Chapter 1: The calm before the storm

Triplets oppa and my wedding

The moment I woke up I observed my surroundings and yet again my fiancé left without saying a good-bye. After the proposal yesterday, we went straight to his old house and spent the night but I don’t really remember what happened after we went to his room. I was too drunk last night and now my head’s throbbing, thankfully, my fiancé, sounds a little off but he left some medicine and water at the bedside table for me to drink.

Before, it took me sometime to understand that he’s the kind of man that leaves before the crack of dawn after spending the night with his girlfriend but after quite some time, I’ve gotten used to it but now it feels quite different. I thought he would spend more quality time with his now fiancé after all the fuss yesterday. Oh well, he’s still a big star no matter what and I’m a scandal just waiting to happen. Come to think of it, there’s so much to do now that I’m engaged. First stop, telling my parents about the engagement, for sure, omma will be delighted. Even before we got together as a couple, my mother called him his son-in-law, now that it’s truly happening my omma will be acting crazy preparing my wedding, even though it’s still going to be next year. My appa, well, he likes and approves my decisions no matter what and I know I can talk some sense to him, after all aegyo can solve everything. Second stop, telling my brothers that I’m getting married with Nick and that I’m not pregnant or anything, maybe, I need to take some pregnancy test to convince them. Anyhow, I need to tell them tonight. Tonight is going to be war and I need to get ready but first I took look at my new accessory that wraps my left ring finger. Nick understands me so well, he even bought the kind of engagement ring that I like; round diamond ring with white gold band, just enough to be seen and nothing too fancy. Just the way I like it.

1 Text Message Received

Text Message:

From: Sun Mi Oppa

Good morning our sunshine, the joy of the house, the only daughter of the Song family. Happy happy birthday! I didn’t forget you’re birthday but I was just so busy yesterday that I forgot to call you. I’m sorry. What kind of cake do I need to bring later?  Your boyfriend, will he be there too? I don’t like to eat with strangers so don’t bring your boyfriend, okay? I love you.. See you later? I’ll sleep now..

I reached my phone from the bed side table and immediately called Sun Mi oppa.

“Oppa, it’s my birthday yesterday you didn’t even call me.” I said.

“Yah~ I texted you last night just before I went to bed. You were the last person on my mind and besides I’m going to see you tonight, right?” He answered.

“Reasons… Anyway, don’t be late okay? I have a special announcement.”

“Yes ma’am! I will be there. Whatever it is as long as you’re not going to say you’re pregnant or getting married with that Nick, I am fine with whatever announcement you make.  Does this announcement include you going to accept the scholarship abroad or are you dating another guy?.” He said curiously.

“Oppa, did you know curiosity killed the cat. See you later… You know where. Byong!” I ended the call, not knowing what to do. For some reason, my heart’s thumping like crazy. And after a while I got a text from Soo Hyun oppa.

 

1 Text Message Received

Text Message:

From: Soo Hyun Oppa

Yeon, will still be meeting later, right? I’ll be a little late. Jenny just texted and she’s in town. I’ll be seeing her first then I’ll go to your dinner party. Is that okay with you?

 

1 Text Message Received

Text Message:

To: Soo Hyun Oppa

Jenny unnie? Why is she here AND why are you meeting here? Just please don’t be late. See you later. 

PS please don't tell me you're seeing her again... 

 

1 Text Message Received

Text Message:

From: Soo Hyun Oppa

Yeon, you’re the best sister ever! But then again, you’re my only sister so I can’t really compare you to anyone. Anyway, whatever it is, I’ll be there before your announcement.

AND Jenny and I are just friends. Nothing to be worried about. It's you I'm worried the most. See you later! XO

Since when did oppa learned how to use the signs for hugs and kisses; I thought to myself while getting my coat and bag. I need to be home by 6 AM to not wake up everyone in the house. My omma wakes up at 6:30 AM everyday without amiss. But my dad wakes up whenever he likes after he retired and he said treasures his morning sleep the most than anyone else in our home. 

When I arrived, I saw Seung Ho oppa looking really handsome with this button down shirt and jeans. He also styled his new hair cut and I also smelled some nice smelling perfume.

“Going somewhere oppa?” I asked as I also try to remove my heels worn from yesterday night.

“I’m meeting some clients today. Wish me luck!” He answered as he struggled looking for his black slip-ons.

“Good luck and don’t be late later, kay?” I said with a smile

“Of course. Where did you sleep last night? I went to your room and there’s no one there. I was going to surprise you with a cake.” He asked.

“You know where.” I answered with a smile but trying to hide my fingers. I don’t want him to see the ring on my finger. I should have removed it earlier, I thought.

“Well, I hope you’re using protection.” He whispered and winked afterwards.

“I’m not going to talk about bees and flowers with you. You’re late!” I said while trying to hide my embarrassment.

“Ey! You’re not at that age to be embarrassed anymore. I’m just warning you my dear sister. I mean I don’t want a superstar brother-in-law you know. He’s not my type. Anyway, I’ll go now. Let’s get drunk later.” He said as he was leaving the house.

I hurriedly went inside the house and saw my appa watching the morning television show that he routinely watches. It's 8 AM and omma's cooking something good at the kitchen but I'm too sleepy and sore, so I just went straight to my room to freshen up and sleep for the day. 

“Omma, I’m home. Please don’t wake me up for lunch. I’ll sleep whole day.” I shouted while hurrying up to go to my room trying my best not to have conversation with my mom looking like a disaster with my hair looking like I didn’t shower for 3 days.

I quickly did my walk of shame in front of my dad who’s glued to the television. I took a sip of his black coffee and said my good mornings and left as soon as he replied good morning too.

Finally, I’m back at my room. I plunged towards my bed and removed my black fitted dress. I’m on my back contemplating if I did the right thing last night. I slowly removed my ring and looked at it for a while. Well, this ring is going to change my life I thought. After lying in bed for quite a while I moved towards my bathroom and quickly washed my face and brushed my teeth, removed all my jewelry and went straight to bed.