That once was

Stuck On You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The time I met.... love.. and pain..

 

Seulgi's POV

It's almost half of being a sophomore in high school when love, along with pain, had hit me.

 

At first, I thought that love was so amazing.. That it makes me feel different things going on inside me. I smiled, I laughed, I blushed, I fluttered and everything that makes your heart jump..

 

Until pain came into my life- I never knew that pain, caused by love, is so hurtful. I didn't know that it can cause extreme loneliness. I also didn't know that crying because of love would be that hard.

 

She introduced me to these two feelings that made me think that being in love would just hurt you. It will only make you suffer from all the wonderful things you felt from the first time love met you.. until it gave you pain.

 

-------------

 

"Hey Seulgi!" Someone called me from behind.

 

"Huh? What?" I mumbled as I turned myself around to face the person.

 

It's Solar.

 

"Yah Seulgi! Come here!" She shouted, so I went near her and she dragged me to the door of our classroom. We looked like hiding from someone.

 

I was standing near the door and she was peeking outside to the other classrooms.

 

"What are you doing?!" I asked. I'm confused with Solar's actions and she didn't even tell me yet why she called me.

 

"Come closer Seulgi!" I went behind her back. "See that girl from Section 9, the one that is standing." Solar pointed out the girl standing in front of section 9's room.

 

"The one who has a long wavy hair?" I asked her then she turned around and smacked me.

 

"Ouch! What was that for?!" I squealed.

 

"You stupid bear! Ofcourse she's the one I'm talking about! She's the only one standing there!" She exclaimed. "Look, all her friends are sitting you dumb." Aish! My ear hurts. Solar's voice is too loud.

 

"Fine! Just keep quiet already, our classmates might hear us!" I covered . "Now, tell me who's that girl you're pointing out? And what about her?" I questioned her. Who's that girl anyway, I haven't seen her yet, just now.

 

"Howd yould ay twell youd blcokking mey mousthh." Solar said having a hard time to speak.

 

"Oppss!" I giggled then Solar glared at me and started talking again.

 

"Well, that girl.." She looks down and seems hesitant to tell me.

 

"Yah! Tell me! Why are you not finishing your sentence." I nudged her arm.

 

"..She's my classmate last year and she's my friend.." Solar muttered. I'm slowly nodding my head letting her see that I'm listening to her. She stopped talking. But I thought that her sentence wasn't finished yet.

 

So I looked at her bewildered. So if it's her friend then what about it?

 

Solar gazed at me with big eyes.

 

"WHAT?" I exclaimed. She tries to point out something but I continued talking "What about your friend?" I asked her so curious. Solar isn't saying anything. She's pointing at something but I'm ignoring it. "Yah, Solar! Are we playing charades now? Tell me, what about her???" I almost squealed because of my curiosity is pushing me to know what is Solar is trying to say about her friend.

 

"Tell you what, Ms. Kang? And why is your voice too loud?" Someone said. Oh-ohh..

 

I looked back and saw Ms. Jung, our professor for our next class. So this is why Solar didn't finish what she'll say to me, because our professor is almost near my back.

 

"Uhm-" I was thinking what should I say until she talked again.

 

"Ms. Kim, why are you two still outside chatting? Lunch already ended." Ms. Jung muttered. I felt nervous because this teacher is strict and cold to her students.

 

"Nothing, Ms. Jung." Then Solar signaled me to bow to sangsaengnim and go back inside the room.

 

"Okay, go back inside." Ms. Jung ordered and we quickly sat down to our seats.

 

While Ms. Jung is checking our quiz papers, I threw a crampled paper at Solar's table.

 

She glanced at me and asking me what is the paper for.

 

I told her to read it.

 

It says..

 

-- What about your friend? --

 

Solar warned me that she'll tell it later. But, I was dying to know what is about that girl. Does that girl hates me? Is that girl jealous because her friend Solar is close to me? Do we know each other? Hmmmm?

 

I motioned to her that she could just write it down on the paper. She face palmed. I giggled a bit.

 

She threw the crampled paper back at me. I caught it and I'm so excited to read what she wrote down.

 

But, before I opened it Ms. Jung is in front of my seat.

 

"Here's your quiz paper, Ms. Kang. Keep it up." I grabbed my quiz and bowed down a bit to her. She gazed at my left hand holding the crampled paper.

 

"What's that in your hand?" She asked before going to the student behind me.

 

"Uhm.. nothing Ms. Jung, I was gonna- uhm, throw it to the trash can. Yes throw it." I said nervously thinking that she might get it and read it.

 

She pointed at the trash can so I stood up, and threw the paper there. I smiled to Ms. Jung and sat down. I glanced at Solar and she's laughing at me. I rolled my eyes.

 

I haven't even read what she said there. Yah! I'll just wait for this class to finish.

 

After our Biology class, I dragged Solar out of the room and cornered her on the wall.

 

"So, what is it? What about your friend?" I immediately asked. Solar looking sweaty since I rushed her.

 

"Alright, alright Kang. Chill! I'll tell you." Solar smirked. "Don't be shocked okay?"

 

Why would I be shocked? What's the big deal about this girl? I creased my forehead.

 

"My friend has a crush on you." Solar blurted out.

 

My heart suddenly jumped inside me. "HUH? WHAT?" I was indeed shocked.

 

"Are you even serious Solar? You're fooling me again, are you?" I was about to laugh with what Solar said, but then she cut it by saying..

 

"I'm serious! I'm not joking this time, Seulgi." She looked straight to me in the eyes. Okay, she's serious. She moved her head to see the hallway. "And look, she's there! She's walking towards here." Solar pointed out.

 

I suddenly became uneasy. What the, I still haven't comprehend that this girl has a crush on me? Is this really true? A girl? Likes me?

 

"I'll wave at her so I can let you guys meet." Before Solar raises her hand for her to be notice by her friend, I took her hand and said a big "NO".

 

She was like 'WHAT'.

 

Then I dragged her again and we ran down the stairs to hide.

 

"Are you freakin serious Kim Yongsun???!!!" I smacked her. She laughed.

 

"Stop calling me, Yongsun!" She pinched my hand. "Seulgi, why would you suddenly run like that? While dragging me??? We could have fall off the stairs!!!" She whined.

 

"Aigoo. Mianhe okay? You know that I still haven't know your friend and I'm surprised on what you just said!" I grumbled.

 

"That's why I'll introduce you to her, and her to you!" Solar scoffed.

 

"Aisshh!! I.. I can't." I stammered while caressing my nape.

 

"Wae?! You're shy??!!" She smugged then crossed her arms.

 

"She's a girl!" I exclaimed.

 

"Why? Is there something wrong?" She raised her brow. "You know that I also like a girl, Seulgi."

 

"Yes, I know that. There's nothing wrong. But.. I can't believe a girl would like me." I suddenly turned my back to Solar.

 

"Yah Seulgi! Why are you not facing me?! You're blushing aren't you?!!" Solar pulling me for her to see my face. I hid it using my palm.

 

"I knew it, you're blushing! Stop hiding it Kang, I know you so well!" Solar uttered and we both laughed.

 

---------

 

Solar is one of my closest friend in our class. We're both in Sophomore year in High School. We became friends when we are seatmates during the first few months of the school year. We always have lunch together and chat about different things in life. We laughed about funny things, joke around with our circle of friends and also tell secrets about ourselves.

 

We sometimes talk about things related to love. The time she told me she's having a crush on a girl, I told her that I understand her, cause I, myself, have also felt that towards a girl too before. But since the girl never used to notice me, I stopped liking her.

 

I always knew myself.. that I'm like this. Girls often caught my eyes.. I used to have some crush on some guys, but it doesn't stay for long. I don't know why I feel like this, but I guess, this is really the way I am.

 

The time I knew that Solar's friend has a crush on me.. I started to be interested on this girl. So, everytime I'm in school.. I used to find her and observe her.

 

One time, I was standing outside my room. It's lunch time. I peeked at this girl's room.. and there she is, chuckling with her friends. A smile suddenly was formed in my face. What the... why am I smiling?

 

I stared at her for a couple of minutes. She's pretty, I thought. She's a bit chubby, but she's cute. She smiles so bright and I think the way she laughs is adorable too.

 

All of a sudden, a voice came inside my ear.

 

I was startled that I almost jumped.

 

"Why are you smiling alone there? And where are you looking at?" Solar appeared and murmured to me.

 

"Yah! You scared me!" I yelled. Solar is laughing at me.

 

"Answer me! Why are you smiling?" She asked again. "Are you looking at her?" She points to her friend and then she grinned.

 

"Stop pointing at her! She might see you!" I hid her hand.

 

"Just answer me! You're looking at her right?" She grabs my shoulders and shakes me.

 

"Fine! I am!" I admitted.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter