Chapter 1.

Take It Slow

 


 

 

                A sigh escaped the short-blonde-haired girl’s mouth. She yawned and stretched as she looked around the library. She caught a group of girls at the other side of the room looking at her stealthily. To be honest, they really doesn’t look like they’re stalking. They weren’t obvious and Taeyeon can say that they’re really good at what they’re doing. No once will notice. No one can. They just look like some group of girls studying, but the blonde knows better.

                She sighed again and decided to just head back to her dorm. She was done with her studies anyway. Staying there- knowing that she was being watched, is making her uncomfortable. If she didn’t noticed them, she could’ve stayed for a couple of minutes and sleep there –she’s friend with the student assistant that’s currently assigned at that time and day- but the fact those girls will watch her sleep is really creepy. And not to mention, she have this weird sleeping habits and keeping it to herself and her roommate is the best, perfectly aware of her image. Though it’s not like she’s a star or an idol to have these image, but she has a reputation in her university.

                 Leader. Lead Singer. Senior. That’s what she is to the university’s biggest singing club. They always join national competition and they even joined an international competition once. They won most of the time thanks to the leader for her skills. And now, everyone in her campus knows her- and she even gained fans from all around South Korea. Hence, the need of image.

                “Oh- I’m sorry!” She quickly shoved her phone into her pocket- blaming herself for being clumsy and not looking into her way. “Are you okay? I’m really sorry.” Taeyeon apologized while trying to look at the flinching girl.

                “I’m fine,” The girl looked up and her eyes immediately widen. “T-Taeyeon Sunbae-nim!” The girl was about to stand up and bow but winced when she realized she can’t.

                Taeyeon, realizing the situation, crouched beside the girl. “Omo, can’t you stand up? I’ll bring you to the clinic. Let’s go.” She stood up and offered a hand, but the girl winced again.

                The helpless girl that’s sitting on the floor stared at the other girl who suddenly crouched in front of her, back facing her. “W-what are you doing, sunbae-nim?”

                “Hop on,” Taeyeon answered. She turned around to look at the other girl when didn’t feel anything on her back. “I’ll carry you to the clinic since you can’t walk. And it’s all my fault that you’re injured right now. C’mon.” She sighed when she realized that the girl isn’t planning on doing what she asked. “Listen,” She said softly while looking at the girl in front of her. “I know this will be embarrassing, but you can’t walk and I can’t just leave you here alone. So please? It’ll be good for both of us. I will really really bad if I can’t do anything to help you, and you you’ll be cured!” She smiled at the girl who smiled softly. “What’s your name?” She asked.

                “Choi Jun Hee,” The girl answered but spoke louder when she saw Taeyeon raising her eyebrows on her. “Jun Hee, Choi Junhee.”

                “Okay, Junhee. Please?”

                 Taeyeon pouted and Jun Hee froze in her spot. The movement of Taeyeon snapped her back into reality. She sighed before climbing on Taeyeon’s back. She hid her head on the girl’s hair when she notice people looking at their way.

                 Taeyeon said nothing and proceeded to the clinic quietly. Taeyeon stayed until the nurse finished wrapping on the girl’s foot. Taeyeon almost doze off listening to the nurse explaining the do’s and don’ts’s to Junhee. But the vibrating on her pocket awakened her. She saw a text message.

                 “Wru?”

                 “Clinic. Y?”

                 “Clinic? Wat r u doin der? Soo’s here. We’re at sb infront of d campus.”

                 “Ill go der ryt after dis.”

                 “Ok. Hurry up, Taetae.”

                 “Sunbae-nim?”

                 Taeyeon looked up from her phone and saw Junhee standing in front of her with crutches in between her arms. She frowned, feeling bad. Junhee saw and immediately smiled at her. “I’m fine now, Sunbae-nim. Thank you for bringing me and even staying even though you don’t have to.” She bowed slightly since she can’t fully bow yet.

                 “What are you saying? It’s my fault. I should be taking care of you. C’mon. Where are you going next? I’ll walk you there.” Taeyeon said, standing up while getting Junhee’s things.

                 “N-no!” Taeyeon looked at Junhee’s loud voice. “I m-mean you don’t need to, sunbae-nim. I called on my friend and he’ll be here any minutes,” She explained. “A-and sorry for screaming.” She said, barely audible.

                 “Oh,” Taeyeon scratched her head. “Okay then, I’ll wait for him then.” Taeyeon smiled.

                 And right on cue, a boy entered the clinic.

                 “Junhee!” He walked towards the girl and looked at her from head to toe. “Are you okay?”

                 “I’m fine, oppa.” Junhee said shyly, while taking meek peek and the other girl.

                 The boy only then noticed the other girl. “Oh? Taeyeon!” He smiled at the girl. “Fancy meeting you here.” He joked.

                 “I know right?,” Taeyeon laughed. “How are you, Yonghwa?”

                 Taeyeon and Yonghwa sang a duet before, on a university’s event. Yonghwa isn’t part of the singing club, unfortunately- since he really got a nice voice. But on the good note, he’s a lead vocal and rhythm guitarist of a band and that makes him famous around girls on the campus.

                 “Psh,” He scoffed. “Cliché questions.

                 Taeyeon only rolled her eyes at the boy. She felt her vibrating phone inside her pocket and that reminded her of her friends waiting for her. She looked at Junhee then to Yonghwa. “I assume you’re going to take it from here?” She smile at Yonghwa and Junhee softly.

                 “Yeah. She told me what happened, and even though she keep son insisting that it’s not your fault, I’m blaming you.” He said jokingly. “How ‘bout you treat us to lunch or something?”

                 “I won’t decline to that since it’s really my fault. But unfortunately, I can’t right now. Tiffany and Sooyoung is waiting for me.” She shot Junhee and Yonghwa an apologetic look. “Next time? I promise.”

                 “I-It’s okay, sunbae-nim,” Said Junhee. “You don’t need to.”

                 “Non-sense.” Taeyeon said while smiling. She went to Junhee and patted on her shoulder lightly. “I’ll treat you next time. But right now I have to go. Sorry again?”

                 “I-It’s fine.” Junhee bowed again lightly. “Take care, sunbae-nim.”

                 Taeyeon smiled for the last time and greeted both of them Goodbye. She then proceeded to the coffee shop while thinking of the event that happened with a smile.