Just one more

Heal you

 

 

There was I, closed in the cold basement of our house, Daehyun and I sat on this old couch with only a sweater and boxers on, me supporting my heartbroken friend. For the 4th time in 3 months. Was he trying to beat his own record? He has probably already dated 15 different girls in the space of 5 years, which is not suprising, hes very attractive. All of them broke his heart with creative ways such as cheating on him, cutting connections with him for a long time, having me telling him that they broke up with him (indirect breakup?), and so many more, a quite long list.

"I'm tired of this." I heard him whinning with his face hiden in a pillow. His hair was messy, his voice wasn't as clear as it usually is because he had been crying. I tried to put myself on his shoes and imagine how much it hurted, which wasn't too far from what I felt when he'd bring home a new girl or when he spends nights in their houses.

"I'm not trying to judge you...but I think things are kind of getting out of hand" 

I watched him hide under the blanket that was next to him. How childish could a 20 years old man be after a breakup. I patted his back to comfort him, I noticed that he hit reality because he didn't cry for 8 minutes straight. Its was 10pm and we had arrived from work, which was in a coffee shop downtown. We also had University so we were doing part-times there to pay our house, they were nice enough to pay us as if we worked full time. 

"Hey, aren't you hungry?" Normally, eating would make him feel better. He stuck his head out of the blanket and looked at me with puppy swollen eyes, nodding softly. He looked like a hot mess, literally. I know it sounds cheesy, but I could appreciate him even when he was looking like a mess. And, even if it sounds mean, I kind of would enjoy these breakups myself, once we would return to have our fun, hangout and sleep in the same bed. I'm being really lame.

"Alright, I'll order some pizza."

"Mozzarella and pepperoni, please"

I already knew what he wanted, he always choose the same. I dialed the number of the local pizza place, to hear a beeping and in a matter of secondss I'd be talking to a pizza guy to... order the pizza, of course.

"Good night" I started. "I'd like to order a mozzarella and pepperoni pizza" Then proceeded to give our address and end the call.

I knew the TV was on but I only noticed in that moment, it was soundless and providing us with a soft lighting to the room, being everything else pitch black behind us. Looking over at Daehyun, he was blankly staring at the short table we had in front of the couch. I took my hand to his hair, attempting to fix it, catching his attention and trying to ignore the little smirk and gaze he was giving me. 

"You dont need to fix it... Who am I going to look good for?" I looked at him in the eyes this time. i couldn't stand hearing him saying things like that. If he only saw himself like I do see him, he'd be the most confident person ever. 

"Shut up, dummy, who said you look bad?" I playfully patted his head, trying to look like I wasn't always checking him out. I heard him chuckle a bit for himself as he rolled his eyes. I awkwardly took my hand off his head and hoped he didn't notice. Soon I'd realise that the pizza guy was very soon knocking on the door.

"Hey, I have to go upstairs to get the pizza. I'll be right back" While I was getting up from the couch, he silently tugged on my sweater. I looked down at him only to meet his puppy eyes and his pouting plump lips. 

"You don't have to do this... I..." He got tears on his eyes as he spoke. What was worrying him so much? "Please...you don't have to go..." He started to sob. I got really worried with him, frowning, but let him finish. "You've done... so much for me...I'll go get it and...and pay for it..."

"What?" I shouldn't have laughed as loud as I did. "Daehyunie, I'll go, it won't kill me." He sounded so silly, adorably silly. He started to cry for real then and I bit my lip because I didn't want to laugh again, I knew he was in emotional pain. Clumsily (more like looking he was drunk) he got up from the couch, cleaning his running tears to the sleeve of his grey sweater, leaving noticeable stains. 

"Come with me, then, b-but I'll pay." I could see how hard he was trying not to cry. His hand was lightly grabbing my wrist. We both walked to the staircase a few steps behind the couch. 

Daehyun never let me go until we we're on the living room. I could hear him sob behind me as we steped on he stairs, that weren't that many. It was normal for him to get all emotional and cry but crying because of me was something new. 

"Jaejae~ I'm such a drag, ain't I?" I was looking at him, watching Daehyun being all sad and apolagenic, I automatically put my arm around him. 

"Dae, it's oka-" He didn't let me finish what I was about to say and wrapped his arms tightly around my waist, burying his face on my chest. Hesitantly, I hugged him too, he was seriously so needy that it was lame. I can't say that I didn't like it though. He felt warm and i could feel him sobbing, which made me sad too. He started to cry soundly, I just patted his back, hoping he couldn't listen to my heart that was beating somewhat faster. 

Ring

The bell rang, which meant the pizza guy was waiting outside and I had Daehyun in my arms, crying like a baby. 

"Daehyunie~ Let me go get it~" I was gently let go of him and he did it as well, now curled on the floor, trying to stop crying. I moved to the door, opening it to face the pizza guy, who had a liveless expression while holding what I had ordered. I took the money from my wallet when I realised that... I was standing in front of a stranger in my underwear. 

I quickly gave him the money, took the box, politely yhanked him and closed the door.

 Daehyun looked up at me, more calm now. I approached him and showed him my hand so he could grab it and stand up. He looked at me with his puffy eyes, biting his lip and trying to control his breathing. I let out a sigh, caressing his arm. 

"Let go downstairs now." 

~~*~~

It was almost 2am but I was still awake with heavy eyelids wanting to close. Daehyun had started to cry once more, this time thanking me for being his friend and etc. He also ate most part of the pizza, which I didn't mind as long as it made him happy.

We were in that basement yet. He was already sleeping, like an angel, with his head on my shoulder. I did miss these nights with him where the only company I needed was his. Just him being there, asleep. I knew he was safe and sound next to me like that.

Ah, gosh...here I am being cheesy again. If he only knew that I have these thoughts about him.... 

To end this day, I gave him a soft kiss on the head, covered him better with the blanket that was over him. There were a lot of tissues on the ground. "Its time to sleep now" I thought as I leaned my head against his and closed my heavy eyes. The TV was still on. 


 

Hello guys!!!

This fanfic is going to be from Youngjae's point of view. I hope you like it!! I'll probably come back to re read it and see if I have something wrong etc

See you soon! 

(Daehyun is so emo poor child)