An Odd First Date (Yoongi x Reader Fluff)

An Odd First Date (Yoongi x Reader Fluff)

Word Count: 2885

It was yet another slow day at work. You were a waitress at a café right next to the local park and your shift had only begun an hour ago.

It wasn’t very crowded other than the regulars that came for their usual brunch, but you didn’t mind it. You loved working there, no matter how little work you had to do every now and then.

You had just finished taking an order from an elderly couple when you dropped your notepad. As you bent down to pick it up, you noticed the front door opening and in came a rather pale and handsome young man, with greyish-lilac hair looking out of his beanie. His looks mesmerised you longer than they should and you noticed yourself staring at him, so you hurriedly picked up the little notebook, stood back up and straightened your uniform.

He walked straight towards a table next to a big window, accidentally brushing your hand as he moved past you and placed the bag he was carrying on the surface to get his laptop out.

“Focus, Y/N. Focus.” You muttered to yourself when you realised you were staring again.

It took you a couple of seconds to regain your composure, but eventually you got back to work. You finished the order you had previously taken and went back to the couple’s table before mustering up the courage to wait on the pale man.

“Have you decided yet, sir?” you spoke with the sweetest smile on your face, but he didn’t seem to notice.

“Sir?” still nothing.

You tapped his shoulder and waited for his response. He took out his earphones and turned around with a blank expression on his face.

“Do you want me to come back in a couple of minutes, Sir?”

“Oh, no. I’ll have a large coffee, please.” He blushed a little for not realising earlier what you wanted from him.

“Anything else? We’re somewhat of an insider tip with locals for our pastries.”

“Not right now, thank you. I’m not much of a sweet tooth.” He chuckled, revealing a handsome gummy smile.

You nodded and went behind the counter to finish his order. A couple of minutes later you went back to his table, placing a large coffee mug next to his laptop. He merely acknowledged your presence with a barely noticeable hand gesture, as he was writing away. You didn’t give it much thought and went on with your work.

Throughout the rest of your shift, you mostly waited on other tables and kept a close eye on the mysterious man. He had something to him and he seemed kind of familiar, but you couldn’t pinpoint where you had seen him before.

He continued ordering just a coffee and checking his phone every now and then, as if he was waiting for someone. At times he seemed a little annoyed, but before you knew it, he had returned to his work like nothing had happened.

You had been working for 6 hours now, when you were finally done and the man was still glued to his chair, making you feel kind of bad for him for being stood up.

After you had quickly changed into your regular clothes in the back, you went back behind the counter, grabbed a plate and fork, placed a large piece of cake on it and put some money in the register before walking over to his table.

“I hope you don’t mind me picking something out for you. It’s the best one we serve.” You placed the plate on the surface next to his empty cup.

“Oh, uhm… No that’s okay. Thank you I guess?” he looked at you with a confused expression.

“Don’t worry it’s on the house. You looked kind of lonely and our cakes always help me if I need cheering up, so I was hoping it does the same for you. Have a nice day.”

You smiled gently and before he could even get another word out, you threw your bag over your shoulder and made your way towards the exit.

A raspy chuckle was heard behind you as you reached for the door.

“I didn’t even know I needed cheering up until you pointed it out.”

You turned around and the man was standing there with his hands in his pockets and he looked a little shy, almost helpless, as he spoke.

“Would you like to sit with me? Only if you don’t have any other plans of course.” He sheepishly scratched the back of his head.

“I’d like that very much.” You smiled brightly as the two of you made your way back to his table.

“I’m Min Yoongi by the way.” He held out his hand and you shook it.

“Y/N. It’s nice to meet you.”

He picked up the fork and cut into the cake. As he took a big bite from it, his eyes widened in surprise.

“Amazing, you picked out my favourite without even knowing. This is delicious!”

“It’s actually my favourite too. I’m glad you like it.” An idiotic grin crept onto your face.

Without another word he stood up, went over to the counter and as he came back, he placed another fork in front of you.

“Be my guest.” He gestured to the cake.

The two of you quickly chowed down the rest of the piece and talked about yourselves for a while. The entire time his phone buzzed quite frequently, but he had only eyes for you and ignored it for as long as possible. Eventually he gave in and picked it up, speaking in an annoyed tone.

“Can you please stop calling me? I asked for one quiet day for my birthday.” He rolled his eyes and looked down while the person on the other end talked nonstop.

“I don’t care Taehyung. I don’t want to play with you right now.” He paused and glanced over to you. “I’m not alone.”

“I’ll tell you later at the dorm.” And with that he immediately hung up.

“I apologise for that. My friends just can’t take no for an answer.”

This explains the behaviour you had observed earlier in the day.

“They seem to care about you a lot.” You smiled. “Maybe you should go and spend some time with them.”

“I don’t know… Maybe –“ an idea popped into his head and a diabolic smirk formed on his face as he placed some money on the table, grabbed his belongings and dragged you with him towards the exit.

“If I have to endure them, so do you.” He laughed as the two of you walked down the street.

You didn’t really know what to think. This was a stranger you had met only a couple of hours ago and you didn’t even know his name for more than 30 minutes, yet you were dragged along with him to his place. This was anything but safe, but you also didn’t feel like you were in danger and the way he acted it seemed like you were free to go whenever you wanted.

About half an hour and a nice stroll through the park later you were standing in front of a large building.

“Okay, before we go in, I have to warn you about a couple of things.” He seemed very calm as he spoke.

“Firstly, I live with 6 other guys, so it might be messy. Secondly, I have no clue who will be home, so we might be in luck and they won’t leave a bad impression on you. And thirdly… I’m sorry if they do.” He let out another raspy chuckle and it started growing on you.

You made your way up to his apartment and it finally hit you that you were standing in front of a guy’s apartment and were about to meet his friends, which left you with a nervous feeling in your stomach.

As the key turned around in the lock, the door opened and you were greeted by… nothing. The lights were on but nobody came to welcome you, which seemed to confuse Yoongi just as much.

“Hello?” he walked further into his apartment. “I’m home.”

Suddenly, a man jumped out of nowhere.

“Hyung? I thought you didn’t want –“ he cut himself off midsentence as he noticed you. He looked very young, had dark, almost black, hair and an earring in both ears.

“Yeah well, I’ve changed my mind. I’ve also brought her with me, so tell the others to behave.” Yoongi gestured towards you.

“I’m Y/N, nice to meet you.” You held out a hand, but he didn’t shake it. It wasn’t hard to tell he hadn’t done it because he was impolite, rather because he seemed too shy.

“Jung…..” he muffled.

“I’m sorry, I didn’t quite get that.” But before he could repeat himself, another man walked in.

“Hyung why didn’t you tell us you’d be coming home? We wanted to surprise you!” he now also noticed you and immediately ran up to you, taking your hands in his.

“I’m Taehyung, nice to meet you! You must be the person that was with Yoongi earlier.” He looked at you excitedly, with a boxy smile resting on his face.

“Yes, uhm… I’m Y/N.” you gave him a weak grin as you felt a little overwhelmed by his personality.

“Come in! The others would love to meet you!” he grabbed your wrist and pulled you past Yoongi and the shy boy into the living room.

“Everyone! We have a guest!” he yelled into the big room, causing the four remaining guys to stop what they were doing and look directly at you.

They instantly jumped off their seats and lined up in front of you triggering the other two new faces to join them. Yoongi stood still in his place next to you as he spoke.

“You don’t have to do this every time we have a –“

“1, 2, 3.”

“We are Bangtan Sonyeondan. It is nice to meet you.” They chimed in unison as they bowed before you and then it finally hit you.

“Wait. So you are… and they are… You’re famous!” you spluttered out and felt like a complete idiot for not noticing earlier.

“Yea, so? Does that change anything?” he looked at you expectantly.

“No, it doesn’t. It’s just surprising. You are still just a guy I have met at a café and shared a piece of cake with.” You gently smiled at him.

Even now that you knew he was famous, the way you looked at him never changed and it was obvious he noticed you were telling the truth.

“Good, then please make yourself at home.” He returned your smile with his gummy one that you had seen earlier and at the sight you felt a warm feeling creeping into your stomach.

The other guys returned to their previous seats and the two you of joined them on the couch.

“So, what is your name dear?” the tall man with broad shoulders asked.

“I’m Y/N. It is very nice to meet you all.” You responded loud enough for everyone to hear, so you didn’t have to repeat yourself.

“I’m Seokjin.” He smiled.

“This is Namjoon,” he pointed at the pink haired man next to him.

“Jimin,” a dark brown haired guy with muscly arms waved at you.

“Hoseok,” the next one acted all cute when he heard his name.

“And I’m guessing you just met Taehyung and Jungkook.” The calm air around Seokjin pulled you in and the nervousness had gradually subsided.

“So tell me, Y/N. How did you two meet?” and at that question they all sat up straight, anxiously awaiting your answer.

“Uhm, it wasn’t very special.” You laughed. “I’m a waitress at a café near the local park and Yoongi seemed –“ the man you were talking about cut you off midway.

“I’ll take you all out for cake at that café if you don’t ask any further.” His face had turned a bright shade of red.

“Fine. We’ll continue this when he’s not around.” Seokjin winked. “Tell us a bit about yourself.” And so you did.

You told them about your education and hobbies, your family, favourite things and your aspirations in life. Before you knew it, they intently listened to every word you said, commenting and laughing with you and eventually telling you about themselves in return.

The entire time you spoke, Yoongi practically stared at you with loving eyes and you kind of liked getting all his attention.

Seokjin seemed very motherly as he made sure your glass was filled at all times and offered you appetizers like Daegujeon, Eomuk and Pasanjeok among a big variety of other things he had prepared.

In the end you talked to them far longer than you had anticipated and it was already dark outside when a small yawn escaped your lips.

“Oh, I didn’t even look at the time. I’m sorry we kept you busy for so long.” Namjoon was the one apologising to you.

“No, please don’t be. I had a lot of fun tonight. You are really great people.” You smiled at all of them.

“I’ll gladly give that compliment right back at you. Yoongi, you should bring her here more often. She’s a keeper.” Seokjin smirked at the man next to you and if you didn’t feel uncomfortable about his maternal attitude before, you now certainly did.

“Aish, stop it.” Yoongi shyly shook his head and didn’t dare to look at you again in front of the boys.

“Come, Y/N, I’ll take you home. It’s too late for you to walk by yourself.” And with that, he quickly stood up and went to get your belongings.

In the meantime, Seokjin went into the kitchen and came back with a container filled with food.

“I believe we will see more of you in the future, so I don’t want you to lose any weight. Please eat it well.” He handed you the small box and hugged you as you said your goodbye’s to everyone.

Yoongi held the door open for you as you waved at your new friends one last time and made your way out of the building.

On your way home, the two of you stole nervous glances at each other and without you noticing it, he sneakily took your hand in his as you walked along an empty road.

Eventually you were standing in front of your house.

“So, I guess this is it.” You looked to the side.

“Oh… I guess so.” Yoongi followed your lead and you stood there in silence for a couple of seconds before both of you opened your mouths to speak up.

“I –“

“You –“ The two of you nervously chuckled at the awkward situation you had caught yourselves up in.

“You first.” He gestured towards you.

“Thank you for everything tonight. Your friends are really nice.”

“Yeah, I’m sorry they were so intrusive.” He sheepishly scratched the back of his head.

“Don’t be. I really had a great time. Tell your friend his food was very tasty and I’ll make sure to eat this deliciously.” You let the container peek out of your bag.

“Yeah I probably won’t or I’ll never hear the end of it.” And with that, the embarrassed moment returned, leaving both of you speechless for yet another minute.

“I should probably go in now.” You motioned towards the entrance.

“Yes… I should head back too, or the others will get funny ideas.” He held out his and for you to shake, but you didn’t take it. Instead you got brave and gave him a small peck on his cheek.

“Good night.” You laughed and his gummy smile showed once more. You slowly walked to the heavy door when he suddenly grabbed your wrist, turning you to face him and spoke up.

“I know this was an odd first date. Can I make it up to you?” this was it. The moment you had waited for the entire walk back.

“I’d like that very much.” You smiled brightly.

Maybe it was the heat of the moment or his warm body so close to yours, but something unexpectedly clicked in him and he pulled you in for a long, loving kiss. His sweet and plump lips were pressed against yours and you were gone on a far away cloud as his hands cupped your cheeks and his nose brushed against yours. But like everything, your gentle touches had to come to an end and you were drawn back into reality.

“I’m sorry. That was way out of line.” He smiled as he let you go.

“Don’t be.” You got on your tippy-toes and left a loving peck on his forehead.

“Are you working tomorrow?”

“Yes, why?”

“I promised the others cake and I want to see you again as soon as possible.” His eyes were filled with love as he spoke.

You quickly nodded in response and hugged him once more before you turned around and stuck your keys into the lock. Waving at him one last time, you saw him happily walk off, almost skipping and with an idiotic smile on your face, you went inside.

This sure was an odd first date, but you knew there were many more to come.