I won't be ignore forever

You Stole My Heart From The Beginning

Katie's POV

    I know that he is the Chairman's son and Peter's youngest brother. Oh hello you may be wondering who I am right? My name is Katie. I am an intern student at this hospital. And who is he, the guy I'm talking about? Oh he is Adam. Adam Lilstorm. He is the youngest of the three sons of the chairman of this hospital and he happens to be a heart surgeon. I could careless about him though because I don't even know him. I don't work under him.

   At first I did't like him because he was an when I first met him. The only thing I like about him is the way he work. Its really admirable and plus he really cares for his patient. I only interned here for four months so far in the same department as his older brother Peter who is a Physical Therapist Doctor for people with disabilities problem. Peter is great too but he doesn't connect with his patient as much as Adam does. Oh Adam's second brother has his own business so he won't make a lot of appearnances. Not only does Adam has a deep connection with his patiets, he is really kind to children. I think he loves them. There was a rumor that he married a couple of years back then and had a child but his wife and child had were a lie or something. Another rumor is that he hates people who ignores his exsistence and see it to that they notice him. How do I know this? Well Peter couldn't keep his mouth shut.

   Like I said earlier, Peter is a Physcial Therapist and I work under him as a medical assistant. I know MA doesn't make a lot of money but I don't care. I only became an MA to have experience of what's it like to work in the medical field. So far so good.

  When I first arrived here four months ago, Adam was actaully the first person I met. I was in the parking lot trying to find a spot to park when I spotted one and ready to park, a red car parked right there. I was about to honk when he walked out. He was handsome so I couldn't help myself but then I realize he stole my parking spot so I was going to yell at him when he said "Sorry. My patient is wating for me." and ran toward the hospital without even looking at me. I was surprised but the anger in me vanished without me realizng it. 'If it weren't for his patient, I would have chased after him,' I thought to myself.

  As I walked in the hospital, the next thing I saw threw my mind away. I saw him again and this time what he did was speechless. He punch an older man who look like he's in his late thirties. I ran toward him and pushed him away and tried to help the man. I wish I hadn't because the next thing made me mad. I can't believe they actually let me intern here after this. The old man said "Let him die!! That little rascal called the police on his own father. I don't care if he dies. Give him to me!!!" 'What? Did I misheard the old man?' I thought to myself. Then I look at the old man face and notice besides the blood on his mouth, the smell of alcohol. Oh my gosh, he's a drug addict! Then I look at the handsome man I met earlier, he looked angry. "You didn't have to hit Tommy! He was only a seven year old boy who tried to stop his father from hitting him. I won't return my patient to a cruel father father like you," he answered the old man. Okay now I understand the situation. I look back at the old man and step away and pretended that this never happened. I know what is right and what is wrong. I am not protecting this old man. He could get hit for all I care. He didn't care for his own son. So I don't care if he gets punch again, I didn't come here for this. I came here for an internship. Without looking at them, I walked away and said "He's your." I don't know what happen after that. And I just don't care.

When I approached the lady at the reception desk, I inform her that I have an appointment with Dr. Lilstorm. Then she ask me "Which one?". "O right there are two Dr. Lilstorm in this hospital," I respond. "My appointment is with Peter Lilstorm." After I told her, she told me to wait because she will let Dr. Lilstorm that his eleven o'clok appoinment is here. Minutes later she gave me the direction to Dr Lilstorm's room. I found his room and went inside. The interview was quick and he gave me a brief tour of his side of the hospital. We then went to one of his patient's room and then his patient suddenly yelled "Oh Dr. Lilstorm you came. I missed you. Oh who's this? Your girlfirend?" "No, Mrs. Nates. This is Katie. She's a new MA intern for this department as of today. And no she is not my girlfriend. Nelly will kill me if she finds out. But I can't say for sure about Adam," he told Mrs. Nates. "Oh of course. Your wife will kill you if you're caught cheating. But Adam? Now I see the chemistry between him and this gal," she fired back at him. "Um, I'm sorry but who's Adam?" I ask. "He's my youngest brother, Dr. Adam Lilstorm. I heard you met him this morning from the parking lot security," anwered Peter. "Parking lot??," I wonder, "You don't mean that whole who stole my parking lot?!" "Yes that asswhole," he answered. "I'm sorry sir for my inappropriate action just now and I..." I stated but got interrupted.  "It's okay. I would get mad too but please understand that he only stole your parking spot was because he wanted to save his patient." "Yes sir," I answered. "Now then, lets get to work," Peter included. From that day on, I haven't seen Adam again.

I only heard news though. A lot of news actually. Peter always talked about Adam even if we're working or on break. He always talked about Adam;s personal life and how his connections with his patients gives them hope. And made me came to realize that Adam really cares for his patient and then I knew why he hit that old man four months ago too. He hit him because his patient Tommy was being abuse by his own father. I heard Tommy made a successful recovery from that day and was adopted by real loving parents that Adam choose himself. "Wow Adam you really are a kind person," I thought. I feel so embarrassed of my actions those months ago against him.

"Hey Katie, can I speak with you for a sec?" ask Peter. "Sure what is it? " I ask. "Hey look I know you want to intern here but do you think later at two you can go to the emergency department and work there for the rest of the day?" Peter asked. "I'm not sure I can. I haven't been certified yet so I think I can't. I'm sorry Peter," I told him. "Look I know your not certified yet but could you go? At least just for today." He retortd desperately. 'He sounds desperate or is it just me?' I thought to myself. "Fine. I just hope I don't get in trouble." I gave him my final answer. "Great!" he sounded happy. 'Ok this is weird. Did he not like the way I work here?' I wonder. I guess he saw my expression and say "Don't worry. You'll be fine and won't get in trouble. Trust me. Thanks Katie." He answered. "Wait before I go, why am I the only person you ask? Don't you have actual certified MA?" I ask now that I realize why he ask me when he has other certified MA. And what about the MA in the Emergency room? Okay this is weird. "Yes but the doctor there ask for you personally and just now you gave me your final answer already so you have to go now." he answered me while I was in thoughts. " Ask for me? Who?" I ask now that I learned the reason why. He answered with one word, "Adam."

As I arrived to the emergency department, I was greeted by several nurses and other health professionals. "Hello," I greeted them and they too. I went up to the reception desk and introduce myself "Hello I am Katie, the MA intern from the physical therapy department. Dr. Lilstorm requested for my assistance today. So what are my jobs today?" The reception lady smiled and giggle and I think I saw her winked her left eye. I don't know to who and I didn't look back either. "Oh so your Katie? Hello there love. Your beautiful just like...." "I'm sorry what?" obviously something weird is going on here. Okay whats the big deal here? This is the emergency room and shouldn't it be serious? Oh wait maybe its not suppose to look serious because it is the emergency room. "Sorry I heard from Dr. Lilstorm that a MA intern will be here today and I just got bit excited thats all," she finally answered. "Oh thats okay" I answered her. "All your going to do today is assist Dr. Lilstorm in his office today. His office is down the hall on the left." she told me as she pointed me in the direction. I went down the hall and knocked on the door. "Hello Dr. Lilstorm, you requested for my assistance today? I am Katie." I said. 'Hey wait a minute, this is Dr. Lilstorm's room? Omg this is Adam's room?! He requested for my assistance?'

  The door to his office finally open and I saw him again after all these months. "Hel... whoa!" I was suddenly pulled in the room as he closed the door. He put his arms around my shoulder and walked us towards the inner of his desk. 'Okay this is weird" I thought and was about to pull away when "Adam who is that?!" I heard a female voice scream. I looked for the source of that voice and it belong to the lady in front of us in some stap less short dress high heels included. I notice the baby carseat behind her and I became speechless. Why is that when I am with Adam I am always speechless? I wonder.

   "This is Katie," Adam said looking at the girl in front of us and then her finished before she say abything "my soon to be bride." What?!" both me and the lady said. I looked at him and he looked back at me and smiled. I don't understand. "Okay Adam you have som... mmmpph!" he stopped me in the middle of my sentence with a kiss. My eyes were widely open. He pulled away and said "I'm sorry bae I was going to propose to you but Dora my ex-wife came and tried to make me be the father of her child. Dora I told you I know that Ben is not my child. So stop intering with my life and get lost." He told us. I don't know if I heard him. I mean I was just kissed against my will and so suddenly I was lost in thoughts again but thanks to Dora I was brought back. "ADAM!!!!" she screamed his name. "Now that you know its true, leave us alone!!" He shouted at her. She took her baby and stormed out of the office.
 

End of Katie's POV

No one 's POV

As soon as Dora left the room with her baby, Adam turned Katie to look at him. He notice Katie red face from blushing so much for the sudden kiss earlier. "Katie, I'm sor,..." he started but Katie slapped him hard leaving a red print on his left cheek. Katie was mad and he could tell. "What the hell Adam?" she asked angrily. "I'm sorry Katie I really wanted Dora out of my life so I suddenly kissed you without your permission." Still blushing, Katie bit her bottom lip and tried to pretend that that never happened and she did not lose her first kiss  to some handsome stranger, Not what she had in mind when she came here. Trying to ignore what just happened moments ago, Katie ask Adam what he needed her to do for him today.

End of No one's POV

Adam's POV

She... she really just pretend that the kiss did not happened, she really ignore me just now. Again. I will not have her ignore me again.

End of Adam's POV

Katie's POV

 

I was about to ask him again because I guess he didn't here me the first time, "Adam what did you want me to do today?" "Adam?," He questioned. Oh crap! I didn't include his title. "I mean Dr. Ad..." I corrected but he interrupted. "Adam is fine. Its the only way to distinguish me from my brother Peter." "Right, " I nodded. "Oh and Katie one more thing before we start, you're not going to ask what just happened?" he asked. I am already mad about that already Adam don't make me answer that. "No. I think you made it pretty clear that you only did that to make Ms. Dora to leave you alone right? So its fine." i responded to him and tried to walk away to give us space but he followed me. "Really Katie?" he asked curiously. "Yes Ada... no I er I mean Dr. ...." I stuttered. He place his hands between my shoulders on both side and leaning towards me. "I told you Adam is fine." he said as he moved his face closer towards me when I suddenly moved under his left arm towards the exit. "I forgot to sign in," i made up an excuse to avoid this awkardness and tried to leave but he pulled me back towards his chest.

Okay Katie you know whats right and what wrong and this is definately wrong. I tried to pull away but he held on to me tigther. "Dr. Lilsto..." I wanted to say but her interceped with my name and something I wish I didn't hear. "Katie I love you!" he announced sincerely. My eyes were open wide due to the shock just now. "What? What?!" I nodded my head side ways blinking my eyes. "You heard me. " he said seductively close to my ears. "No... how... Why would you...?" "I'm sure Peter told you that I hate it when people ignore me and no one dare ignore me but you did. It caught me off guard. You made me love you ever since I met you four months ago. You're all I ever think about. I wanted to tell you but I didn't want you ..." he tells. "Okay! Stop right there Doctor! This is not time for joking around and taking time off you patient today." I told. Obviously I just ignored him. And I think he notice that because his next words sounded angry. "I won't be ignore again!"