He's Just A Friend, Isn't He?

He's Not A Troll, and I'm Not A Goddess

Gyuri was restless in her bed. She was tired as hell, but she couldn't close her eyes.

"Damnit, Gyuri-ah. Why you can be more attentive and caring to him?", she cursed to herself.

She rewinded the incident that happened only 2 hours earlier.

"Loser", Eunhyuk said while forcing a fake smile.

"....Well, that's just a show right? We only act out what the script said. Chillax, not a big deal", Gyuri said half-heartedly. That wasn't what she wanted to say. What she want to say is, “Loser is them, Oppa. Not you. You are like most of your fans say, Jewel. You are the precious thing that I treasure a lot.”. God, how Gyuri wished to say that out loud. But something in herself restrained her. “What a prude”, she whispers to herself.

“Who?”, asked Jiyoung.

“No one.”, Gyuri said calmly.

“Onnie, why you’re not sleeping yet? I thought you are exhausted with this today schedule?”, Jiyoung asked.

“I can’t”, Gyuri said while taking coat and headed outside.

“Where are you going?”, Jiyoung asked.

“Somewhere.”, Gyuri said, with that she already heading out from the dorm. She just wanted to go somewhere to cool herself.

She played back the earlier incident….The Laptop monitor…The harsh comments…Eunhyuk clumsy smile.

*flashback*

“Yeah, it’s just an act”, Eunhyuk said.

“Then, you should cheer up. After all, you are far from Loser-title. You are Super Junior’s Eunhyuk!”, Gyuri said.

“Only…Super Junior…Eunhyuk”, Eunhyuk said, almost like a whisper. His eyes seem gloomy.

“Yes, Super Junior.”, Gyuri said. She felt weird with Eunhyuk’s sudden gloomy expression. I already cheered him up, aren’t I? Gyuri thought.

“Gyuri-ah…”, Eunhyuk said, there was an awkward silence. He stared straight through Gyuri’s eyes. Gyuri felt awkward, and there it was, strange feelings in her stomach. It was strange, the stare, the tone of his voice. It was like…Eunhyuk is aching for her.

“God, that eyes, that beautiful single-lid eyes.”, Gyuri thought. But then, she hushed that thought and said to Eunhyuk, “What is it, Sunbae?”.

Eunhyuk startled, and he turned his gaze away from Gyuri.

“Gyuri onnie, there you are! Manager oppa is waiting for us. Hi, Eunhyuk sunbae!”, said Jiyoung.

“Sunbae, what do you want to say?”, Gyuri asked, still curious why Eunhyuk said her name with that almost-lover like tone.

“No, nothing. I just want to say, thanks for cheer me up! You better get going”, Eunhyuk said.

“Let’s go onnie! See you later, Eunhyuk sunbae”, said Jiyoung while grabbed Gyuri’s arm.

Gyuri didn’t even said goodbye. And she didn’t know and didn’t even look at Eunhyuk’s almost teary-eyed.

“I should have known…I’m just nothing but his friend”, Eunhyuk whisper while seeing how Gyuri go faraway from him. In inside, Eunhyuk wished that Gyuri could stay and comfort him. Although she wasn’t good at cheered things up. Eunhyuk smiled.

Gyuri saw Eunhyuk from distance. How she wished she stayed by his side and told him it’s okay. Like how he cheered him up when she was in trouble. When she get bashed by netizens because of her cocky attitude.

*end of flashback*

Thinking about the earlier incident, Gyuri just mad at herself and of course at the netizens who posted up the troll comment.

“Netizens are so annoying”, she said to herself. After wandered around, Gyuri spotted PC-Bang (a kind of cyber café). She zip it out her coat so her face was hidden and then entered the PC-Bang. She picked the corner room.

Well, they have PC and broadband internet in KARA’s dorm. It’s just there are no privacy, Jiyoung always glued at Gyuri. It seems like Gyuri almost like a mother to her. Well, maybe she is. She is the leader after all. Jiyoung is childish, lovable, cute and her smiles are worth to die for. After all, she’s the maknae.

Everytime thinking about how she loved Jiyoung, Gyuri also think about how she loved Eunhyuk. Why she cared about him, why she didn’t want Eunhyuk get hurt.

“Yes, he’s just a friend and respectable Sunbae. I like him because of his personality is similar to Jiyoung. There’s no way I like him. After all, he’s not my type. I like masculine, and strong personality man. He’s so childish and so warm. No, he’s just a friend, isn’t he?”, Gyuri thought.

Gyuri already settled in front of PC. These activities are one of her routines. It’s a way to vent out her emotions. Fangirling at Eunhyuk’s daum. LOL, if her members find out her hobbies, they will always . There is now way Gyuri let her members, let alone other people to know that she likes to fangirling over Eunhyuk.

Gyuri is known for her exclusive attitude, her confident, her almost diva-ish style. That’s why people labeled her as “Goddess”. But to herself, she thinks that she is no goddess. She’s just a human. Imperfection, there is.

Gyuri opened the Daum. She’s just like possessed. She typed fast, and comments a lot in every section.

“Eunhyuk oppa is cool~~~”

“He’s a dancing machine…How can he move like that?”

“Jewel Eunhyuk~~ So precious!”

 

But to her surprise, when in the same article where Eunyuk was labeled as troll. In Daum, it was Gyuri who get bashed.

 

“Who do she think she is?”

“She’s a stuck up! I hate her!”

“Eunhyuk oppa is mine!”

 

Gyuri didn’t care about “Stuck up..Cocky..Boring” comments. But she was mad when she saw “Eunhyuk oppa is mine!”. She felt jealous.

“Wait, what?? Jealous. Yeah right, Gyuri. But, why?”, Gyuri felt confused. She always felt like this when saw comments like that. Anger, mad.

“Good God, I came here to vent out my emotions. Not to get angry”, Gyuri said. Without she realize, she already replied the poster.

“No!!! Eunhyuk oppa is mine!!! Mine!! Mine!!”, Gyuri pressed enter. When the comments already uploaded. She was taken aback. “God, what I was doing? Mine? Oppa??”.

“I better go home. Maybe I’m too tired”, Gyuri said to herself.

“Beep!”…Gyuri looked at her cellphone. A message! From PreciousJewel. It’s Eunhyuk name in her contacts.

Gyuri smiled but then felt nervous. She opened the text, “I never thought I met a goddess in PC-bang”.

“What the hell”, Gyuri thought. “Did he send me a wrong text? And why would I care if he met a goddess. I don’t care. No, I cared. In fact I’m jealous.”, Gyuri put her cellphones back to her pocket. She didn’t reply Eunhyuk.

 

“Beep!”…”Why don’t you reply? I felt so alone”.

 

Gyuri still didn’t reply. “Alone? Then why don’t you ask the goddess out?”, she tought to herself while pouting . “I still need to distress myself, maybe later, I’ll go back to dorm”, Gyuri tought again while open a number of Eunhyuk’s DC gallery (fanclub gallery). She smiled to herself while busy commenting in each one of Eunhyuk’s pictures.

 

“Beep!”…”Are you PMS-ing?”, again a strange text from Eunhyuk. Gyuri don’t reply, and continue to spazz in Eunhyuk’s DC gallery.

 

“Beep!”…”You look cute when you pout ^^”.

 

“Did he take some weird medicines?”, Gyuri tought to herself, and decided to reply, “Sunbae, you might be send this texts to wrong person. Are you okay?”.

 

“Beep!”…”You really look concerned..But you still look cute, or should I say beautiful? I’m okay, Gyuri-ah”

 

Gyuri didn’t reply the text but she felt relieved when she knew Eunhyuk was okay.

 

“Beep!”…“You seem so busy, what are you doing?”

 

Gyuri didn’t reply. She continued her spazzing.

 

“Eunhyuk oppa so cute XD. He’s so handsome. Eunhyuk oppa is mine!! Let me be your girlfriend~~”

 

“What are you doing?”, asked one familiar voice.

 

Gyuri’s heart stopped. Please don’t tell me. Gyuri see that person. Lee Hyukjae…no Eunhyuk oppa. He’s here, in front of me. God, he’s really cute, no he’s really beautiful.

 

Gyuri is drowned in her mind. While Eunhyuk watched her from outside the PC-box.

 

“Gyuri-ah, what are you doing? You seemed so serious”, Eunhyuk then suddenly enter the PC-box and sit down next to Gyuri.

 

Gyuri was caught off-guard. She didn’t have the time to close the tabs.

 

“Eunhyuk oppa so cute. I like you oppa, really really like…Oppa is mine..Let me be your girl..”, Eunhyuk read it out and then silence was between them.

“What to do?”, Gyuri said to herself while blushing madly.

Eunhyuk still continued the reading. There was an awkward silence between them. Suddenly, Eunhyuk stopped reading. He turned his face to Gyuri.

Their eyes met. They both look into each other eyes. Deep stares. There was no words.

“I thought I’m just your friends..”, Eunhyuk said almost like whispers.

 

[author's note]

So, how was it? I hope you enjoy it ^^

And yay!, i got one subscribe. Thank you.

I'm so happy since it's the first time I write a fic,

And I apologize for grammars or weird structures. I'm not a native english speaker.

Anyway, this story is canceled as one-shot. Since, I've got inspirations, I decided to prolong the chapters.

Wish me luck ^^

 

Regards,

 

ayydeee