Reflection: a Suho/D.O. fic exchange

[ad] Reflection I: a Suho/D.O. fic exchange

 

tumblr_o2imsgcJWk1rx85x1o1_1280.jpg

 

 

 

⭐️ INTRODUCTION ⭐️

Reflection is the second fic exchange for EXO's Suho/D.O. Due to unfortunate circumstances, the first fic exchange for this pairing, capsandpizzas closed down. However, we mods would like to continue bringing forth more fluffy sudi love to this world, despite a lack of a more permanent otp name! (•ˆ⌣ˆ•)

Reflection got its name from the composition entitled "Reflection I" by Song Kwangsik. It is the piece in Suho and D.O.'s teaser, which was released on February 14, 2012.

 

 

⭐️ MECHANICS ⭐️

 

  1. Interested writers will submit a sign-up form. This includes the writer's preferences and their desired prompts. A confirmation email will be sent to verify the participation of the writer.
  2. Writers will be notified about their fic assignments once the prompts have been disseminated.
  3. Writers will be given roughly two (2) months to work on their fic, with two (2) check-ins along the way. The minimum word count for each fic is at 1,500 words.
  4. On the deadline, writers will submit their finished work (more details to follow). The anonymous works will then be posted on the community.
  5. A big reveal on May 22—Junmyeon's birthday!—will be held, wherein the fics' respective authors will finally be named.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

⭐️ RULES ⭐️

 

  1. This is a Suho/D.O. fic exchange. The main pairing MUST be Suho/D.O. OT3s and above involving them are not allowed. Other side pairings are welcome, given that the main focus of the fic is still Suho/D.O.
  2. This is an exchange, meaning that it operates on a 1:1 writer-recipient ratio. Dropping out is highly discouraged, but if it is inevitable, please inform the mods on or before the drop-out deadline. Any notice of dropping out later than that will result in a penalty.
  3. When prompting, please make sure that you give your writer breathing room! Make sure that it isn't too vague nor specific. Example:

    TOO VAGUE: Suho and D.O. are soulmates.
    TOO SPECIFIC: Suho and D.O. are high school students in Seoul High who are coincidentally childhood friends and soulmates. They both don't know that they are destined for each other, and date other people to look for their (supposed) soulmates. Suho ends up in a serious relationship with a girl, much to D.O.'s dismay. They fight and make up in the park on a winter day, get married after a timeskip, and live happily ever after with two dogs and a downtown flat.
    JUST RIGHT: Suho and D.O. are soulmates, but are unaware of it. They try to date others to find their other half, never considering the other to be the one.
     
  4. Deadlines will be strictly implemented. If you need an extension, just inform the mods at least a day before the deadline. We'd be happy to give you a few days or so.
  5. The use of betas are allowed and are highly encouraged, as long as they are not joining the fic exchange as well. This ensures the anonymity of the writer.
  6. Anonymity until reveals is strictly implemented. Please do not post anything regarding your work on any social networking site so as to maintain the spirit of the exchange. (And yes, we'll know.) Furthermore, cross-posting is only allowed AFTER reveals.
  7. Plagiarism is strictly prohibited, no matter what form. Once caught and proven, the user will be banned from future events, as well as reported for their crime.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

⭐️ FAQs ⭐️


Q: I want to join, but I only have a non-LJ writing account! Can I still participate?

A: Of course! This fic exchange is open to everyone.

 

Q: What if I don't have a writing account?

A: We don't see any problem with that, apart from the fact that you can't cross-post it somewhere. Just put in the writing account username part a link to where we'd credit your work.

 

 

Q: May we include former members/non-EXO members?

A: Yes, as long as the main pairing is still Suho/D.O.

 

Q: I have a question about the prompts that I received. How can I contact my recipient?

A: Send us an email with the subject PROMPT INQUIRY, and we'd relay your questions to your recipient. Once we get a reply, we'll get right back to you!

 

Q: I don't like the prompts I've gotten. :(

A: :( We tried our best to match everyone according to their preferences. We also took into consideration the triggers that each person mentioned, so as to not make anyone uncomfortable. Just take this as a challenge! :)

 

Q: Do I have to write just one prompt, or can I write multiple fics/combine the prompts?

A: The world (and your assigned prompts) is your oyster! Do what you want with them, as long as a) you can actually produce multiple fics, and b) you respect the dislikes of your recipient.

 

Q: What are check-ins? What do we do?

A: They're our way of knowing that things are pretty okay on your side. More details will be released a few days before each check-in day!

 

Q: I want to prompt, but I don't want to join. Can I do that?

A: As of this round, no. We're operating on a 1:1 ratio, and there will be a high possibility that your prompt might not be accommodated. We'll see in the next round. ;)

 

Q: I'd love to help. Can I join as a beta/pinch-hitter?

A: Yes, you can! Send us an email (no format needed) and we'll get in touch with you if we need your services. Please just remember that you might be called at the last minute, or not at all.

 

Q: Where can I contact you?
A: We're always on Twitter, and we constantly check our email. We'll reply to you as soon as possible. Please be patient!

 

 

⭐️ DATES TO REMEMBER ⭐️

Sign-ups open: Feb 14

Sign-ups close: Mar 10

Release of assignments: Mar 12

Deadline of dropping out: Apr 3

First check-in: Apr 12

Second check-in: May 8

Deadline of submission: May 12

Posting: May 15

Guess who: May 20

Reveals: May 22

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

⭐️ SIGN-UPS ⭐️

Fill up THIS form to sign up for Reflection I! (´▽`)/

As of 02/20/16, we have 6 participants