Chapter 1

My Significant Other
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It’s only been 6 months since I started to work at my new workplace, but I’ve already found someone that caught my eyes. I’m Yeri, but to everyone else who knows me well, distinguishes me as the “25 year old, who can’t seem to find my significant other, hag who is just desperate for hook-ups”. But this time, something is different. Sure, there were several times when I made slips here and there, and I never took relationships seriously. This time, I feel a spark, a connection I didn’t feel in a long, long time. It’s kind of odd how a heart works. When your brain doesn’t even know what you want or don’t want, your heart already makes a choice of its own, and you start feeling things you don’t even want to feel. It’s quite strange really. It’s been a long time I felt this... I gave up on this whole stupid “true love” thing a long time ago.

7 years ago when I found out my first love since elementary grade school, was cheating on me for 2 years of our relationship that lasted for 4 years I became too afraid to go back. I didn’t want to be hurt again. I really wanted to die then, and the feeling of going back to that same exact pain, just in case something might happen in my next real relationship brings me so much fear. People portray me as a tough, fearless woman, but I’m really quite the opposite.

Don’t get me wrong though, the reason why I find myself in so much hook ups is because once I feel a little bit of a man’s love, I quickly retreat back because I don’t want to get hurt. I don’t know if I’ll ever be able to love a man with my full potential ever again. But something… Something about this guy… After studying myself during the 4 months I’ve known him, I began to realize that I wanted something more from him. More than a hook-up, more than a fling, I wanted to KNOW him.

 

“Yeri?”

“Yeri???”

 

“Huh?” I looked up to see a stern face staring straight down at me like an eagle. I gulped.

“Yes boss?” I asked cautiously.

He handed me the stack of files to input into the computer. “Don’t forget about the get-together at ‘Padak’ later.”

I silently groaned. I completely forgot, and the last thing I wanted to do was force myself to drink beer. I checked the mini clock on my desk, as I released a deep sigh. 2 hours to finish inputting a stack of paper as tall as the Eiffel Tower… Yay.

 

2 hours paced by slower than a slug. As I finished the last input, I let out a long yawn and stretch before I grabbed onto my bag and coat as I shut off the computer. I was the last one in the office so I had to lock all the doors and alarms. I pulled out the phone as I began to GPS the address of the restaurant. It took me another 20 minutes trying to find out where I parked; I definitely wasn’t the brightest person you can meet. I was already later than I should be, and as I was accelerating at 60 miles per hour I was trying to come up with a lame, but believable excuse for my boss. My car broke down? No, he would see me getting back in my car when we’re done eating… My mom

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter