Surprise Encounters

Fated To Be With You

--Author's POV--

 

The sky is clear, the sun is up, and the scent of life is all around. Spring is definitely here. And on this perfectly fine day, a guy with the face of an angel is walking towards his school. But despite his angelic face, he has a supicious smile plastered on his face. He's up for something evil on the first day of school. He stops before he reaches a bridge and walks toward the grassy part, wanting to sleep and miss his classes--he's more bound to pick up fights here than at school. 

"Ya! Kyuhyun-ah!", another guy called to him. Kyuhyun tilted his face to see who the guy was and saw Yonghwa.

"Yong~!", he shouted in glee. He stood up and ran to his friend's side. "It's been so long. Why didn't you tell me that you were coming back?", he asked, putting his arm on his friend's shoulders. Silence. Then after a while, Yonghwa answered "What's the fun in that? The element of surprise would be lost".

"Okay. Whatever", Kyuhyun answered neutrally. He didn't ask for more even though he caught the tone in his friend's voice. Something's off but he's not gonna press Yonghwa if he doesn't want to tell him. He probably has a good reason.

 

/at school, walking towards their classroom/

"Well? What section were you placed?", Kyu asked Yong.

"Proton. Is that bad?", Yong answered.

"Totally. I'm in Proton too. I'm a true blue Prototot. So I guess I'd be missing more classes than planned now that I have my partner in crime back in business", he said with a cocky smile. Yonghwa looked confused. "You're still in Proton? Don't they ever change your sections?"

"In other classes, they do. But Proton, never. They can't risk mixing the black sheeps with the white ones.", Kyu answered matter-of-factly. Kyuhyun's school is not just any other high school. It's a school for gifted people. Only the ones who rise from the average are accepted so each year level is not divided by skill since they practically have equal skills. But the school just accepts freshman enrollees. However, on rare occasions, they accept transferees. They also take entrance exams but the catch is that the exams given to transferees are extremely difficult so that the school will be assured that ones filtered are the talented ones who can survive the school's rigorous curriculum.

 

"Well, well, well. What do we have here?", Kyu asked his classmate, pointing his head  to the large circle of boys in the corner.

"New girl", answered his classmate.

"Looks like a lamb has lost her way.", Kyu said with a smirk. It seems that despite the excitement from his friend's arrival, he didn't forget about his evil thoughts. He made his way through the crowd, thinking of the meanest way he could insult the girl. But when he reached the end of it, he was struck. In front of him stands the most beautiful creature that ever lived. Her eyes look terrified but are blindingly bright. She's clumsily trying to sheild herself but still looking so elegant. Her face is flushed and tears are starting to gather in her eyes--tears that looked as if they'd transform themselves into crystals the moment they leave her eyes. This person can't be human, Kyuhyun thought.

"What are you?", Kyuhyun said aloud, disbelief clear in his voice.

"Kyu, the teacher's here", Yonghwa told him.

It was then that he realized that he was standing alone with the girl.

"Well, well, well. If it isn't the infamous Mr. Cho. Please take your seat. You...." And his teacher went on with his litany of scoldings. But Kyu wasn't listening. His mind was stuck on the godess that lost her way into the hell on earth.