Chapter 1

Racer Meets Their Last Race

In a race you can stop and get your car fix in seconds, but in a street race everything changes. There are no rules in a street race and there is always money involved. I Minjin always win, but other times I get second. I am Jung Minjin I’m one of the most talented racer that there has been, I started racing at the age of 16 and I was taught by one of the best. In the past years I’ve spend almost all my life in the streets, but I’m not those girls who fell into drugs, being a e, or drug dealing. I did on the other hand steal gas it was part of being “in the gang” all the other new kids who come in do this. I’m 23 years-old almost 24 years-old and on the record of me being on the streets I am a .

It is September 17, 2016 it was around 10 o’clock at night it is a bit cold but my energy is keeping me cold. I’m helping around, blocking streets and marking the starting point even though it fades when the actual race starts, but we mark it again. While helping people and telling them where to go I felt a tap on my shoulder, “Minjin Jae is looking for you,” Rose told me while pointing to the direction where he was. I nod and went looking for him, Jae is short for Jaejoong, he is a good friend of mine almost like a bother him and four other friends of mine. I found him by his car preparing the music for the race.

“Jae, you were looking for me?”

“Yes, you know that today is the anniversary of bring street race in these parts of town. I need you to gather 10 racers somewhere around 11 so they can prepare themselves until 12 o’clock.”

“If it’s the anniversary today then why are we racing at midnight?”

“Because Hyung brought the race and started racing at 12. Plus he told everyone this week that the race was going to be that date, don’t you remember you around 11 years-old?”

“I try not to remember those times. Anyways you want me to gather 10 racers and tell them to meet at the starting point at midnight and winner gets all?”

“Yes that is correct but winner doesn’t get all the top three get money and that is all.”

            Went back to helping while I was walking back I already saw racers coming in I gave them a smile to those who made eye contact with me. When telling them where to go and telling them what to get ready someone told me to check on Selena. I nod and walked to an abandon building, Selena is our tec geek. She just turned 22 years-old and she helps us get the police off our backs when we race. As well as ordering car parts, me and a couple of friends have a mechanic shop it comes in handy really plus we don’t need to steal money nor car parts.

            I went in and saw a faint light in the distance, I walked up to the light and I just Selena moving her head to the beat of the music because she had her headphones on. I gave her a tap on the shoulder and I just saw her jump up a little. She turned around and told me, “What the hell Minjin you scared me!”

“Sorry about that. I just came to check on you, it seems you have a busy night?”

“Yeah, the cops found out that someone is making them go to different location then their normal routes.”

“Really then you need to be careful about. What if they find you I don’t need someone else in jail.”

“Don’t worry about it I’m really careful.”

I went out of the abandon building and started to see a couple of races coming in. This is a big event so almost everyone comes across town. It just turned 11 o’clock and Jae told me to recruit the racers around this time. I’m really hoping that they don’t come; they didn’t come last year so that was great. Seems like everyone is setting up, ready for the racer or ready to fight one of those two, but there hasn’t been a fight for a while who knows if they are going to fight. I’m walking down the streets with cars off to the side. On both sides we have all the “gangs” that come and race, and by gangs I mean a group of friends that just get together and fight together. I’m in a gang it is an all-girls group and we are called Flower Gang, I really don’t know why we are called like that Evellin just picked it out for us.

            It is around 11:30 and I’m starting to get the racers and telling them that the race will start at 12 and if they aren’t there they won’t make it. I’m almost done I need two more and I will be done. While talking to my 8th recruiter I heard a yell, “Ya!!! Aren’t you going to ask us if we want to be in the race?”

            Oh no! It is them the group that I didn’t want to come. I turned around and saw this group of five boys with just smirks on their faces. How I really hate those gestures of them.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Authors note: Hi you lovely humans it is me the one and only erson writing this awsome story. Anyways I kow I took forever writing the first chaper but I am in school and all I have to say is it is a pain turst me. Hope you lovely people like the first chapter and please I do accept commens or questions. Please stay tune for the next chapter. Bye you lovely and awsome humans.