Standing Facing Each Other

Standing Facing Each Other
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

HER

"I'll go somewhere." I said to mom.

"Alright, don't be late for dinner, okay?" She replied.

I went out of the house and start to walk along the street. Little that I didn't know I went to seat on the bench which has a view of the lake.

"It's been a long time..." I slowly said with a sad tone.

"I miss him so much." I said to myself.

As much as I want to tell him that I still really love him... I just can't.

 

HIM

"Hey! You look so stressed nowadays. Do you want to go out?" my colleague asked.

"Oh. Okay, I'll go by myself." I said and turned off the screen of my computer.

I don't know I just went out of the building and walked until I reached the most memorable place for me. I stopped and stared at the lake. It's still beautiful. I looked at the bench and saw someone who is sitting there.

I sighed as I recall that memories from before.

"I miss him so much." The woman on the bench said.

That voice... It sounds so familiar... it can't be her, right?

It can't be...

Chorong's POV

"...Standing Facing Each Other."

Everyone clapped as Woohyun finished the last line of the song. Our classmates went straight in backstage to greet him. Everyone is congratulating him for a job well done. I clutch on to the paper I am holding.

This is it. I said to myself: Whether he will accept this or not, I am willing to face the consequences.

"Woohyun-ah!" I called him. Nam Woohyun is my friend since freshmen in high school it is because our teachers were always pairing us up on group projects or report. He is famous on his singing ability and on his intelligence also.

"Chorong-ah! You're here!" He shouted and shoved our classmates away to face me.

And this is me, Park Chorong, a scary classmates but most of them are saying that once they already know me and befriended me, I'm really kind and soft-hearted.

"You did great, Namu!" I said.

"Well, you know me. I am always great on these things." He replied.

"Psh, so cocky!" I rolled my eyes to him.

Give it to him!

A voice suddenly said it to my heart and brain. I took a deep breath.

"Here, uhm, you should read it alone, okay? When nobody is around." I finally gave the letter I've been keeping for months.

"What's this?" I stopped him because he was about to open the letter.

"Hey, Woohyun, we'll go now. You did awesome!" Said one of our classmates and they left. It was the two of us now in the backstage.

"Okay! Thanks for coming guys!" He said to them.

"I told you to read this when nobody's around." I frowned.

"Well it is the two of us now." He said and opened the letter.

Oh my gosh. My heart starts to beat so fast. I can't take it anymore.

I dashed out of the backstage and went to the nearest lake on our school. This has been my favorite place ever since.

"Chorong-ah!" I stop as he shouted my name.

He followed me?!

Oh my gosh. I just stopped and didn't turn back. I sighed and looked down.

"Chorong-ah... Why did you run?" I know that Woohyun is in front of me now.

"Nothing..." I replied.

"Hey, look up." He lifted my chin so that I can look at him.

That moment was me and him standing facing each other.

"I like you too." He smiled and kissed my lips.

My eyes widen.

"Chorong?" We had eye contact.

I cleared my throat. "What was that?" I asked, acting cool like nothing happened.

He chuckled and held my hands. "I said, I like you too."

I actually don't know what to say, I just stared at him. "What?"

"So, we are now dating?" He smiled wider.

Gosh, he's so darn cute.

"Uh..."

"I'll take that as a 'yes'." He chuckled and ruffled my hair.

"Hey!" I said as I was stopping him to ruin my hair.

"You're blushing!" He laughed.

"Stop it, Namu!" I frowned and blushed even more.

 

Spring of our senior high, our love started to bloom just like the season, spring.

 

We were so happy together until one day last day of fall... I felt something different.

 

I fell out of love.

 

Woohyun' POV

I held Chorong's hands and slightly squeezing it. I got confused. Whenever I will do this to her she will look at me and then kiss me. But these past few days, she is acting weird. No, not weird. But not interested to me anymore. Yesterday, I heard her and her friend Bomi talking about me. I was hiding behind the door. And Chorong said to her friend that she thinks she doesn't love me anymore.

Chorong is more likely... fell out of love.

It was devastating but I have to accept it.

We’re standing here
Facing each other sadly
It’s quiet as if everything stopped
Only the cold wind wraps around us

 

I stopped walking but still holding her hands. She also stopped and faced me. I looked around to ready myself to this decision. Leaves from the trees are all gone, just

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter