Broadcast #24

Saturday 2AM Playlist
Please log in to read the full chapter

Broadcast #24

'Good moooornight everyone! Its Saturday and its 2 am.'

The usual greeting came on and the little music played in the background.

'This is Two and you are listening to the Saturday 2AM Playlist on One FM. Otherwise known as STAMP.'

'How was your day? I hope it wasn't as embarrassing as mine,' Two chuckled at that.

'I was paying for my drink at this little cafe in the morning and the zip to my bag was stuck and wouldn't open no matter how hard I yanked,' her tone a little wry.

'The people in the line was getting restless so I kept trying. It did in the end, although it could never be zipped again,' she gave a little laugh, 'and I think I emptied everything inside my bag to the floor. It was safe to say nobody wants to see tampons rolling anywhere near them.'

'You are all laughing, right? I hope you are because right now it is raining. I don't know about you but for me, when it rains, I get this feeling of melancholia,' her voice soft.

'When it rains, I feel like the sky is crying for me because I have no more tears left to cry,' she was almost whispering now. It echoes inside the room and she was silent for a few moments.

'Tonight, let us all cry together with the rain and let it all out,' her voice suddenly loud and bright burst into the silence, followed by the beginnings of a song.

'On Rainy Days by Beast, for those of you reminiscing the memories.'

 

On rainy days,

Your thoughts come visit me

And torture me all night

As the rain stops,

Your thoughts fade away as well

 

'You do know that you can tell your stories to me right? Email your story to [email protected] I will read every single one of those emails although I can't share all.'

'The next song I'm playing,' Two paused for a second before continuing, 'is one of my favourites. I think, you and I, we are the same. Why else are we here right now? If not because of the fact that we're lonely.'

 

2NE1- Lonely

 

As the song ends, its volume turned down and Two's voice came on again.

'I am back and I will be sharing a story with you,' her voice a little cheerful.

'Mornight, Two. I have the worst luck in dating. I was dumped every single time. And none of it was ever my fault. One dumped me after she got caught cheating with a friend,'

'I'm sorry, but he is not a friend,' Two commented, cutting in the story she was reading to her listeners.

'Another cheated too but with another girl,'

'I'm sorry you had to be caught there. Maybe she was still finding out her identity,' another comment.

'One just disappeared after a month. Another finds faults in everything I do and dumped me after a year. One girl dumped me after an hour because I was just a bet,'

'These things happen in real life?'

'I have become afraid when it feels perfect. Just at the moment I feel happy and think this might be the one, I get dumped. Tell me, Two. Are there girls in the world unlike them? I'd rather be single forever than face another dump.'

'That was the story Dumpster sent. Well, I don't feel comfortable calling you Dumpster so I'll call you Waiter. Because well, I think you should just wait. Wait for the one. I'm sure there's a girl somewhere waiting for someone like you. Don't give up yet.'

'Or are there any of you female listeners interested in Waiter,' she asked cheekily.

'For you Waiter, I put on If You Do by Got7. After that iKon's Wait For Me.'

After both songs played, Two's voice broke in again and went on to read a story about a girl with the same situation as Waiter.

'Well, we have found a Waitress, don't you think? If you two know each other in real life, please just date,' Two joked.

'Two broadcasts ago, I received an email that I would like

Please log in to read the full chapter