Final

Between You and AFF
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

He is annoying. 

 

Sehun is really really really annoying.

 

He's always bothering me. 

 

At school.

 

At work.

 

Even at home.

 

Especially when I'm typing and trying to update one of my fanfics on Asianfanfics. 

 

From time to time, he'd be like:

 

"Luhan, do you want coffee?"

 

"Luhan, take a little rest. Let's watch a movie and relax!" 

 

"Hey Lu, do you need help with the homework? I never see you doing it." 

 

"Luhan, I'm hungry. Let's go out and eat!" 

 

"Luhan, I bought bubble tea for you!"

 

"Lu, guess what?! I found a place where they sell cheese ice cream! I bought one, let's try it!"

 

"Lu, can you update that later pretty please?"

 

"Luhan, I left a comment on your story! Please read it and reply, pretty please?" 

 

"Luhan, did you have a good sleep? Maybe sleep more, and update less?"

 

I think the worst question he ever asked me was: 

 

"Luhan, have you watched before?" I glared at him and threw my panda slipper on his pretending-to-be-innocent face. "Lu, what was that for? It was a joke! I only asked so that you'd notice me..." 

 

"Sehun, please," I said, or more like begged desperately, "I can't concentrate on typing. I need to update today. I don't want to disappoint my readers." 

 

"Why do you always try to make them happy when all they comment on your story is update soon author-nim?" Ouch, Sehun asked so honestly, and I honestly had an urge to slap his face and pull his nose.

 

I ended up just opening my mouth, unable to defend myself. Somehow, it felt like he was telling that my stories are no good and bore people. 

 

"I mean," Sehun continued, grinning, "Ignore me. I'm just jealous, haha! Go Lulu, I love your stories! Update soon, author-nim!" Sehun tried to cheer me up, giving me a two thumbs up. Didn't work. I averted my eyes from him and went back to typing. 

 

Sehun felt bad after that. He went out and bought me something to eat. He left a sandwich from Subway and a hot coffee from Starbucks on the side of my computer table and then he headed to the living room to give me the space I wanted - the space I deserved. 

 

No, Sehun wasn't my boyfriend at that time. He was just a friend. We took the same classes. 

We have the same part-time jobs, same workplace, same time and all that. We see each other everyday. When it's our day off, he'd visit me at home - or more like, pester me while I'm typing.

 

"Hey, Luhan, you should really take a break, your eyes are so red!" A pouting Sehun said while ruffling my hair as if I was an abandoned puppy or something like that, but with just one faint smile from me, he stopped. "I- I- I," he stuttered, "I made you a toasted sandwich with egg mayo! I'll wait for you in your kitchen!" He dashed outside immediately.

 

"Why does he look so scared?" I sighed and continued typing anyway, deciding to myself that I'd just eat after adding 500 more words in the story. Which took me another hour to finish. Sehun came back with the bread and coffee on a tray instead. "You didn't have to bring that here, I'm almost done," I told him. 

 

"You look like you don't wanna stop though," Sehun said sadly, placing the tray on the bedside table before sitting on my bed and looking back at me, "I know I know. Your readers are more important, but Luhan, I'd really love it - your readers would really love it if you eat first and be healthy. Nobody wants to have an author that they like to be sick." 

 

"I'm not sick though." 

 

"But you will be if you continue doing that." 

 

"Fine, I'm going to eat first," I gave up and rolled my chair towards the bedside table then I grabbed the sandwich and ate it gradually.

 

"How is it? Is the egg mayo good?" Sehun asked, like a puppy waiting to be picked up. 

 

I looked at him and my lips before humming, "Mm yeah. Good."

 

"You have something on your lips," he mumbled as he pulled my rolling chair towards him. Suddenly, he placed his thumb over my lips to wipe something off, making me flinch, "For your information, I'm not copying that scene from your story..." 

 

"I just typed this scene," I whispered a little loud, "Kai wiped the ketchup off of Kyungsoo's lips and you're doing it to me, ." 

 

"Hey Lu," Sehun called, smiling even though I called him an , "Don't you wanna try being in a real love story with me? I will make all your dreams come true..." I couldn't say a word to him, I almost drooled in awe as he continued, "I can make your life be filled with rainbows and make you feel like you're in a fairytale movie. I will even make you feel like a princess, if you just let me be your prince. I'll make you believe that reality is better than your dreams, if you just let me. Just try it, Lu, try opening your heart to someone who actually exist, to someone who's already in front of you, to someone like me. I can give you a happy ending that never ends." 

 

"......" I didn't know what to say. 

 

That day, I ended up typing Sehun's appalling words in my story, as the main hero Kai confessed his feelings to the doe eyed boy, Kyungsoo.

 

But I didn't reply to Sehun. 

 

 

Sure, Sehun wasn't just one of my friends. He was a special friend. He knows some of my secrets. Secrets that I never let anyone else know. He knows them because I trust him. 

 

Me being a author called 'HiIAmDeerLuluTea' on Asianfanfics (AFF) is one of my secret identity that only he knows. The fact that I read (Boy to Boy), , and whatnots, Sehun also knows that, and my mother doesn't know that. She thinks I'm against homos. I don't know why I told Sehun about that embarrassing secret, but I don't regret it one bit. 

 

Sehun knows that I'm gay, but not showy. Sehun never told me directly that he's gay too, but he told me that he likes me and he was glad to know that I'm gay, pretending to be manly.

 

Sehun knows that when I'm happy, I write happy fics. 

 

When I'm sad and depressed, I write angst fics. 

 

When I'm , I write Rated M fics.

 

Sehun knows that I struggle in English, he knows that I'm a dreamer, a hopeless romantic person and a man who's ashamed of his accent.

 

And Sehun accepted me for who I am. 

 

Even when I clearly told him that I didn't feel the same way for him. 

 

Even when I never replied to his I love you's. 

 

Even when I made it clear that our 'friendship' was purely platonic. Nothing more. 

 

Sehun had always been so good to me. Actually, he's too good. He's everything anyone could wish for. He could be the perfect Mr. Right.

 

He's a guy who doesn't get tired saying  'I love you', and making you feel it everyday. He's a guy who doesn't give up just because you're ignoring him, or his direct messeges on Instagram or WeChat. 

 

He's a guy who would respect your decision and support you all the way. He's the kind of guy who would say good comments about the novel you've written even though you think it and it bores people to death. He's an annoying guy, because he won't listen to you if you tell him to stop pursuing you. He's a stubborn guy because he doesn't want to give up on you, even when you're practically begging him. He's the kind of guy who gets sad because of your frank words, but would still say 'I love you' everyday, when he wakes up and before he sleeps. He's that kind of guy. 

 

Meanwhile, I am - was the kind of guy whose just crazily engrossed with writing childish fanfics, too much that I had forgotten to enjoy life outside AFF, too much that I didn't realize how much I missed being in a real love story, and how Sehun's presence suddenly became a need to me. 

 

Everything seemed fine between us, nothing awkward happened in the following days that followed. He was still the same, and I was

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter