Chapter 17

A Place We Call Home

CHAPTER 17

She woke up in a bed that wasn’t hers, in a room that she didn’t recognize and with a headache that she wished would leave her alone. She clutched her head as she sat up. Her scroll blinked by her pillow, showing an unread message. She opened it and smiled when she saw who it was from. Finally, one thing that she was glad that came to her: “I’m outside. Do you still want to talk?”

She got out of bed, rubbed the sleep out of her eyes and ran a hand through her hair. Ugh. I wish I could take a shower. But that could wait. Jessica was right outside and all she wanted to do at this moment was see her. And hold her hand. And hug her. And kiss her. She swallowed hard at that last one. “. No. That’s not what we’re supposed to be doing,” she mumbled to herself. She reminded herself that they were supposed to talk about Sunny.

She sent a quick reply: “Just woke up. I’ll be right there.”

A few minutes later, she found Jessica in front of the building where her room was, staring at the ground.

“Hi,” was all she could say.

Jessica lifted her head and saw her partner. “Hi,” she said. After a sort silence, she realized that she had to come up with more words. “So, uh, are you okay?”

“A bit tired but yeah. You?”

 “I’m okay.”

The exchange of one-liners was painfully awkward. It was as if they were meeting for the first time on a blind date. The passers-by probably thought so judging from how they just stared at each other, blinked then looked sideways whenever they saw someone move.

It was a good thing that Jessica brought it up.

“I think we should move somewhere less crowded. It’s awkward seeing people stare at us and stuff.”

“Oh sure. Right.” Yuri looked around for somewhere more private but all she saw were the living quarters and the containment units for the Atlesian Knights that needed repairs. “Maybe we can leave camp for a while. It’s a bit suffocating seeing all this military stuff.”

Jessica nodded and waited for Yuri to take her hand because it was a habit of theirs but Yuri had already started walking ahead. She shoved her hand down her blazer pocket instead and followed.

When they came to a stop, they found themselves at the rear part of the compound, near the gate where the supply trucks go through.

“I guess here is fine,” Yuri said. No one seemed to be around.

“Okay,” Jessica replied. She couldn’t bear another awkward silence so she went on: “So… you ran into Sunny?”

“Yeah. I dunno what she was doing in that abandoned building but it couldn’t have been anything good.”

“Why? Was she with anyone?” Jessica already had a few guesses but she didn’t want to think of the worst yet.

“She was alone,” Yuri answered, images of that day blurring in her thoughts. “But after we fought, she ran off on a Griffon.” Saying it was as surreal as seeing it firsthand. She felt heavy then and she felt heavy now, weighed down by all of her unanswered questions.

Jessica’s brows met, hoping she heard wrong. “On a Griffon? As in… Grimm? What?”

Yuri nodded. “Precisely what I asked myself. It gets worse. Earlier, I saw the White Fang riding them too.”

Jessica clutched her forehead and exhaled. “. Of all the things that she could do…” Her hand moved to and cupped it. A sharp inhale later, she still couldn’t believe what she had heard. “What’re we going to do now?”

“I don’t know.” Yuri’s hands rose when she shrugged. Then she let her shoulders fall in frustration. “She didn’t give me any answers either. Everything she said was just a load of bull. She said she had something to do and that’s why she left us. I asked what it was but she just spoke in circles and I couldn’t take it anymore so I attacked her. It was just—” She sighed, now slowly running out of patience with trying to make sense of the encounter with Sunny.

Jessica watched as Yuri started pacing in front of her. She does this when she rants.

“Everything was a lie! Everything she was to us is just a big, fat lie! She doesn’t care about me or you or Yoona. I can’t believe we fell for it. We’re so stupid. We trusted her and tried to look for her when she disappeared. Yoona cried over her! We all did! What’s worse is that I still care about her so much that even at that moment when I saw her ride off on that Grimm I was still thinking to myself that maybe she doesn’t really like what she’s doing. Maybe she’s being blackmailed or something. Part of me still doesn’t want to believe that she isn’t the person we love even though it’s so clear that she’s working with the enemy and that she lied to us. I’m such an idiot!”

Yuri didn’t realize that she had quickened her pacing while she talked. She only stopped when Jessica gripped her forearm.

“It’s not your fault. I still care about her too. Even after hearing all of this. But getting mad at ourselves because we care about her won’t change anything. We’re at war. If she really is working with the enemy then whatever we feel about her doesn’t matter. When the time comes that we have to face her, we have to stop her. I know it’s easier said than done but—”

“But I almost did.” Yuri couldn’t meet Jessica’s eyes. If there was still a trace of the murderous intent left in her, she didn’t want Jessica to see it. “I almost stopped her, I mean. But no matter how much I tried, I just couldn’t beat her. I…” I wanted to kill her. She tried to bite back the tears but they had already formed in her eyes. “I was so scared, Sica. I was scared because I wanted to kill her.”

Jessica pulled Yuri toward her without a second thought. She felt Yuri bring her head down to the nook of her neck and she cradled it in place while she wrapped her other arm around Yuri’s waist.

“I didn’t feel anything at the time.” Yuri spoke into Jessica’s shoulder with tears streaming down her eyes. “But after we fought I wanted to throw up. I’m the worst! I shouldn’t have had those thoughts! It wasn’t right. No matter how much she… she hurts us… killing her… isn’t…”

Yuri trailed off and all Jessica heard were her sobs and uneven breaths in between. At one point, she felt Yuri’s fingers dig into her back, clutching her uniform while she continued to cry. Yuri felt so light in her arms, like air during spring mornings but she was also as fragile as a spring flower. And there was nothing she could do but hold on.

After the sobbing died down, Yuri still hadn’t let go of Jessica’s uniform and they just stood there – Yuri with her uneven breaths and Jessica with a tightening in her chest. The silence between them grew until Yuri lifted her head and took a step back. She wiped her cheeks with the back of her hands and sniffled.

“Sorry. I guess I’ve been holding that in for too long.”

“It’s okay. I understand.” Jessica tried to smile but it pained her to see Yuri trying to recover too soon. “We should get you some water.”

Yuri shook her head. “Can we stay here for a while? I really don’t feel like going back yet.” She managed to let out a small laugh. “Especially with these puffy eyes. Soo and Hyo would have a laugh trip.”

“Of course.” Jessica matched the laugh with a smile. “Anything you want.” She approached one of the trucks and sat on the footstep at its rear.

Yuri followed and her eyes moved to the spot on Jessica’s uniform top where she cried on. She reached out for it and smoothed it out. “I’m sorry for getting your clothes wet.”

“It’s fine. Really.” Jessica met Yuri’s eyes and neither of them looked away. “Don’t worry about it. You needed a good cry.”

“I’m a bit embarrassed. I broke down over Sunny and here you are, just your usual calm self.”

“Me? Usually calm?” Jessica shook her head. “Are you sure you’re talking about me?”

Yuri laughed and it didn’t sound forced this time. “Of course I am. Except when it comes to Yoona missing, Krystal being in trouble and being in the presence of cucumbers, you’re pretty calm, Sica.”

Jessica knew that that wasn’t true. She laughed at the fact that Yuri seemed to think otherwise. “I actually freak out a lot, you know?”

“Pffft! Oh really? Name one time that doesn’t have to do with Yoona, Krystal or cucumbers.”

“You.” Jessica clamped shut a second after. Oh . Well, that just came out.

“Me?” Yuri pointed to herself, her voice laced in disbelief.

The past few days flashed before Jessica’s eyes.

The fight at Atlas. Two days of more fighting at Mistral. Two days of wallowing in Krystal’s dorm room. The heat that took over her that was far from the pain that seared through her shoulder when she took in Yuri’s semblance. The hand that held her steadily by the waist. The soft cheek against her lips. The kiss. The blur that came before that.

And the pit in her stomach that went deeper the longer she kept all of this to herself. I have to tell her. This can’t wait anymore. “Actually, I’ve been meaning to talk to you about this.” She waited awhile for Yuri to say something or maybe for Yuri to run away because of the awkwardness. But neither happened so she continued: “About what happened in the training room… when I kissed you.” There, I said it. There’s no going back now.

“Right. That.” Yuri rubbed the back of her neck. “I wanted to talk to you about that too, actually. I think we need to sort it out.”

Jessica chose her words carefully. Another impulsive move and this would probably go sideways. “I’m sorry. I was out of line. And it was stupid that I left without saying anything. I didn’t mean to cause any trouble between us but I couldn’t face you after that. I’m really, really sorry.”

Yuri laughed and Jessica felt her insides crumble. “Did I say something wrong?”

“No, it’s not that.” Yuri held in the rest of her nervous laughter. “You don’t have to apologize either. I’m the one who’s sorry.”

“What? Why?”

Well, here goes. Typical of Yuri, she just came out with it: “I’m sorry because I took too long to kiss you back. I’m the one who’s stupid.”

Jessica’s eyes widened and she smiled, although she was unaware of just how wide that smile was. Is this really happening? “No, I’m definitely the stupider one.”

Yuri shrugged. “Well, I guess. You’re the one who pulled away too soon after all.”

Wherever this conversation was going, a brief pause placed them at a crossroads. They held each other’s gaze longer than they expected and their hands somehow found each other on Yuri’s lap.

“Can I… Can I make it up to you?” Jessica asked.

Yuri smiled and cupped Jessica’s cheek with her free hand while the other held on tightly to Jessica’s hand as if failing to do so would cost her life. She leaned in until the tips of their noses touched. “Exactly what I was thinking.”

Their lips touched only slightly at first. They didn’t know what they were expecting but whatever it was, this was better. Jessica slowly parted her lips and Yuri met them with hers, their fingers still intertwined but now slightly trembling from the unfamiliar contact. Jessica brought her hand up to the back of Yuri’s neck and leaned into the kiss, her lips moving from Yuri’s upper lip toward the lower. She tugged on it slightly and she felt it curve into smile. Not long after, she let out a tiny whimper when she suddenly felt Yuri’s tongue glide along her lower lip. She froze until Yuri’s thumb gently moved back and forth against her cheek as if to encourage her. Taking that as permission, she met the tip of Yuri’s tongue with hers. She held on tighter to Yuri’s neck as the kiss deepened and everything that weighed heavy on her mind seemed to float away, lost in the softness of Yuri’s lips and the breathlessness she felt at this moment.

Hoping to take a breath, Yuri pulled back for a second but Jessica held her head still and prolonged the kiss. She inhaled through her nose instead and managed to take in Jessica’s scent and the lingering smell of what was left of her own tears. She inched closer, suddenly wanting Jessica much closer to her body. Her hand that was on Jessica’s cheek ran through Jessica’s hair and she heard another whimper. She found it cute, just like the first one when her tongue somehow found its way to Jessica’s lower lip. She didn’t intend for it to happen but she didn’t regret it either. When Jessica met it with hers, the chill that ran down Yuri’s spine felt more like a quake than the usual freezing air that Jessica gave off and it ran through the entirety of her body in waves. Her mind went blank and all she knew how to do was kiss Jessica back.

When they pulled apart, they did it at the same time and with a great deal of hesitation as if it was a crime for their lips to be apart. They let out a few laughs, partly because of relief and because they were still a bit embarrassed.

“There. I didn’t pull back,” Jessica said. “Even when you did.”

Yuri flashed her usual toothy grin. “I only pulled back ‘cause I needed to breathe.”

“So why didn’t you pull back after I pulled you in?”

Yuri pressed her lips to Jessica’s once more then placed a kiss on the tip of her nose. “Well, it turns out that I like kissing you more than trying to breathe.”

Jessica returned the quick kiss with another and smiled. “You’re such a dork.”

+

Sooyoung and Hyoyeon hoped that these bushes were hypoallergenic. They had little time to look for cover once they saw Yuri and Jessica talking at the back of a truck. If talking that close to each other’s faces could even pass as just ‘talking.’

“Uh… so who made the first move? It was definitely Yul, right?”

“No way! It’s so obvious that Sica started it.” Hyoyeon tried her best to keep her voice down.

“Are we taking this kiss by kiss though? ‘Cause that second one was Yuri and that third one was Sica so—”

“Sica started it!” Hyoyeon’s hands flew to after her outburst. She was way too excited about this than she was supposed to be. Who would’ve thought that being worried about Yuri going missing from her room would lead to seeing her have a smooch-fest with Jessica?!

+

Speaking of being worried, Krystal had been worried ever since Jessica walked out and was followed by Tiffany. She decided to give her sister the space she needed but when she still couldn’t find her past nightfall, the worry doubled.

“Oh. My. God.” When she finally did find Jessica, it didn’t look like her sister needed any additional comforting. Yuri was already doing a good job of it from where she was standing… which was on a nearby tree. It’s crazy how they don’t even notice I’m here!

+

Another person whom Yuri and Jessica didn’t notice had been watching from a nearby building was Yoona. She went looking for them a while ago, thinking that they already started talking about Sunny without her. But lo and behold, there wasn’t much talking going on when she found them. Just a lot of mouth-moving and hand-holding and... was that a tongue?! She stifled a laugh, ecstatic that her unnies were having an intimate moment. “Finally,” she whispered to herself.

+

The walk back from the city was silent until Seohyun suddenly stopped and her scout disappeared from above her shoulder.

“Seohyun, what’s wrong?” Taeyeon asked, worried that her dongsaeng had run out of aura.

Seohyun shook her head. “It’s nothing. Uh, maybe we should look for another way back?”

“Why? This is the gate—”

“TaeTae! Get over here! Quick!!”

“What now?” Taeyeon dragged her feet to where Tiffany was fanning herself with her hands. “What’s wrong?”

“Look!”

Taeyeon turned to where Tiffany pointed. “What the ?!”

“Ssshh!!”

“Unnies, I don’t think we should be watching them like this.”

Tiffany and Taeyeon viewed on, ignoring the suggestion that came from Seohyun, who reluctantly joined them in watching the intimate moment anyway.

“Jessi totally went for it first,” Tiffany proudly said.

“Man, I hope so. I wanna win the bet!” said Taeyeon.

“Hm… judging from how Yuri unnie is holding Sica unnie’s cheek like that, it can be inferred that she’s in control. So… she started it.”

Taeyeon raised an eyebrow at her dongsaeng. “And since when have you been an expert on kissing positions and their respective meanings, huh?”

Seohyun only flashed a wide grin in response.

+

Back in their living quarters, chaos ensued when it was revealed that all of them had seen Yuri and Jessica kissing at the back of a truck.

“What do you mean Sica couldn’t have possibly started it? She’s definitely the more eager one here!” Hyoyeon argued.

“Jessica unnie does like getting what she wants…” Krystal said from a corner. Things had gotten way too intense ever since they started having this conversation.

“I agree. Jessi must be threatened that I’m after Yuwree so she decided to make a bold move. That sneaky girl!” Tiffany added.

“Nuh-uh! Yuri unnie is the whipped one,” said Yoona. “Besides, that hand on Sica unnie’s cheek says it all! Tell them, Hyunnie.”

Seohyun bit her lip. “Uh… well, I did make that observation. But maybe there’s no use talking about this. We shouldn’t have placed those bets in the first place. Let’s just be happy that they’re finally moving forward with their relationship.”

“Psh!” Sooyoung joined in. “You say that now but back when we started placing bets, you were so excited!”

“Don’t talk to her like that!” Taeyeon pointed a dagger at Sooyoung. “It’s probably Yoona’s influence. Seobaby doesn’t even support gambling.”

“My influence?! I didn’t do anything!”

Taeyeon and Yoona were about to go at it when Seohyun stood in between them. “That’s enough. I admit that I chose to place a bet. But at this point, we don’t even know who confessed first so there’s no use fighting over who won the bet.”

“Maybe they’ll tell us in the morning?” said Yoona with a shrug. “We can wait until then.”

+

And so they waited.

“What the hell?! They still haven’t said anything!!” Sooyoung peeked at the seats way up front where Yuri and Jessica were and it looked like they had fallen asleep.

The airship they boarded was taking them back to Beacon. Despite being relieved that they were heading back, the question of who confessed first was still a hot topic among the seven of them.

“Maybe this isn’t the right time for them to talk about it,” said Seohyun.

“They probably still think we’re all clueless.” Yoona let out a laugh. “They think they’re so sneaky but we saw everything!”

“So… what now?” asked Krystal.

Just then, Tiffany giggled and it sounded ominous instead of amusing. “I have an idea!”

“Oh no.” Taeyeon did a facepalm. “I wish I didn’t know what you were thinking but I can tell from that look on your face that you’re just gonna flirt with Yuri some more to make Sica jealous.”

Everyone else gasped.

“What’s wrong with that? I do have a legit crush on her after all. It’s just a shame that Jessi got to her first.”

“I don’t know, unnies…” Krystal tugged at the end of her skirt. “I don’t want my sister to get hurt or anything. You’ve seen how she gets when it comes to Yuri unnie.”

“Of course we don’t want her to get hurt, either,” Hyoyeon said. “Our personal safety depends on it! She’ll freeze us to death if she finds out that we had anything to do with this.”

“Does anyone else have a better plan to get them to spill the juicy details?” Tiffany asked.

There was no response.

“When Jessi can’t take me flirting with Yuwree anymore, she’ll be all possessive and and she’ll have no choice but to tell the world that something already happened between them. And then we can ask who confessed first and finally figure out who won the freaking bet! Jessi doesn’t scare me so I have no problems flirting with her girlfriend… or whatever it is that she thinks Yuri is.”

“Man, you’re hopeless.” Taeyeon shook her head and stood up to switch seats. “You’re just a flirt.”

“At least I’m not a , !”

“I’m not a ! Jeebus!”

“Why are you so bitter anyway? Are you worried about me? Don’t tell me you’re jealous or something.”

“Or course I’m worried! I’m worried that Sica might get hurt and then she’ll take it out on us. I don’t know about you but I’m not a fan of her temper.”

“Oh, you’re so cute. Being worried and stuff. Well, fine. If no one’s up for it then I’ll just do it myself.”

No one else said anything after that. Not even Taeyeon who seemed hell-bent on keeping Tiffany from putting her ridiculous plan into action. They spent the rest of the trip sleeping.

+

Professor BoA met them at the landing bay and with her were two unfamiliar faces.

“Oh my god! Mom! Dad!”

Tiffany seemed to know them though. She rushed into their arms and hugged them tightly.

“Welcome back everyone,” said BoA while the little family reunion went on behind her.

They said their greetings and expected another mission briefing, but BoA had another thing in mind.

“Before anything else, you should all rest. It’s been a grueling week and you deserve to sleep in your own beds today.”

They thanked her and went to their respective dorm rooms, except for Tiffany who still wanted to catch up with her parents.

Yuri and Jessica let themselves fall on the first bed they saw the moment they got to their room, no longer minding who it belonged to or that they had chosen the same bed. Yoona found her own bed and was so far gone after her head hit the pillow that she didn’t notice her teammates lying side by side on Yuri’s bed.

It was only when she woke up before they did that she saw them under a mess of pillows and a half-unfolded blanket. And then she laughed.

That woke them right up.

“You two look cozy~”

It took Yuri and Jessica half a minute to realize that they were in bed together, lying on their sides and facing each other with mere centimeters in between their faces.

And Yoona was right there.

Both of them sat bolt upright and faced forward. Yoona was still grinning at them.

“Uh, hi Yoong. What’s up?” Yuri said. It was all she could come up with at the time. From the corner of her eye, she saw Jessica leave the bed and straighten herself out.

“I just thought of taking a shower,” Yoona answered. “I was wondering if you guys wanted to go first or something.”

“Ah.” Yuri forced a laugh. “It’s okay. You go first.”

“What about you, Sica unnie?”

“I’m okay too. You go on ahead, Yoong.”

Keeping a smirk to herself, Yoona shrugged and entered the bathroom. The moment she closed the door, she had a feeling something interesting had started happening on the other side. I bet they’re totally making out already.

When Yuri heard the shower running inside their bathroom, she left the bed, which she realized was hers, and followed Jessica to the dresser. “Hi,” she said with a sheepish smile.

“Hi,” Jessica replied.

They leaned into a kiss and not another word passed between them as it went on. Jessica clutched Yuri’s collar and took a step back, pulling Yuri with her without breaking the kiss. She leaned back on the dresser door and felt Yuri’s hand snake around her waist while the other held her cheek, this time less gentle than last night and more out of need as Yuri continued to deepen the kiss.

The dresser shook slightly when Yuri closed the gap between them and pressed herself closer to Jessica’s body. Something fell and they broke away to check what it was.

“Do you see it?” Jessica asked.

“No.” Yuri didn’t even bother to look. She met Jessica’s eyes instead, her arm still wrapped around Jessica’s waist.

“You know, I could get used to this.”

“To what? Kissing?”

“Kissing…” Jessica trailed off, her eyes moving from Yuri’s eyes down to her lips. Then there was the arm that held her by the waist. She minded how close they had gotten and she knew she wanted little to no distance between them as she leaned in to whisper in Yuri’s ear: “And basically you all over me.”

Yuri held in a breath while she kept her hands on Jessica’s hips as they moved backwards onto the bed. She looked up at Jessica hovering over her and finally released a lungful of air. “If you want me all over you, isn’t this supposed to be,” she sat up and brought Jessica down on the other side of the bed, “the other way around?”

Jessica brought her hands together behind Yuri’s neck and grinned. “I say that it can go both ways,” she said before rolling both of them back onto the other side of the bed. She landed on top of Yuri with her thighs straddling the latter’s hips.

“So which one do you like better?” Yuri asked, her hands moving from Jessica’s hips up to her waist.

Jessica felt her uniform top ride up in time with Yuri’s hands and she smirked upon feeling the slight brush of Yuri’s fingertips against her skin. She leaned forward to meet Yuri’s lips and once she did, Yuri flipped them over again. The kiss was broken but Yuri was quick to make up for it when she caught Jessica’s lower lip and nipped it. They smiled into the re-established kiss then had to break it off when Jessica tried to flip them over again and they landed on the floor.

“Uh, unnies?”

They scrambled to their feet and forced a few laughs. They had almost forgotten that Yoona was still in the room although she was supposedly in the bathroom.

“Is everything okay?”

“Yeah!” Yuri answered. “We were just looking for something that fell off of the dresser, right Sica?”

“Huh? Oh yeah. Yeah, something fell. It must be around here somewhere…” Jessica pretended to look around.

“Isn’t it that Mickey Mouse figure over there?” Yoona pointed to a spot under the bed.

“Ah, right.” Yuri claimed the figure and placed it back on the dresser. “Hehe. There it is. Thanks!”

“O-kay. Well, the shower is free for you guys. If you wanna do that together too,” Yoona said with a laugh.

“What?!”

“I’m just kidding, Sica unnie! Sheesh. You guys do all sorts of things together, don’t you? Like looking for that toy just now. Come to think of it… you guys seem to have recovered from that fight you had before we left for the mission. So is there anything I should know?” Yoona wiggled her eyebrows at the two.

“Actually…”

“Yuri-yah! What are you—”

“Yoong, we have to talk about Sunny.”

Yuri felt bad that it had to be brought up this way but she almost did forget to tell Yoona about Sunny. Sure, it was a convenient excuse not to talk about the recent development between her and Jessica, but that wasn’t the point. She figured that Yoona also deserved to know the truth about their former teammate.

“As much as I care about your feelings, I don’t want to sugarcoat this for you, Yoona,” Yuri started. “If I do then I’m no different from Sunny. And you don’t deserve that.”

Yuri didn’t leave out any details. She told Yoona about how Sunny didn’t want to answer her questions and that all she got was a flimsy apology and some crap about Sunny having something she needed to do. She told Yoona about the fight and about how she struggled with the darkness that came out of her whenever Sunny provoked her. The more she said it, the more she grew scared that it would take over her someday. She expected Yoona to react by now, to lash out and cry. But Yoona didn’t say a word. She listened and she waited. She was probably waiting for the surprise twist at the end where Sunny says that she’ll be coming back soon after she deals with the White Fang. But Yuri couldn’t give her that. Instead, it was the opposite.

“So that’s it? She’s really working with them?”

“That’s what it looks like.”

Yoona nodded slowly. Everything that Yuri said was sinking in and the longer it took, the stupider she felt. I wanted to give her a second chance. I really wanted to. It had gotten tiring, she realized. All of this hoping and waiting and running away… She was done with all of it.

“Yoona, please say something,” Jessica urged.

I have nothing left to say. Yoona stood up and left.

Jessica went after her dongsaeng but only up to the door, which Yoona abruptly closed behind her before Jessica could squeeze through the doorway. She turned to Yuri and sighed. “What are we going to do?”

“I’ll go after her.” Yuri placed another kiss on Jessica’s lips because to her, at this moment, it was the only thing that felt right about the world. “I’ll be right back.”

She went to the first place that she knew Yoona would run to and she was right to follow that hunch. There, after the second bend in the hallway, was Seohyun holding Yoona in her arms. Yuri corrected herself: seeing her two dongsaengs together was another thing that felt right about the world.

Jessica was pacing inside their room by the door when Yuri arrived. “What happened?”

“She’ll be fine. Seohyun’s with her.”

“That’s good.” Jessica managed to smile. “Those two… When they’re together it’s like they’re in their own little world.”

“Yeah. That’s why I left them alone.”

They took their respective showers and decided to get a bit more sleep after drying their hair. They used Jessica’s bed this time. Lying on their sides, facing each other with mere centimeters between their faces, they drew closer together until they fit snuggly in each other’s arms. Yuri placed a kiss on the top of Jessica’s head while Jessica pressed her lips to Yuri’s collarbone. Sleep came easily after that.
 


Well, there's YulSic. Let's see where they go from here after all these kisses. Hehe. Thank you to the new subscribers and to those who left comments! Keep 'em coming 'cause it's always nice to hear from you guys :)