FINAL

Romance At The Start of Valentines Day

 

Romance At The Start of Valentine's Day

 

 

Valentine's day was never in Seohyun's mind as she was busy with Mamma Mia rehearsals and the most obvious one was that she was going solo on the day. Practice continued until late afternoon but Seohyun was not satisfied with her performance so she chose to stay behind to practice a bit more. 


She sat where the piano was and played random notes. For the first time in a long time, she wasn't looking at the keys but at her hands as they pressed the ivory keys of the piano. She told herself that it was a pretty sight. A second later she wanted to smack herself for thinking such a weird thing. She may have beautiful hands but they were not enough to make a man stay by her side. 


Minutes left until February 14th and Seohyun was still playing the piano but this time it was songs from her first musical The Moon that Embraces the Sun. It was only then that she realized how her voice suited his. From all the musical actors who played Hwon, it was his voice that became one with hers. She has always thought that her duets with him were only practices for her debut in the musical as the company has decided that no matter what Seohyun would debut with him as one of her leading man but it was also because of their voices. Their voices compliment each other.


She stopped playing and drank a sip from her water bottle. It was no longer ice cold but it refreshed her after hours of practice. 


"A delivery for a very hard working woman."


Who would deliver something to her at the middle of the night, she thought. The delivery man's head was looking down and his cap was hiding his face. What her eyes laid on was a bouquet of white and red roses. Seohyun wanted to see the man's face but most his face was covered by a mask. He handed her the bouquet and she gladly accepted it. The card that came along with it read 'From your kind oppa who has fallen in love with you, hard.'


Her heart immediately raced and she could feel her cheeks warmed up. A lot of people have given her white and red roses but the note made her blush like a lovesick teenager.


"Thank you but by any chance, do you know who sent this?" she asked, her curiosity killing her.


"Of course I do. I know him pretty well," the delivery man replied. 


'Huh?'


He took off his mask, looked up and showed the woman in front of him who he really was. The usual 'I'll-show-her-my-face' scene.


A smirk appeared on his face after not hearing anything coming out of Seohyun's lips.


"Kyuhyun-oppa!?"

 

"Are you speechless that almighty me is here?" he said in a playful tone and a smirk on his face.


Seohyun's mind was burned out after thinking of reasons why he, of all people, would be there in the middle of the night. He was busy like her so he should not bother going to her rehearsals. He should stay at his home or at his dorm to rest but here he was. 


"Of course I am. What are you doing here? And what's with the flowers?" 


"You don't want me here?" he said, looking very hurt.


Seohyun rolled her eyes, "Oppa, don't answer my question with a question."


Kyuhyun chucked before sitting on the piano bench where Seohyun sat just a few minutes before and started pressing on some keys.


"Of course I'm here because I am your Valentine," he simply answered.


She looked at him, very much confused and told him, "Are you going crazy?"


"Yes I am. Crazy in love with you."


Seohyun acted like she was going to vomit, which she did in a lady-like manner.


"That was corny," she commented. 


"That's what happens when a man has fallen in love so badly," he said straighforwardly.


Seohyun wanted to laugh at his joke, if it was a joke, but her laugh wouldn't come. Maybe because deep down she wanted it to be real. Her guts were telling her that it was real but her mind shouted the opposite. 


Her heart raced like she was running in a marathon. She could feel herself blushing and the whole room's temperature increased.


"Hahaha... I'm sure you're only tired. Why don't you go home and rest," Seohyun wanted to change the topic but she wasn't sure how to. Her mind was running to overload and eveything was jumbled up.


"Not gonna happen, milady. I was talking to your manager and it seems that he is stuck in a traffic. And I thought since I have free time, I volunteered to collect you. This is also a good opportunity to talk about that confession letter," he retorted.


Seohyun wanted to slap herself in the face after remembering a certain incident that caused her love letter to be given to Kyuhyun. 


Seohyun was taping for her drama in China and while she was on the plane bound for Beijing, she wrote a love letter for Kyuhyun. A love letter that will never be read by anyone because she was not planning on giving it to him. The main letter was sophisticated and it was very clear that all her feelings were put in it. The letter was then placed in a plain pink envelope with his name at the front.


At the filming location, Seohyun was in her tent fiddling the letter. She was contemplating on whether to throw it away or not. Burn it or not. Shred it or not. Give it or not. 


In the end, she decided to keep it to remember the memories and the feelings she had for the man. The secret will be buried with her to her grave.


And that was when her luck changed. Silly Seohyun left the letter on her desk with his name shown. Her manager does not usually stay in her tent but the weather was not good. He had to stay indoors and the only place he could stay was either at the van or at the tent. He felt that the van was to cramped so the decided to stay in the tent instead. 


The letter was seen along with the name of the recipient and as a good manager of the idol, he sent the letter. When Seohyun came back, she asked about the letter and when she learned about it the calm, graceful Seohyun vanished and was replaced with a scared and panicked Seohyun. Unlucky for her, Kyuhyun was also in Beijing so the letter was received in no time. Because of this, Seohyun could no longer look at him like before.    


She tried to fake a laugh and said, "W-what are you talking about oppa? Why would I write a confession letter to you? No offense, but you are not my ideal man."


Kyuhyun only shrugged but the smirk on his lips did not change.


"A-and... and..." now she began stuttering. "You are not meant to read that..." she whispered the last words.


"Too bad," he pulled her to let her sit on his lap, wrapping his arms around her waist. 


At a closer look, Seohyun noticed Kyuhyun's tiredness. His eyes were bloodshot and it was clear the his body was in pain from all the work. She knew the feeling as she has a similar employment as his. She wanted to get off him because she was sure she was heavy but Kyuhyun's hold on her was tight. 


After looking at each other's eyes, Kyuhyun closed his and leaned his head on her shoulder. Her heart raced even more. Why wouldn't it? Seohyun was not that used yet to be around guys. It was only recent when she began 'training' herself to be comfortable around them. SHINee's Minho, TVXQ's Changmin, CNBlue's Jonghyun and Kyuhyun himself were some of the few people she practiced to be comfortable with, which was pointless if Kyuhyun was making her feel this way. 


Seohyun was frozen in spot. Kyuhyun had not moved for a while and she thought he may be asleep because his breathing was even. Her mind was going crazy. Distractions were pointless as Kyuhyun's breathing was loud enough for her to hear. He would rub his thumb every now and then at her waist and his hair was tickling her already red cheeks.


Out of nowhere, Seohyun had the urge to touch Kyuhyun's soft brunette hair and tousle it. Without any time to spare, she did those and when she realized what she was doing, she pulled back her hand and pretended nothing happened. She took a glance at the 'apparently' sleeping man to see if he was woken up by her actions. His eyes were still closed and he didn't even squirm. 


Seohyun sighed in relief that was until he spoke, "You get to do all the time if-" He opened his heavy eyes and lifted his head off her shoulders. "-you will agree to be my girl."


If Seohyun's jaw was like elastic, it would have dropped to the floor. That was how much she was surprised, speechless and elated. 


He was returning her feelings. He was feeling the same way. He, the guy she has liked for a long time, has liked her back not as a friend or a dongsaeng. He didn't say that he likes her or loves her but if she could just hear him say it...


"I love you, Seo Joohyun. Will you be my girlfriend?"


The words that she wanted to hear badly was like music to her ears. Sincere yet dreamy.


Her eyes never left his face. It was difficult to believe. It hasn't sunk in yet the fact that Kyuhuyn had just confessed. No matter times she told herself, her mind was making her believe that it was all a dream.


"Is this all a dream?" she asked, still in a daze. She had to ask that question. Seohyun would be upset if her expectations were too high.


Instead of a smirk, a genuine smile was what she saw. So it was real, she thought.


Kyuhyun shook his head to tell her that it was all reality and said in a playful tone, "Do you want me to bite your lips for you to confirm everything is not a dream?"


As her reflex, she covered her lips, which was burning to taste his, and shook her head.


He let out a soft chuckle and pinched her cheeks. 


"So you agree then? That we are officially dating?" he asked for confirmation. 


Seohyun bit her lip in embarrassment. She was still speechless at the whole thing so she responded with a nod.


"I want to hear you say it," he stared at her thin, glossy lips and waited for the answer.


Instead of getting an answer with her voice, what he got was her soft lips. 


"Did you get my answer?" she asked coyly.


With a wide smile on his face he answered, "I did get it with cherries on top."


Seohyun hid her face in shyness and Kyuhyun found this very adorable. Who would have thought that he would see her in a completely different way other than a sister. She was his definition of an ideal friend, bestfriend, girlfriend and wife. But they will take their time and not be in a hurry. She was somebody precious to him and he was willing to do anything just to make her happy.


Kyuhyun reserved a table at a very high class restaurant for their first date. She changed her clothes and left the rehearsal room b with romance.


"If the hyungs were here to watch, they would tease me for being so cheesy and cliché," he said.


"That's what happens when a kind oppa falls in love me." 


He shook his head in disbelief as he remembered the nerve wrecking moment of writing the card.


She finally understood why he gave her a mixture of red and white roses. It represents their unity, the start of their adventure.


He gave her a gentle peck before starting their journey as a new couple.

 

 

 

 

 


A/N

As per usual... Thank you for reading ^^ Just you guys reading my stories gives me joy! Commenters, voters, subscribers, readers...

 

THANK YOU FOR THE LOVE <3