Final

There I Said It
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sehun pulled at the hem of his shirt nervously as he chewed on his bottom lip. Taking a deep breath to calm himself, he pulled his phone out of the back pocket of his tight skinny jeans. He dialed the more-than-familiar number and closed his eyes as it began to ring.

 

Four robotic rings later and Sehun was sure that he wasn’t going to pick up. He was about to hit the “End Call” button, but the ringing suddenly stopped and a muffled “Hello?” came through the line.

 

“Hey…” Sehun breathed. “It’s me.”

 

The man on the other end chuckled. “I know.” He paused. “What’s wrong? It’s kind of late to be calling, isn’t it?”

 

Sehun sighed. “I… I want you to come to my show tomorrow.”

 

“Sehun… I thought you said-“

 

“I know what I said. It’s just…” He let out a shaky breath. “There will be a front row ticket waiting for you at the booth. C-can you just be there? Please?”

 

The man didn’t answer right away and it scared Sehun. He was already a nervous wreck and the lack of response was absolutely excruciating.

 

“Okay,” Finally came the quiet answer. “I’ll be there.”

 

 

 

 

 

Sehun was even more nervous today than he was yesterday, if that was even possible. Today was the day that everything would change and Sehun wasn’t sure yet if that was a good thing. He hadn’t told anyone about his plans. He went on with rehearsals as normal.

 

When it got nearer to time for the show to start, he was ushered into the dressing room, where his makeup artists and stylists went to work turning him into the person that nearly all of South Korea had fallen in love with and probably even fantasized about more than once or twice. He sat in the chair, keeping a steely gaze on his own reflection in the mirror before him. He looked down once to check his phone, looking for one person’s message in particular. Nothing.

 

Sehun’s stomach was in knots. He’d never been this nervous about a show before, but he had every reason to be tonight. He let his manager attach the mic securely onto his head, then he was led to the side entrance of the stage.

 

He could already hear the fans chanting his name, urging him, begging him, willing him to appear before them. He was never one to disappoint his fans. Pulling on the sleeves of his sleek leather jacket, he exhaled.

 

Sehun walked out onto the stage that was rather small in comparison to the dome. The screams that erupted from the audience of twenty thousand people were deafening. It shook Sehun to the core in the best way possible. He smiled at the fans and they cheered even louder. This is what Sehun lived for.

 

“How is everyone doing tonight?!” He yelled into the microphone. More screaming. “I’m so happy that you all could be here to share this night with me! Let’s have a lot of fun, okay?!”

 

Sehun gave a few more words of thanks and love to his fans and quickly broke into his first number. It was upbeat and it was fun and Sehun danced the same dance for the thousandth time. The fans were singing along with him and that was music to Sehun’s ears. It was beautiful the way that they knew every word. After the song ended, Sehun joked that they were giving him a run for his money.

 

Sehun’s smile faded, if only for a few seconds, as he scanned the crowd for him. Sehun couldn’t see him and he was worried that the man had gone back on his word. For Sehun, it was now or never. As much as he wanted him to be there, Sehun couldn’t hold back anymore.

 

He closed his eyes and took a deep breath.

 

“My friends, there’s something I wanted to tell you tonight,” Sehun spoke as he began to walk across the stage. “I consider you all my best friends and I don’t feel right keeping this in anymore. I wrote a song that I’d like to share with you all.” He came to stand in the center of the stage, the one that led like a walkway into the middle of the arena.

 

He could hear his manager yelling at him through his earpiece. Sehun yanked it out of his ear. The entire staff was confused. This certainly wasn’t part of their rehearsal.

 

Sehun exhaled, pulling the microphone up to his lips. And so, with no other instrument than his voice, he began to sing. The melody started very calmly, each word that Sehun sang projecting a little p

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter