Cheating

When You Catch Him Cheating

          Leo...Leo..Just the sound of his name made you happy. You two hadn't been together for very long but god, were you head over heels in love with him. Even though he didn't show it much, you liked to think that he felt the same way.

          You and Leo were supposed to be heading to lunch but he hadn't been answering his phone and you were worried. Leo wasn't exactly a busy guy which means whenever you called he usually answered, Not that you called too often. Anyway you were on your way to his apartment just to make sure that he was okay. You knocked a couple times but there was no answer, only dead silence. You knew he kept a spare key under the mat so grabbed it unlocked the door. "Leo?", you called out for him but got nothing. As you walked deeper into the apartment you noticed a light shinning from his bedroom so naturally you assumed that's were he'd be.

          "Leo a-are you..", You didn't get to finish your sentence because of the disturbing scene in front of you. Leo, on the bed, on top of some girl that you've never even seen before...Half . You know in situations like these the girl usually runs away crying but you were so different. You wanted him to know you saw him, wanted him to see what he did to how he hurt you. "Wow Leo you know it's so funny. You barely touch me, hold me, your girlfriend. And yet here you are on top of some random girl kissing her, holding her", you say with a sad laugh at the beginning, Tears already flowing from your eyes. As soon as Leo heard your voice he jumped off the girl and tried his best to cover his exposed skin. "Jaemi, what are you doing here?", Leo says hopping off the bed. "I catch you in bed with another women and that's the first thing that comes out of your mouth! come on Leo baby you're gonna have to do better than that." You were starting to get beyond angry. "Jaemi this isn't what you're thinking," He walks closer to you but you take a few steps back. "Well then damn it what is it because I'm trying really hard to understand. Everyone always warned me about you. Telling me that you were cold and would only hurt me but I never listened to any of them. I trusted you because I thought I knew you but I was so wrong. Your exactly what everyone said you were and I was so stupid for thinking that I was special and that I ment something to you", You wiped your tears aggressively before turning around and storming out of his apartment.
          "Jaemi wait, just listen to me, please!", Leo cried as he ran after you but it was too late. You were already gone and out the door. All you could think about was getting away, forgetting what you just saw. But deep down inside you knew there was no way. Deep down inside you knew that the perfect relationship you dreamed about would never be reality.
          Home, all Jaemi wanted to do was go home and as soon as she got home she let go. She cried and cried until there were no more tears left to fall. She played tough around Leo but deep down inside she was hurting, She just couldn't understand. Why would he do this to her. The Leo she knew was quiet, shy, and oh so sweet, so why would he do something like this. She layed down on her couch and continued thinking of what could have made him do something so stupid. Eventually you fell asleep on that couch where you temporarily got to forget about your problems.
          The next morning you were awaken from your beautiful slumber by a loud noise at your front door. "Jaemi, Please let me in." As soon as you heard Leo's voice outside your front door you remembered all your pain from the day before. "Leo I honestly can't do this right now, please just leave!", You yelled from the other side. "At least tell me to my face. Open the door and tell me that it's over and that you want me to leave, look me in my eyes and tell me." After contemplating for while you finally decided to unlock and crack the door. "It's over Leo just leave me alo-" Mid-sentence Leo pushed his way into your apartment. "You have no choice but to listen to me, im not losing you without explaining myself", Leo look a few towards you as you took equal steps back. You decided that there was nothing worse that he could do so you might as well just sit and listen to his explanation. "5 minutes and 5 minutes only". You and him sat on opposite ends of the couch in awkward silence, not knowing where to start. "Listen Jaemi it wasn't what you were thinking. Yes i was with her but for a different reason than your thinking. I was doing it for you. I know it bothers you that our relationship isn't like other couples, I want that too. I want to hold and love you like they do but i don't know how. I was using that girl as practice, I knew it was wrong but i didn't care i just wanted to make you happy. I wanted to know what i was doing so i wouldn't mess things up with you. Please you have to believe me Jaemi my intentions were never to hurt you. I-I-I love you, I really do.
          All you could do was look and listen you didn't know what to believe. You wanted it to be true you really did but you were already hurting the only thing that came to mind was, "Y-You've never said that to me before, that you love me." She could feel all the tears building up in her eyes once again. Finally Jaemi let Leo approach her, he cupped her face, looking her in the eyes while whipping her tears. "Yes I love you and I'll say it a thousand times more if you want me to. My intentions were never to make you cry. I-I just wanted to make you happy." Jaemi took a deep breath before asking, "How do I know you're telling the truth Leo, I saw you with her and i could never unsee that." Leo grabbed her hands so that way Jaemi would keep her focus,"Listen to me, you have nothing to worry about. I only want you. Please I can't lose you... i need you."
          Leo was now crying and hoping that he hadn't blew his chance. After sitting in silence for a while Jaemi had finally made a decision. "Okay..Okay i forgive you." As soon as he heard those words Leo's face completely changed. He tackled her in a hug and swore he would never let go no matter what.
          That whole day Leo spent trying to show her that he loved her and that he so sorry. Even though she has forgiven him he still felt like he had something to prove. And at the end of the day when everything was said and done he still loved her and she loved him.