29 February

Leap Year
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

N Seoul Tower, Rooftop terrece - Locks of love, 29 February 2004, 6:00 PM

Jihyo were happy that finally she had a chance to celebrate her birthday at the most place she want to go since she was a little girl. All this while she just heard from her friend about the place but after she had a job and afford to go to Seoul, she choose to go at her birthday day.

If their car were not involved at the accident, this was her second time celebrate at the N tower.

~~~~~~~

Flashback 26 February 1992

Jihyo were sleeping on their way to Seoul. Her parent told her that they are going to Seoul to visit her Auntie who were hospitalized at Seoul Hospital. But it's just a fake reason from her father who want to give her a surprise on her birthday by bring her to the Namsan Tower.

When she was awake, she found her grandmother were sit beside her. "Jihyo-ya... finally you awake... aigoooo... pity little girl.." her grandmother said in sob.

"Halmoeni.. where am I? where Abeoji and eomoni?" Jihyo ask.

"Jihyo-ya... your parents were now rest in heaven... just pray for them okay.." Her grandmother said with teary eyes. Jihyo face were blank heard what her grandmother just said. She was so little to understand.

Beside her bed there was a boy who broke his leg. He was so arrogant. Jihyo were smiling to him but she received a merong look from the boy. "yah... what is your name?" Jihyo ask.

"why should I tell you my name? I even don't know who you are.." the boy said.

"I'm Jihyo.. Song Jihyo. Now you know my name. Tell me yours.."

"Blueekkk.... i did not ask your name either.." the boy said and roll his eyes.

At night, Jihyo heard some noise. She see the boy try to reach the glass but he can't make it. Then Jihyo woke up from her bed and help the boy filling his glass with water. "Your water." Jihyo said and give the glass fill with water to the boy. She was about to going back to her bed when suddenly the boy said, "it's Kim Jongkook"

"What?" Jihyo ask because she didn't understand.

"My name is Kim Jongkook. Sorry for my behaviour at you this morning. I don't know how to make friend. Sorry again"

"Owhh... it's okay. see you tomorrow morning. Have a good sleep Kookie-Oppa... Good night." Jihyo said.

"errr... Good night.." Jongkook said. "Kookie? Oppa? hmmmm..." Jongkook talk to himself.

Morning.

"Good morning Kookie-Oppa..." Jihyo said cheerfully. Jongkook rub his eyes when he heard Jihyo cheerful voice.

"owhh..you are a morning person. Good morning Jihyo-ya.."

"Oppa.. today is my birthday and also I will go out from this ward. My condition of health was impressive the Doctor Ajusshi told me. I'm waiting my Halmoeni."

"Owh.. really! Good for you and... happy birthday." Jongkook said. "I thought I will make a friend with you.." Jongkook inner said.

"i thought I could ask my parents to celebrate my birthday at Namsan Tower... but looks like I have to celebrate my birthday on my own now... (-__-)" Jihyo said. Jongkook just heard and tap her shoulder.

 ~~~~~~~

"Eomoeni.... Abeoji.... wish you were here with me.... I miss you both...." Jihyo hold their family picture and a tear roll down her cheek.

 

At that time, a man were looking at her from the moment she arrived at the N tower. "That girl.... looks familiar. Where did I meet her? Why she was crying? hmmmm.... maybe she had been dumped by her boyfriend." Jongkook thought. "it's been 12 years.. a girl name Song Jihyo were lingerd in my mind. I never failed think about her even in one day. Where are you Jihyo-ya? Can we meet again?" Jongkook said to himself while watching Seoul scenery at night.

Because it was a night time, Jongkook can see the girl without she notice it. He keep looking at her and sometime he feel hurt when he sees the tear roll on the girl cheek. He decided to make a step to sooth the girl.

"Excuse me agashi... may I know where I can buy lock here?" Jongkook ask the girl.

When Jihyo heard she was being ask, she rub her tear and point at the booth sell lock, "There..."

"Thanks..." Jongkook said and go to the booth. After he buy the lock and crave J ♡ J at the lock, he put the lock inside his bag. Then he buy rice cake at the nearer booth and bring it then sit beside the girl.

"Agashi... thanks for your direction. Here... eat some rice cake" Jongkook said and show the plastic fill with rice cakes.

"thanks... here a can of soju for you."Jihyo said and give a can of soju to him.

"Actually I just drink it if there is some occassion.... but I can exclude it for today..." Jongkook said. They watching Seoul night scenery silently. Both of them munching the rice cake and their mouth were smear by the rice cake. Jongkook saw it and hold Jihyo hand to clean it. After that.. Jihyo did the same thing but it did not clean. He let go Jongkook hand and use her own hand to clean it. Jihyo was so attracted at Jongkook thin lips then suddenly she peck on his lips. They both startled but Jongkook also make a quick peck on Jihyo lips.

"Oh heart... why did you beat this fast?" Jihyo said to herself.

"Omo... what have I done? I kiss someone I just met and didn't even know her name...but why my heart beating this fast?..." Jongkook said to himself.

Jongkook dig his hand inside the plastic looking for some rice cake and he found it already empty. "my mother was right..." Jongkook said and Jihyo give an attention to him. "pretty girl really have a good appetite." he said and chuckle.

"owhhh... Sorry..." Jihyo smile. (^__^)

After spending 30 minutes, Jihyo excuse herself to going home. "I'm going home..."

"Owhh... where you live? I can send you home..." Jongkook said politely.

"it's okay... I'm going to catch a bus... it was near here..." Jihyo said.

"at least, let me send you to the bus stop." Jongkook said and smile.

"Ne...." Jihyo said and reply his smile.

 

On their way to the bus stop both of them being silent and at their own world.

"his lips...feels so right to be kissed. Why I kiss him in a first place anyway? I just meet him... Oh...Kookie-Oppa, where are you? Did you still remember me? I kept thinking about you for this past year. But when I with this guy... I forget about you... Mianhe Kookie-Oppa...." Jihyo talk to herself.

"her lips feel so good. I'm sorry Jihyo-yah... where are you? please come to me before I fall at the girl infront of me... pleaseeee...." Jongkook talk to himself.

"we are here.... Oh.. my bus..." Jihyo said make Jongkook come to his sense. Jongkook wait for Jihyo and see her sitting beside windows and the bus start to move. Then, Jongkook just remember he didn't ask her name yet.

"Agashi.... what is your name?" He said a bit loud and run beside the bus.

"Jihyo... Song Jihyo....." She answer loudly to make sure Jongkook hear her name.

Jongkook froze at his spot when he heard the name and he murmured Jihyo name. "Jihyo?... Song Jihyo? is she my Song Jihyo?" Jongkook then realize and run to catch up the bus. "Jihyo-yah.... Happy birthday!!!" He said loudly and stop his run when he out of breath.

"how did he know today was my birthday?" Jihyo said to herself.

"I found my Jihyo!!! I found my Jihyo!!!! Jihyo-yaaahhhhhh!!!!" Jongkook yell Jihyo name at the middle of the road. Then someone call him.

"Hyung.... why you scream in the middle of the road?" Kwangsoo ask.

"I found my Jihyo, kwangsoo-ya..." Jongkook answer with a wide smile.

"Oh..congratulation Hyung... the girl you keep mention.. So... where is she now?" Kwangsoo ask.

"she was going home..." Jongkook said with smile all over his face while stroll along the road with Kwangsoo.

"When are you going to meet again?" Kwangsoo ask.

"You have so many question Kwangsoo-ya... I did not ask her. I just know it was her when she say her name.."

"So... ask her Hyung... You had been waiting her for a long time..."

"I don't have her number.."

"her address?" Kwangsoo keep asking.

"I didn't know either..."

"waahhhh...Hyung. Why you wasting your chance?"

"I forget about it.. I just feel really happy when I was found her." Jongkook said with a sour face.

"and you lost her...again..." Kwangsoo said.

~~~~~~~

N Seoul Tower, Locks of love, 6:00 PM - 29 February 2008

Jihyo was here again to celebrate her birthday. This time, she wish she would found her Kookie-Oppa.

~~~~~~~

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter