Chapter 2 : Already

Soldier
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter Two

 

 

NAEUN

"Naeun, Did you sleep well last night? You look tired.." I heard the unnie who's working on my hair said while frowning at me. I quickly smiled and tried to look happy. Keyword is "tried". I did sleep for 6 hours. That was longer compared to the days we barely get sleep. But I know that she was right, I really look tired. 

"I'm fine Unnie, I just had a rough week" She might noticed that I'm really just tired so she let it go and continue fixing my hair. Chorong-Unnie and I have a photoshoot for jeans. It wasn't the first time that I'm doing a photoshoot so I'm really not nervous. 

 

The set is really lively too. I can see Chorong-Unnie talking to someone on the phone. And contrary to me, She looks so happy and lively. The room I was in is really noisy. Maybe it was my lack of sleep that I'm feeling quite dizzy. They were watching the reply of the Music Program from last night.

 

"Omo, isn't that your former husband Naeun-ah?" I looked where she was looking at. And yes, It was definitely my former Virtual Husband, Lee Taemin. 

 

I watch his performance for a bit last night but looking at him right now. He really has been more handsome. He looks dashing in that white suit. I smiled bitterly at the thought. He really likes white while I really like black. We were different.... I should have realized that sooner.

 

Well how have you been

 

I'm doing okay. Our group is doing well. My family is okay too. Everything is doing well for me. But what about you? There are days when I miss you tho...

 

After you left me the day after you left me Oh

 

 

It wasn't me who left you., It was you who left us. I still remember that day. I begged you to stay. I did everything thought I wouldn't do to keep you from leaving but you still did. 

 

Everything I got from you, all of it
Was false, it all became false

 

Yes, you're right. After you left, I thrown every letter and gift you gave me. I keep thinking, "Was it real from the start or Was it just part of your plan? Was I just a really play time for you? Did you really love me?" 

 

You came to me like a dream
You were like a warm breath to me

 

Our first meeting isn't the dreamy one. It wasn't the one that I really dreamed of. You were supposed to be another co-actor to me. I shouldn't have given you the key to my heart.

You didn’t have a reason, you were always like that back then

Whenever we fight, you will just look at me say you're sorry and hug me. I was never the one who were good with words. And now I'm thinking, If I had expressed myself more, Would you stay? Would you have fight for me? with me?

 

How have you been, it’s like how I was before
I’m fine… I’m already… already…
You’re doing well without me… you,
Are back to how it was before you knew me already already

 

You are doing well, I can see that. I even saw that article from last year where you and kai were seen dancing with girls at the bar. You looked like you were having fun in those photos. You looked like you're enjoying yourself more. You're doing well without me. You are back to how it was before you knew me. 

And I'd be lying if I will say that It doesn't affect me. It still does. 

 

"Naeun-ah, Are you okay" I heard Chorong-unnie whisper to my ear. She knew how I suffered when you left. I was barely eating, I was barely sleeping. All I did was to listen to the bear you gave me. I was dead for months. Doing what was I supposed to do then go back to being the "emotionless doll" that I am.

I smiled at unnie to keep her from worrying. "Of course Unnie, Why would I not be? After all, He's doing well on his own. So I have too, right?" She smiled to me and hold my hands. 

"Naeun-ah, That's right. I know how strong you are." I smiled again and grip her hands too. 

 

Starting today there are things I have to be prepared for
If I see you anywhere and whenever I do,
I have to be ready to meet you

Unnie's right. I have to be strong. So that when I meet you once again, I can show that I'm okay too. That I'm doing well too.  I have to be ready when I meet you.

 

If someone remembers about our relationship
And asks me how we’re doing
I need to say that you’re just a friend to me Oh oh oh

I don't know if I can do that but I will try. A friend? Maybe we can. After all we were friends before everything happened. I guess we can be friends...... in the future. But I dont I can do it right now. Mianhe.

 

You came to me like a dream
You were like a warm breath to me
You didn’t have a reason, you were always like that back then

How have you been, it’s like how I was before
I’m fine… I’m already… already…
You’re doing well without me… you,
Are back to how it was before you knew me already already

 

Your voice has improved so much. I like your voice the best when we're alone. I remember how you sang to me whenever I have a bad day. You were like my happy pill.

The day I became alone
Words I spat out behind your back

 

 

The members were angry at you after we broke up. I remember how Eunji-unnie is asking Key-oppa to punch you for making me cry. I didn't stop them because I was angry at you too. Why Oppa? What did I do to you to deserve all of that? 

 

Don’t forget about us
So we can reminisce at any time
That’

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter