Final

Never Too Busy To Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Busy.

Yes, it’s a problematic word.

What’s the definition of busy? Hm… It means actively and attentively engaged in work or a pastime.

And me, I am indeed busy with work. My life revolves around my work.

Morning work, afternoon work, evening work, throughout the whole night I work.

Who am I? Well I am Doctor Park Hae Jin. I’ve been working in this medical line for the past four years.

My favourite place on Earth is Seoul General Hospital. Well, I don’t mean it as exactly ‘my’ favourite place, but it’s just that I spend a lot of time there, ever since I was a trainee doctor.

Okay, let me talk more about myself.

My full name is Park Hae Jin, and yes I know I mentioned it earlier. And I just turned twenty-six, about a month ago on 26th January 2016.

I am an Otolaryngologists. I specialize in treating my patients who have problems with their ears, nose and throat.

And yes, I have a boyfriend. Funny huh? I know it’s weird to think that someone as busy as me to have a boyfriend. But seriously I do have one. We’ve been together for almost two years now. And just like me, he is always busy with his work. Not that I really mind it. In fact, both of us are actually very thankful that we are busy people. Because at the end of the day, when we finally found time to spend with each other, we really make full use of it. And I am proud to say, I am happy with the progress of our relationship.

We have mutual trust and we understand each other very well.

But the most important thing is, we love each other for who we are, deeply, truly, sincerely.

Even when we only meet each other only like four times a month, we are happy.

Thank God for the invention of smart phones and internet. At least we are still able to keep in touch with each other on a daily basis.

Hey, let me tell you the story of how I meet this busy man who is also the love of my heart…

It was two years ago when we were destined to meet…

 

***

 

Year - 2014

“I heard Professor Kim wants to see you later.” My fellow colleague, Lee Rohui, who was also a doctor here at Seoul General Hospital, suddenly said as we were walking side by side to the cafeteria.

“Eh? How come you know of this when I myself haven’t heard of anything at all.” I told her, raising my eyebrows in surprised.

“Well, that’s what I heard.” Rohui shrugged.

“Aigoo! You’re such an ahjumma.”

“Yah! I’m just telling you what I heard when I was walking pass Professor Kim and Doctor Kang.” Rohui protested.

I nodded my head. “So what else did you hear?”

“Well, they were talking about a throat surgery… Vocal cord something.” Rohui shrugged yet again.

“Ah, if it’s related to that then maybe what you said about him wanting to meet me is true.” I grinned as I carried my lunch to an empty table in the cafeteria.

“Yah! You think I was lying didn’t you?” Rohui shot me a glare before sitting down on the opposite side of the table.

“Ani. Why would I think that?” I pouted before grinning mischievously towards her.

“Aish! Nappeun saram!” Rohui muttered angrily and I couldn’t help but to giggle uncontrollably. I knew Rohui well, her anger was just temporary…

 

***

 

“Remember, he is your patient now. And he is currently residing in the hospital’s private suite. Be sure to check on him immediately.” Professor Park reminded me as I was about to leave his office. I nodded my head solemnly and left the office with a pout.

Professor Kim had just informed me that I have to take charge of a patient with a confidential status. He had explained to me that this patient had just underwent a vocal cord surgery and told me to do a follow-up check up on him. Professor Kim had gone through his files with me and all I had to do was stabilize his condition and make sure that he does not strain his throat too much. And on top of that I must continuously monitor his recuperating progress.

And when I asked Professor Kim why I was chosen to be this patient’s ‘babysitter’, he said that he trusted me well enough to leave me with this patient due to his confidential status and image.

I shook my head roughly before opening the file in my hands once again. I flipped to the front where the patient’s particulars was.

Name: Lee Jin Ki

Date of Birth: 14th December 1989

Country of Birth: Gwangmyeong, Gyeonggi-do, South Korea

Company name: SM Entertainment

Occupation: Artist – SM Entertainment

“Ah? Bwoh-ya!” I groaned before slamming the file shut. This patient was just another celebrity! And how I hate attending to celebrities…

 

***

 

I tucked my stethoscope neatly into the pocket of my doctor’s coat as I stepped out of the elevator. Looking to my right, I smiled towards a couple of nurses behind the nurses’ station before heading my way towards the private suites.

The corridor towards the private suites was bright yet very quiet as this part of the hospital was specially catered for only the VIPs including celebrities from the Entertainment industry, and they prefer the silent environment.

I finally found the suite that I was looking for – Suite 108, belonging to one Mr Lee Jin Ki. Along my way here I managed to look up some information about him and just like I had guessed, he was a singer in a band called SHINee. He was quite good-looking and looked kind in my opinion. But it was still not good to just judge the book by its cover…

I knocked on the door lightly before sliding it open. Entering the suite, I realized that it was empty of people but yet it was full of flowers, balloons and even hampers of gifts. This guy must be really popular to be receiving a lot of presents…

I walked in closer till I reach the bed and saw an opened notebook, a laptop, a hand phone and a pair of headphone lying carelessly on it. I could not help but grin when I saw a drawing of a very large rabbit on the notebook. Taking the notebook in my hands, I continued to admire the funnily drawn rabbit on it. Cute!

I placed the notebook back onto the bed before turning around to leave the suite since I did not see my patient there but was stopped shocked when I saw a presence of a man in white shirt and hospital pants leaning against the wall of the suite right behind me. He had his eyebrows raised and his arms were folded across his chest. His shook his head to the side causing his blonde hair to settle nicely to the left, without blocking his view towards me.

“Omo!” I gasped, clearly surprised. However I could straight away recognize him. He was the Lee Jin Ki person! “A-Annyonghaesaeyo Jin Ki-ssi” I greeted him with a bow, feeling slightly awkward all of a sudden.

I watched as he gave a bow towards me as well before standing up with a deep frown. I was taken aback by his expression and shrugged lightly.

I watched as he walked pass me and grabbed onto the notebook which was on the bed and harshly wrote something on it. He then passed the notebook roughly towards me. I took the notebook and read the small message he had written there. My eyes grew wide at his question.

Are you here to stalk me? You’re a sasaeng fan, aren’t you???

I looked up at him and gave him a blank stare. How dare he thinks I am one of his fans?

I cleared my throat and decided to introduce myself. “I am Doctor Park Hae Jin and I will be your doctor starting from today.”

I watched as Jin Ki’s facial expression change to that of a confusion. He snatched the notebook from my hand and wrote something again before passing it back to me.

How come you suddenly become my doctor? Where is Doctor Kim?

I smiled innocently and shrugged. “Oh Professor Kim assigned me to attend to you now. So I hope you could cooperate well with me.”

I watched as Jin Ki sighed in defeat before plopping himself down onto the bed. I walked slightly closer to him and handed the notebook back to him. He took it from me without writing anything else on it.

“Um, why? You are not happy that I am your doctor?” I asked him and he just shook his head.

This time I saw him picking up his phone and started to play with it. I watched him in silence before deciding to go out. He seemed not to like my presence at all.

Just as I was about to turn and leave for good, suddenly I felt a hand grabbing onto my wrist, causing me to turn back around. I was shocked for a second but immediately composed myself when Jin Ki suddenly passed to me his phone. I took a closer look at the screen and saw that he had typed a message there instead.

I am bored.
Nobody has visited me since morning.
And I can’t even talk to anyone.
When can I go home?
I am going crazy with boredom!

I giggled slightly when I read the last line but when I saw the irritated look Jin Ki had plastered on his face, I immediately wiped the smile off.

“Hm, I understand your feelings Jin Ki-ssi. But you see, your company wants you to rest here until you are better.” I told him. “And don’t you worry, I will always be visiting you here and I can talk to you if you need some company.”

Upon hearing what I had just said, Jin Ki suddenly smiled brightly. Then he stood up from his bed and grabbed onto my arm before pulling me towards the door.

“J-Jin Ki-ssi! What do you think you’re doing?” I exclaimed as I felt myself running closely behind him. I saw that we had already ran pass the nurses’ station and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter