Final!

Christmas Eve and Walking Marshmallows

It was Christmas eve, and Jimin can’t believe his crazy best-friend Taehyung haven’t answered any of his calls. When did that goofball become so elusive? Jimin was freezing to death, he was starting to have illusions of comforting hot chocolate and Jin’s ginger bread cookies. They were supposed to meet with the others and celebrate Christmas together, five lonely university students munching on teeth-rotting holiday treats and getting drunk off of cheap soju.

His feet were itching to go home. He was standing in the middle of the shopping district, ALONE, surrounded by couples and families and ‘oh god’ he just wants to dive into a hole and wallow in self-pity. His phone buzzes interrupting his thoughts.

From Taetae, 6:43 pm:

ChimChim! I’m sorrrryyyyyyy.

From Taetae, 6:43 pm:

Chim! I left my phone at Hoseok hyung’s and I had to go back and get it. Please still love me!

To Taetae, 6:44 pm:

Who the hell is Hoseok hyung?! I’ll never forgive you.

From Taetae, 6:44 pm:

I’ll make it up to you. Are you still at the shopping district?

 

Jimin smiled, albeit a bit annoyed, he could never get angry with Taehyung.

To Taetae, 6:45 pm:

Don’t worry about me, I’ll see you at Jin hyung’s. Just make sure I’ll be meeting this Hoseok guy as soon as possible.

From Taetae, 6:45 pm:

Awwwwww. I love you Chiminnnniiiieee :* :* :*

To Taetae, 6:46 pm:

Ewwww, you’re disgusting. I won’t ever return your love XP

From Taetae, 6:46 pm:

Shut up Jimin, you know you love me! Your one and only adorable Taetae! <3

 

Thanks to his tendency to never get mad at his alien best-friend he’s now walking, again ALONE on Christmas eve, fingertips feeling numb and shoulders trembling from the cold. He was ready to head to their gathering, until he catches the inviting smell of sugar and chocolate coming from a pastry shop he’d never seen before.

The shop was small, but it felt warm and comforting to be inside. The Christmas décor were kept to a minimal but it still looked festive and lively in its own way. Upon going between the aisles to take a look at the pretty delicacies, he was hugged by the wonderful scent of sweet chocolate, vanilla, and caramel. He felt utterly blissed, he didn’t want to go outside anymore. He was hit with the memories of when he would whine at his mom to buy him his favorite chocolate log adorned with strawberries, until she would finally surrender to his pleadings.

As if on cue, he catches sight of a similar looking roll. It was tiny compared to the other cakes so it would probably be scarfed down by his friends in a matter of seconds, so he decided he’d try his best to save it for himself. He went up to the counter, excited about his purchase. The cashier was an odd looking guy. He was sporting a very unique mint green for his hair color, his skin was pale, and his cheeks were stained an attractive rosy pink. Jimin muses to himself, ‘this guy’s pretty cute’. He paid in cash, noticing the cute cashier slightly raise his brows. Of course Jimin didn’t mind.

Jimin is certain. Somebody is following him, and it might be the cute mint green haired cashier from the shop. Don’t underestimate Jimin and his power to detect cute stalker boys, but then again, the boy’s hair is kind of visible even from thirty feet away with how bright and fluffy it looks, ‘omyghad it looks like a freakin marshmallow’ he imagines Taehyung would say.

He enters a restaurant to make sure, and to get some food for his friends as well. His phone buzzes again.

From Jungkookie, 7:59 pm:

Hyung I’m at the district. Taehyung said you might still be here.

To Jungkookie, 7:59 pm:

I am. At the pasta place we went to last week.

From Jungkookie, 8:00 pm:

Wait for me there.

 

Jimin waited, while constantly scanning the windows for a boy with marshmallow hair. He’s still there. Even in the dim lighting of the sidewalk he could see. The boy’s face was shining and he looked so delicate, angelic even, under the artificial light. His cheeks contrasted the color of his snowy white skin with his adorable blush, air ghosting over his face when he breathes into the cold winter night. Jimin was confused, he was flattered of course, but absolutely confused.

 

From Jungkookie, 8:12 pm:

I’m outside.

To Jungkookie, 8:12 pm:

Okay, be out in a sec.

 

He trudged to the door, light on his feet. Jungkook was five feet away, and right before him was the marshmallow man. On impulse the first thing he did was smile. ‘Oh god he’s shocked, what do I do?’ He waved. ‘Oh no. He’s smiling, he’s smiling!’ Because Jimin is a teenage girl in disguise, the only thing he could do was use his attractive dongsaeng for his advantage (one of the few times he’s not cursing the other for being manlier and taller than him). He went straight crashing into Jungkook’s arms, causing them to stumble ever so slightly, even gently pushing the other guy forward.

He and Jungkook continued on their way to the gathering with him looking back, constantly staring at the dissipating figure of the mint haired man. He was intrigued, pleased, hell he was interested, 'that guy was freakin cute'. Okay maybe he is going to let his friends devour his chocolate cake, he had to find some good reason to return to that shop tomorrow.