhyun had just put a comforting hand on his bandmate’s shoulder and pulled him close as tears started falling down his face.

 

--

 

“Jongdae, what’s wrong?” Joonmyeon’s voice is muffled as his footsteps thunder down the hallway. When he reaches Jongdae’s room, the latter is breathing heavily, the panic settling down to a dull ache in his heart.

“Nothing hyung, just a nightmare,” Jongdae mumbles, his heartbeat regulating.

Joonmyeon gives him a look and walks over to the younger male. He sits on the edge of the bed and looks Jongdae in the eye.

“You don’t have to worry,” he says softly, pulling Jongdae into a hug. “I’m here.”

Jongdae’s anxiety melts away in the comfortable silence. His eyes water but he wills himself not to cry.

“Thanks hyung.”

 

a/n this is for tumblr user thatsjustmegs, I hope you like it! If you want a drabble and you have a tumblr account, just reblog THIS post with your OTP in the tags and you will get a drabble! It says 30 but I'm going to try to do as many as I can :)) If you want to send me a specific prompt, I have an ask.fm :)) lastly, if you want to read any of my other fics, you can find them all on my listography page HERE. Upvotes, comments, and subs are always appreciated!