final

Comfort

so somehow this deleted itself or something. i have no idea what happened but here it is again. sorry.

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

It was seven in the evening when Bangtan returned to their dorm.

Jimin, Hoseok, Jungkook, and Taehyung crashed haphazardly on the sofa. Taehyung’s legs tangled with Hoseok's,  Jimin laying on his stomach, head in Taehyung’s lap, and Jungkook sitting on the floor in the middle. Yoongi rolled his eyes at the them before joining Jungkook on the floor head resting in the maknae’s lap and feet tangling with Hoseok's. Jin just smiled and shook his head and had Namjoon follow him to the kitchen to keep him company while he made snacks.

Taehyung ran his fingers through Jimin's hair as Jungkook flipped through the channels trying to find the drama they were watching. The orange haired boy was nearly purring. It made Taehyung smile.

Hoseok watched the two 95ers with a caring smile. Nights like these were rare and he cherished them the most. Taehyung felt Hoseok’s stare and sent him a knowing smile before leaning his head against the elder's shoulder. Hoseok wrapped his arm around Taehyung’s shoulders, squeezing gently. The younger hummed and snuggled in trying not to disturb Jimin.

Jimin had his arm hanging over Jungkook's shoulder and was absent-mindedly rubbing gentle circles on his arm. He had missed this. The calm that being together like this brought, easing away the tension of seemingly endless schedules. Jungkook smiled, leaning his head against his hyung’s arm.

Yoongi and Hoseok were absently rubbing each other's calves with their toes. Jungkook’s arm casually lain across the elder's chest. He folded his hands together on top of it, enjoying the softness of the maknae’s skin. The mint haired boy closed his eyes and let himself be enveloped in the closeness of his bandmates.

 

These few rare moments of tenderness and unconditional love were treasured by all five boys. They never talked about it, never asked for it. Never questioned it. It's like they were subconsciously linked and when schedules got hard and long or tensions got to high they gravitated towards each other needing those few moments of unbiased comfort.

 

Both Jin and Namjoon knew not to disturb them. They knew how badly they needed each other during those times. Sometimes the two would join them. When everything became too much and they all needed the warmth and comfort of one another. Mostly though, Jin and Namjoon would watch them from the kitchen, Jin wrapped loosely in Namjoon arms, taking their own comfort.

 

 

For now they watched. Not a word was spoken between the five. The light caresses speaking for themselves. The only sound coming from the tv. Jin watched, a silent guardian watching over the most innocent and intimate moment, until they all fell asleep, a pile of arms and legs that gravity seemed to pull together on the floor, unable to tell which limb belonged to whom. Namjoon grabbed a blanket and draped it gently over them before leading Jin to their room where they snuggled close, Jin wrapped tightly in Namjoon’s arms.


When they woke up it was one by one while Jin fixed breakfast. There were no judging looks or teases. They just greeted and smiled at each other. Everything was back to normal. The stress and tension from previous days, gone. The kitchen full of laughter and teasing, a few lingering touches mostly from the 95 line, and a deeper bond and love for each other that could parallel even the closest of lovers.