Glistening

My Fairytale

For as long as Tzuyu could remember, her dreams at night were all about the same thing, or same person. A fairy, too pretty to even be real, but it felt so real. She had asked her parents several times about the fairy, but they always brushed her off. "It's not real," or "aren't you too old now to be living in la-la-land?"

In her dream, she was surrounded by trees, glistening with dew drops, sparkling under the bright full moon. Stood in front of her was the fairy. Long black hair, flowing in the light wind. Her eyes twinkled just as much as her wings shimmered. She was more beautiful than any other girl she had ever met, and Tzuyu had seen some beautiful girls.

Her dress was pure white, and her smile could shine brighter than the stars in the sky. Tzuyu wanted to know who this fairy was. Her dream would always end the same way. Tzuyu would ask the fairy "what is your name?", and she would always wake up before the fairy could reply. Admitting to herself, she really wished that this girl was hers, to hold in her arms, to wake up to every morning, to kiss her at random and see her smile.

Tzuyu had tried many times to try to locate this fairy, and she always prayed that her dream would become reality. She believed the trees in her dream to be the forest that was at the back of her house. She believed this as her mother had told her that she had gotten lost there one time as a child. It must've been the time she met the fairy.

She was planning to venture into the forest again tonight. It was a full moon, and dew drops glistened exactly like they did in her dream. She felt like it was her only chance to see the fairy again.

The sun slowly fell over the horizon and the skies started to darken. Tzuyu waited for her parents to fall asleep, before slipping on some shoes and sneaking out the door.

Tzuyu had forgotten how hard it was to navigate the forest, as in just a matter of minutes, she was lost..

"It's no use trying to find this fairy if I can't even find where I am myself."

She walked for what seemed like hours. The moon slowly traipsing its way across the sky. Tzuyu gave up. She took a seat against a tall tree, leaning her back into the solid bark. She rested her head in her hands and closed her eyes. She would wait here until morning, so she could see where she was heading and get out of the forest.

"Lost?" A light voice asked.

Tzuyu looked up, slightly dazed and slightly surprised. She couldn't believe her eyes. She stood up quickly, making her head spin. In front of her, was the girl that plagued her dreams.

"Hi, Tzuyu. We've met before, haven't we?"

Tzuyu just nodded, too shocked to even speak. The fairy just smiled.

"Look at you, you look like you've seen a ghost! Or, perhaps a fairy." She laughed angelically.

Tzuyu could feel a blush creeping up her neck. This girl was perfect. Not even her dreams could accurately show how amazing she was. And after everything she had thought about her, holding her, kissing her, it made Tzuyu feel embarrassed and shy.

"I'm sure you have many questions to ask, but you look like you're finding it difficult to even say at least one word... And you're blushing like crazy... That isn't because of me by any chance?"

"I--I.... Y-You're beautiful..." Tzuyu spurted out, quickly covering with her hand.

"You didn'y act this way when we first met," the fairy smiled, "but you were much younger than you are now."

Tzuyu took a deep breath, hoping to aim for some coherent sentences.

"I don't want this to be a dream, and I don't want this moment to end, but," Tzuyu took another deep breath and closed her eyes, "what is your name?"

The air around Tzuyu stilled. The calming rustle of the trees silenced and she prayed and hoped that she wasn't back at home, in her quilted bed, with the sun shining through. 

She opened her eyes.

"My name is Nayeon."