Final

(Gladly) Stuck in Bed
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The sunlight seeps through the gap in the curtains, hitting Yifan’s eyes and even if it is irritating, it is a hundred times better than waking up to his blaring alarm clock. Birds chirping outside the window indicates that the day is going to be bright, sunny and nothing short of beautiful. Summer has just started and along with it the break from school which explains all the unusual noise he wakes up to. There is an assortment of tones coming from the outside, permeating their bedroom walls, waking Yifan up. Laughter. And it is not the loud, boisterous kind that annoys someone but the lilting, genuine one, which makes people who hear it feel the urge to laugh along. He instantly smiles, eyelids still closed, not wanting to come eye to eye with the glaring sun.

When he tries to move to his side to maybe envelope his husband in his arms who should still be resting beside him, considering the fact that Yixing usually wakes up well into the afternoon due to the nature of his job, he finds his limbs numb and unable to move. Or at least his arms are restrained. Confused, he cracks an eye open, the one less affected by the strip of sunlight. What he sees surprises him and makes the smile on his face widen even further at the same time. Stuck to his flanks are his husband and son, snoozing away and weighing him down, none too gently. Yixing’s nose is on his neck and Yifan belatedly realizes that the warmth he was feeling a while ago in that area was actually his husband’s breathing. On his torso, a leg, an arm and half of his small body splayed on top of his father, their son, Shixun, drools on the side of Yifan’s old school shirt that he now uses to sleep in.

His husband and son somehow have managed to move Yifan’s arms so that both of his limbs are wrapped around one body each. One of his large hands is on Shixun’s stomach while his other arm is wrapped around Yixing’s waist with one of the younger’s hands resting on top of his.

He smiles before placing a small kiss on the crown of Yixing’s head, light enough not to wake his husband. He would love to reach down and kiss his son as well but the boy is lying far too low and Yifan supposes he can do that later, lest he accidentally wakes them up.

Yifan can barely see Yixing’s face from his vantage point, only tufts of hair and a faint outline of his features; the smooth curve of his forehead, his sharp nose and his plump pink lips that Yifan can only assume to be slightly parted. Yet he is mesmerized, despite the limited view. Even after being together for years, there is still something about seeing the younger’s face that has his heart calm down and his frayed nerves ease.

He reminisces the first day he had woken up with Yixing beside him. It was after a night of unplanned love making. They had only been dating for two months at that time but it felt right, being together in the most intimate way, so they followed through with what their bodies had been desiring to do for months. And when he woke up the day after, he felt a strange calm settle around him when he saw his then-boyfriend’s face laid on his bare chest, his thin arms draped over the elder’s waist. He knew then that he wouldn’t want to wake up to any other sight.

That is until Shixun came along. Their bundle of joy and the pride of the newly built Wu-Zhang family.

Yifan looks down at his son, small hands gripping at his father’s shirt and a chubby leg thrown over Yifan’s stomach. He sees hints of his own facial features in their son’s face; the thick eyebrows, the shape of the boy’s face and his thin lips. Their son even has the same, as the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter