A Promise From Our Youth

Somewhere Under The Cherry Blossoms

Jungkook and Jimin met under the cherry blossoms. Eyes staring into each other's soul, never looking away for a moment. As if there was a magnetic pull between them. They attracted one another. Jimin and Jungkook were straight but the person standing in front said otherwise. They tried working out a relationship which started off peacefully. Jimin and Jungkook would go on dates. Stealing a peck at each other's lips when no one was looking. Connecting hands under their joint tables in class. Stealing glances at each other during class. Admiring one another's beauty. No knew about their relationship. People would look down on them if they did. It was them against the world. But like all relationships, it has a bad twist in it. Soon, everywhere came to know about their relationship. People shun them, bullied them and threw disgusted glares at them. Through all of those nasty treatments and remarks they were recieving, Jimin and Jungkook still stood strong, refusing to show weakness and fragility. But that was the least of their problems. Jungkook had to move to the city for better education and better options. They kept in contact through social medias and such but school was so hectic that eventually they lost all sense of communication. They eventually broke apart. They went their own seperate ways. Though they were seperated, memories of their time together is still fresh and clear. Their promise under the cherry blossoms was withering like autumn leaves.

Years later, Jimin moved to the city as he was recruited as the new trainee in an entertainment company. He specialised in dance and vocal. And like fate, Jungkook was also one of the trainees. Oh how Jimin missed Jungkook and how Jungkook missed Jimin. At that moment when they saw each other's face for the first time in the practice room, they wanted so much to hug each other and say their sorrys but they didn't. They're afraid of what everyone might think of them. They're afraid that the company might kick them out. They have too much to lose to take such a risk so they hid again. The shadows are where they lurk. Hiding what they have from everyone's view. There were stolen kisses when no one was around. Stolen glances during practice. And under the blankets on their bed, just feeling each other's heart. This is love. A love they share. Their promise was blooming like flowers in spring. 

Years passed and their trainee days were over. They were finally able to debut. Like fate has them wrapped around its fingers, Jimin and Jungkook were debuting together in a 7 membered group under the name Bulletproof Boyscouts or otherwise known as BTS. Both were nervous as they went on to the stage for their debut. Soft cheers were heard. Debuting as an idol used to be just a distant dream for Jimin and Jungkook but now it's reality. They've been preparing their whole life for it to end in a mere 3 minutes. After exiting their stage, they went back to the dorms to rejoice. To celebrate the debut of BTS. Months after months, they released albums and also gain new fans which they call ARMYs. And in those months, they gain popularity and became one of the most popular boy groups. Gaining popularity means more invites for shows and commercials but less time for resting and relaxing. The boys in BTS were all stressed out. Having too many schedules and less time to sleep isn't exactly good for a teen's health. Just like how their resting time was decreasing, Jimin and Jungkook were shifting apart. The stress took a toll on both of them. They were too tired to do the things they did. They can't go on dates like they use to since they were being watched 24/7. And just like that their promise was withering again. It couldn't bloom any further so it started wilting.

A little over a decade passed, BTS disbanded. The members went their own seperate ways and so did Jungkook and Jimin. Their hearts were for each other but the love just wasn't there anymore. They couldn't feel the strong magnetic pull they use to feel anymore. It's like everything they had, had dissolved into thin air like petals drifting through the cold breeze. Eventually, both of them married women and had kids. They were both happy and content with their lives. They both love their wives and kids but once in a while they remembered the time they both use to spend together. How happy they were. Sometimes they both wished they could go back to that time but what's past is past. The future is the only thing a person has to look forward to. The decisions they both made weren't wrong or right, they were just that; decisions. Jungkook will forever be in Jimin's heart while Jimin will be in Jungkook's. Life didn't go the way they wanted and that's how they found themselves, 10 years after BTS had disbanded, under the cherry blossoms. Jimin and Jungkook smiled. Smiles were shared, laughs were heard and 'I love you's were exchanged but there were no regrets eventhough they knew that his was a one time thing. One last time to express their hidden thoughts and feelings from decades ago to the person they truly love. 

 

Jimin and Jungkook met under the cherry blossoms. Love sparked from that moment on

 

Jimin and Jungkook met again decades later, under the cherry blossom to fulfill the promise they shared from their youth.

 


Hi! 

I hope you like it. 

And this is basically word vomit since I wrote everything I had in mind at the moment. Also sorry for the grammar and spelling mistakes. I didn't proofread it.

Thank you for reading <3

Comments are apperciated!