Torn Apart

White Confession

---6---

Miyoung’s eyes widened at the suddenness of the kiss.  At first, she was too shocked to respond, but slowly, her eyes fluttered closed and her tense shoulders relaxed.

Sunggyu smiled into the kiss and wrapped an arm around her waist.  Nothing had ever made him feel this way before, not even winning #1 for the first time with Infinite.  This was a special kind of bliss that was impossible to describe in words.

When both were in need of air, Sunggyu unwillingly pulled away from Miyoung but still held her close to his body.  Miyoung nervously said, “Sunggyu-ssi–”

The older male leaned down to the side of her face and brushed her hair to the side.  He whispered into her ear, “Miyoung-ah, call me oppa.”

Miyoung shivered, feeling his warm breath against her neck.  She mumbled softly, “Arasso…oppa.”

Sunggyu smirked at his new title.  He was about to pull her in for another kiss when loud angry footsteps stormed down the hallway.  “Aish, does it really take this long to clean off makeup?” a voice outside muttered irritably.

The door slammed open, revealing the annoyed manager.  “Yah!  Kim Sunggyu!  What’s going on?”

The pair immediately jumped apart at the manager’s sudden arrival.  Miyoung looked at the floor, unable to find words to explain herself.  Sunggyu spoke up, “Hyung–”

“The others have waited long enough.  Let’s go,” the older man growled, grabbing the idol by the arm and dragging him out of the room.

Miyoung sent him a concerned look, to which Sunggyu responded with a reassuring half-smile before he was pulled away from her sight.

Sunggyu ran a hand through his hair as the manager stopped in front of the van.  Before he could open the door, his hyung uttered harshly, “Kim Sunggyu, I don’t know what kind of relationship you have with this girl, but whatever it is, it had better stop now.”

Sunggyu stared at him in disbelief.  “What?  Hyung, you want me to end things before they even start?” he cried out.

However, the older man was not backing down.  “Sunggyu, Infinite is finally getting some recognition and popularity.  You start a scandal, and all of your hard work goes down the drain.”

Sunggyu shook his head, his jaw set.  “Hyung, everything will be okay.  Please just let me be,” he pleaded.

“Do you remember that promise you made the day Hoya was injured?  You swore never to do anything that could hurt the members.  You’re being selfish, Sunggyu.  This…this could ruin the entire group’s image.  Do you really want that?”

“Aniyo, of course not!  But–”

“Who do you care about more?  Your dongsaengs or some girl?”

Sunggyu stayed silent as the manager continued, “End your relationship before everything gets messed up.  Understand?  Sunggyu, do you hear me?”

The leader was torn.  I can’t let Miyoung go.  I just can’t.  But hyung’s right.  A relationship would hurt everyone.  I vowed to stop thinking about just myself, and…I need to keep that promise.  Finally, Sunggyu mumbled, defeated, “Arasso, hyung.”