Last

Blue Suit

It was on weekend night.

I should have been in the dreamland right now, but…

“Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!!!!!!!! WHAT IS THIS?????????!!!!!” a roommate of mine screamed on top of her lungs which made two of us including me which lying on the bed and in the middle of happy dreamland woke up.

“What is it up to you girl???” another roommate of mine which was so focus on her revision a second ago asked her, looking somehow pissed. Maybe, because she just made her favourite chocolate drink spilled all over the study table.

“Tao’s at London Fashion Week!!! Oh my god. Oh my god. Oh my god!” she was pathetically doing that annoying girly heavy breathing act.

“Seriously? That’s sick,” the latter went to her which holding onto her smartphone as tightly as if her life depended on it.

“Oh my, is he wearing Versace clothing? Girl, I’d really love Versace! I can’t believe he actually wear them one day! Damn, he looks hot!” the latter complimented.

Great, now I have two screaming es in the room.

I had no other way to continue my sleep with such situation as I am a sensitive person when I was sleeping, so, I just woke up eventually. I grabbed my toiletries and had to go to toilet. I don’t care as long as I’m out from these hooligans. Then, my roommate came up front of me excitedly.

“Lucy! Check it out my darling! Isn’t he handsome?” she was still half screaming while shoving her phone to my face to show the picture.

“How’s it? Handsome, right?” she asked and waiting for me to reply with his puppy eyes.

He was wearing a completely electric blue suit with matching shirt and pants. He also had those blue contact lens and black leather shoes as complement to his style for the night.

“Come on, say something,” she was still waiting for my answer.

I sighed. What a pain.

“He looks great,” that’s all I said, short and simple. Then I quickly got myself away from the screaming duo in the room.

At last! My insides screamed. It was hard to live alongside with someone who also loves the same bias as yours.

I know it may sound stupid and silly, but I don’t share my bias with anyone. Moreover, mine was real one. Yes. I like, love, adore, idolise Tao. Huang Zi Tao. But living in the same room who also loves him, just gives me the pain in the . Seriously, she was like soooo amateur.

About the London Fashion Week, I actually have known about it earlier – actually, a WEEK earlier.

When will he departed from China to London. What he will be going to wear for his next photo shoot.  Where his photo shoot will be at. Where was the show going to be.

And I also have known what he was going to wear to that fashion show.

How did I know it? Well, I did say that I have a REAL bias beforehand right?

I was on my way to the toilet which situated at the very end of the block. Due to the long path to reach the destination, I always caught myself drowning into my own fantasy.

Truthfully saying, he really looked dashing in those complete set blue suit. I never thought that image of him wearing those suit would kill me. He was just perfect for it. Alongside with his pale make up and blue contact lens, he looked like a merged of vampire prince character out of a fantasy comic books – the one that you would be willingly offered your neck to. Damn, why I didn’t look closely to the picture just now.

As I was busy fantasizing him, I was already nearby the toilet. As I was about to turn to the last corner which will lead me into the toilet, I vaguely saw someone was staring at me from far – a guy, probably. He was wearing all black from head to top with a cap. Suddenly, I felt a bit scared.

It was a bit late middle in night. Just a few days ago, my college just released warning about increment in cases and told us to beware all the times even around the hostel grounds.

Oh great! I didn’t wear my spectacles right now. How on earth I would see this mysterious person clearly right now? F**k my short-sightedness.

What am I going to do now? Turn around to that hellish room? It’s already too far. Yeah, f**k my end of corridor toilet. I have no other way instead running straight to the toilet and quickly shut and locked the door – the one and only way.

Suddenly, that mysterious guy began to approach me. Oh no! I screamed inside. I am not going to sacrifice my ity to some psychotic moron. Not a chance!

I tried to pick up my speed towards the toilet. That guy still following me without a doubt or fear. Man, what a courageous psychopath.  I felt like he was too close to me as if I could hear in distance his breathing just behind me. At that moment I just sprinted into the toilet without looking right or left. I even threw away my toiletries onto the floors and I don’t give a about it. I just need to save myself – quickly!

As soon as my feet reach into the toilet, I quickly turned around to shut the door. However, that guy managed to block the door and was too strong for a frail defenseless girl like me. Plus, he was tall. His face, I can’t see it due to his cap, big sunglasses and mask which covers almost his face. He pulled my hands which was pushing the doorknob and managed to get inside, on the same time, shutting and locking the doors in one swift.

In a split second, I was already in his embrace, a tight one. One of his hands which were covered with leather hand gloves cupping my mouth shut – preventing me from shouting and the other one was locking both my hands securely.

I tried to struggle myself out. I was too panicked. I tried everything I could but it failed miserably. As my thought began to imagine the entire worst case scenario might end up to me, a voice just blurt out to me, a recognizable one.

“Lucy! Calm down! It’s me!” the guy said.

I opened my eyes slowly and tried to remember whose voice was that. He began to lose the grip as I was less squirming. I turned and faced that attacker as he began to revel himself to me – removing his cap, sunglasses and mask in order.

After the revealing, Lucy face which was initially terrified and scared turned to annoyed and shirty very quick.

“You!!!!” I shouted to him. The guy just place his point finger to his lips signaling me to lower the voice. Na’ah! I don’t care. How dare he just came in attack me like a random crazy maniac?

“You crazy, psychotic, bastard, Panda!” I started to hit him mercilessly.

 “Hey, hey. Cut it down. People might be hearing you,” he tried to block my feisty punches.

“Okay…” I stopped hitting him.

“But, can you AT LEAST inform me before attacking me like a psychopath?” I gave a sharp kick to Tao’s shin and that made him crouched to floor in agony. Serve you right! I had this victory smug face on me with both of my arms folded to body.

“Sorry babe. I was on rush,” Tao tried to get up and get me, perhaps trying to persuade me to forgive him.

“I just want to take a short stop at your place. All those fashion shows, interviews, the after party, I wish I could just skip all those and run to you,” he explained again and tried to make me faced him. Even though he successfully turned me around to him, I still looked away from him, sulking.

“Lucy, I’m so sorry. I really mean it,” Tao tried his best to apologize.

He sighed as I still didn’t facing to him.

Duipuchi,” he tried again, in his native language which was my weakness.

No. You’re not going to speak in Mandarin.

Wo zhende duipuchi, wo de ke’ai maomao,

Stop, stop, and stop, STOP IT HUANG ZI TAO!

Then, his ultimate weapon to defeat my ego – HIS “MEMEDA” CUTENESS!

Duipuchi Lucy, Memeda~~

Gahhhhh! I’m dead, officially.

How did this man could transverse from a hot stylish manly guy to cute innocent (well, not so innocent) looking panda bear?

Noticing the cherry redness on my cheeks, this time, he was the one grinning in victory. I felt so dumbfounded and didn’t know what to do next.

“W-w-wh-what are you smiling for? Y-y-you think, you have won this?” gosh, I looked so stupid. What did I even try to talk about?

Tao just crashed me with his warm bear hug and I just let him be.

Wo xiang ni, baobei,” he whispered through my left earlobe in his deep voice. I’m so in love with his deep voice especially when he speaks in his native language.

I just smiled and answered back, “Wo ye xiang ni,

“Did you see me?” he asked.

“Where?” I asked him back.

“The fashion show,” he replied. “Did you see me in that suit last night?”

“M’hmm,”

“You like it? It’s your favourite colour, right?”

He knew it. My cheeks began to burn once again.

“You literally look good in anything you wear, Tao,” I tried to not sound too impressed though I was drowning in my own feeling just minutes ago.

“That’s not how my baobei compliment me. Are you still annoyed with me?” he sounded worried.

“I’m just tired. Tired living in shadows,” I uttered.

Yea. It was tiring for me to keep the secret of our relationship. Furthermore, I’m living among the HaiLangs – my roommates. If one of them knew about this, I would get killed.

"I'm really sorry for making you going through all these, baobei. But, we've promise haven't we?..." Tao said before he added more.

"...that we'll always be there for each other.." and I added, "...no matter when and where, always," my eyes started to become teary as I remember the promise made when we were going to be serious in our relationship.

"Don't cry anymore, okay? You really don't want to see me crying too right, baobei?" he coaxed me.

"I'm not crying! It just something wrong with the toilet air freshener in here, it's too pungent," I lied, horribly.

Tao ended up giggling after hearing my lame excuses and wrapped me in his beary hug again.

 

We stayed like that for a couple minutes until someone knocked the door.

 

“Hello? Is there anybody in there? Can you open the door please? I really had to “go” urgently right now,”

Oh no. There’s someone outside wanted to enter the toilet. We were quite panicked after hearing her voice. Then I had an idea popped up. I’ll let Tao hide in one of the toilet cubicles and let that distress girl entered the toilet to finish her business. I was struggling to hide this tall giant in a cubicle as he was non-stop questioning why he had to hide in that place and etc etc.

After hiding him in first cubicle, I let the girl in. Firstly, she asked me why I locked the toilet up from inside. I lied to her that I just saw a crazy dog came into the building and ran straight into the toilet and locked it. Well, she wasn’t really paying attention to me as she was look so “urgent”. So, she was like, “Okay, okay,” and went into the third cubicle.

As soon she got in, I got Tao out from the cubicle and out from the toilet quickly and silently. Before that, I had monitored the surroundings and it was cleared.

“You better leave now before another girl came or the girl inside finish,” I murmured to him.

“But, I just get here,” he murmured back somehow sounded a bit disappointed and it broke my heart hearing those.

“Just go. I can’t let people know you are here. You’re going to be in trouble,” I tried to reason with him. He still looked like he didn’t want to leave me.

“I promise you I’ll be back to China during the mid-semester break, okay?” I tried offering him.

With a long sigh, Tao agreed to my offer and began to leave the scene quietly.

After that I began to pick up my toiletries on the floor just in front the toilet. As I thought Tao already leaving the scene, he wasn’t! He was trying to help me picking the toiletries too but that didn’t last long as I smacked his head with the small pail.

“JUST GO HUANG ZI TAO!” I was still trying to keep the low voice. Dealing with this man also need quiet a lot of patience, as if I was dealing with a child.

He then, brushed off his head where I had smacked it before and went directly towards me to naughtily leave a peck on my right cheek. What a mischievous kid.

“See ya, Maomao!” he murmured those last words before leaving the scene in a black sedan car which was parked at the lobby of the hostel.

Seeing the black sedan leaving swiftly the lobby made my heart ached. Just seconds ago I was in his hug, then he already gone in a matter of second.

However, it's kinda relief as I could release all these longing and miss of that Panda boy after meeting him. Even though it was a really short one.

"Wo ai ni Huang Zi Tao,"