how could it be?

It's Spring
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

how could it be that choi seunghyun is standing right under the very tree (cherry blossom to be exact), the very tree where he once shed many tears and muffled sobs under a night after she left him. and how could it also be that today is their anniversary. 「 0517 」


it was a rather windy spring day. it was an unexpected weather for their date, but the couple managed. they both walked together hand in hand, talking about whatever was happening in their lives, talking about their dreams, and whatnot. it was all normal, but she wasn't as cheery as usual. and seunghyun had observed that while they were on the topic of careers. she seemed less talkative, less responsive. seunghyun had laughed it off and said he was still trying to decide whether to get into the music or arts industry. while he did enjoy writing down a line or two he also had a passion for the arts. he collected whatever art piece he could to satisfy himself with. because art itself was so overwhelming and amazing to him, each concept, each piece was very dear to him. but music still made its way to his heart. his parents were giving him exactly a month to decide before they do it for him.


and that was something he feared most. she listened and voiced her opinions on what he should consider. she gave him her warm words of comfort when he was feeling so troubled deciding, she was there for him through it all. but was he there through hers?


and that's where he found himself, right now, standing under that very tree where they were once on their date. the day where she kissed him goodbye and told him to wait for her. not knowing what she meant he walked off, confused, puzzled, mind in a twist. what did she mean by that? a week passed by and there he stood in front of her doorway only to be told by her mother that she had left to go to the states. that she was going to pursue a singing career. that she got a scholarship and they invited her right away, with a ticket paid for and a dorm ready. seunghyun then thanked her mom and made his way home, to his luck, it started pouring. perfect. considering he didn't even grab an umbrella when the skies looked so unsure before. but on the way, he passed by that tree. he ran under it to keep cover from the rain, and he just sat there drowning in his thoughts. and a bunch of what ifs and blurry scenarios ran through his head. 


the rain hid his pain and misery very well. it hurt. she was his everything. although, he never really listened to all of her worries, or dreams. how could he be so foolish, as to take h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter