"Can I be romantic again?"

My Life As A Fanboy [HIATUS]

The Byun parents are doing their own things in their house as their son is still sleeping despite being afternoon now. They wondered how he could sleep for so long but they let him be for today. While Mr.Byun was in the washing room Mrs.Byun had just finished doing the dishes when the door bell rang and even knocks were heard. She dried her hands and quickly walked to the door.

 

Thinking that it would be Mrs.Kim as always it’s someone unexpected standing there with a nervous smile and a big bouquet of different types of flowers. She could only stand there with agape. Right then comes her husband and reacts the same as her.

 

”H-Hi.” Chanyeol stutters with the widest smile ever.

 

ㆍㅅㆍ

 

They are sitting in the kitchen, just the three of them. Chanyeol had told them he had wanted to surprise Baekhyun but did not expect him to sleep at this time. The parents had only told him to get inside so they could get to know each other more until Baekhyun wakes up.

 

So here they are with cups of tea as they talk.

 

”How is your relationship now? I heard it’s been some days but how does it feel?” The mother asks curiously.

 

”Well I think it’s going good so far and I hope it does in the future too.” He explains truthfully.


”I hope it does. You two have to do your best to make your relationship keep going forward. There is so many famous couples breaking up because they have no time for each other. But you are the famous one here while Baekhyun is just a normal boy with dreams. The thing that can break you two is that you will forget him…” Mrs.Byun says making Chanyeol even more worried for the future, he had wanted to show them that he is strong but now - those words really hit him. But there is no way he will forget Baekhyun that’s just way too hurtful.

 

”I will for sure do my best and make sure Baekhyun is always by my side. I will bring him with me to work, no need to worry.”

 

Mrs.Byun nods with a smile but later looks with a pleading look. ”Please have patience with Baekhyun. He’s a very childish, clingy and a whiny boy but he’s a sweetheart. He’s also extremely sensitive so don't hurt him.” She begs.

 

Chanyeol assure them that Baekhyun will be the happiest with him and that they should be more worried about him being spoiled.

 

ㆍㅅㆍ

 

Baekhyun whines as he wakes up, it’s hard to open his eyes for he’s still tired. He doesn’t even know what time it is but to be honest he could actually continue to sleep now. And that’s exactly what he’s going to do now.

 

As he turns around he gets the biggest heart attack ever. Chanyeol could only laugh as he hugs him tightly into his embrace. Baekhyun’s face is about to explode, he did not expect Chanyeol to come to his house, especially not lie on his bed! But nevertheless he hugs him back. ”What are you even doing here?”

 

”I missed you so much. I was free today so I couldn’t resist to come here.”

 

Baekhyun smiled shyly as he cuddled with Chanyeol even more. Unfortunately their precious short moment got interrupted by no other than his mother. Baekhyun looks shocked at his mother who’s standing there with a teasing smile.

 

”Hey love birds get down and eat some food.” Baekhyun looks confused at his mother then back to Chanyeol who’s only grinning.

 

”What is going on?” He asks.

 

”Just pay a visit at Mrs.Kim’s house later.” She winks and closes the door.

 

They stayed quiet until Chanyeol removed Baekhyun’s hands from him he got up and picked up some flowers that had survived the hours of waiting for its owner.

 

”For you.” Chanyeol grinned as he handed the bouquet to Baekhyun.

 

Baekhyun felt his heart thump hard against his ribcage as he took the flowers and quickly sniffed the scent that he loved so much. Flowers for him means so much and therefor this gift really touched his heart.

 

”You love them?” Chanyeol asks softly as he watch Baekhyun nod with closed eyes. ”I picked the flowers that reminded me of you.” Chanyeol felt happiness fill his entire body as he saw the way Baekhyun blushed from his words.

 

”Stop saying stuff like that.” Baekhyun whined.

 

”But look, they are beautiful just like you. Although you are much beautiful than flowers and—”

 

”—Chanyeol!” Baekhyun looks at him with a red face. ”Stop. I think my heart is about to explode.” Chanyeol  laughed as he ruffled Baekhyun’s already messy bangs.

 

”Come on let’s eat breakfast. And we can’t forget to put the flowers in water or else they definitely will die.”

 

”I can’t let that happen.” Baekhyun embraces them gently as they both walk down. Chanyeol can’t help but secretly caress Baekhyun’s waist. 

 

”And here comes the newly married couple!” Mrs.Byun announce but laughs when she sees her son glare at her with pink cheeks. ”Come on, everything is prepared already!”

 

Chanyeol pinch Baekhyun’s cheek as they sit down. His mother had placed the flowers in a safe place so there is a low chance they will die. They finished eating their breakfast in no time so they were soon at Mrs.Kim’s house. Baekhyun wonders if she will get a heart attack once she sees Chanyeol. But then again, does she really know how he looks now? Maybe she forgot how handsome he is. Baekhyun smiles to himself when the thought of Chanyeol being his boyfriend comes up.

 

”What are you smiling about? Is it about me? It better be!” Chanyeol tickles Baekhyun on the side as they are walking toward Mrs.Kim’s house. Baekhyun let out a loud shriek.

 

”You stupid elf! No I wasn’t thinking of you!” Baekhyun tries to escape with a shy look.

 

”Oh yeah? What did I just see now then? Baekhyun are you blushing?” Chanyeol tease as he hugs him from behind and kiss him on the neck.

 

Baekhyun freeze when the lips was pressed on that spot. ”W-what did you just do?” He touch the area as he looks with wide eyes at Chanyeol.

 

”What? You want a kiss on your lips instead?” Chanyeol is about to lean in when Baekhyun push him away. ”What’s wrong?”

 

”You are killing me!” Baekhyun walks away with a crimson face. He didn’t want to tell Chanyeol that his neck is extremely sensitive. And especially not that he was close to let out a soft moan. Now that would have been embarrassing!

 

”Come on shy boy.” Chanyeol smacks Baekhyun on the .

 

They didn’t see the mother standing by the kitchen window grinning widely to herself.

 

Once again Baekhyun had to wait for awhile until Mrs.Kim opened the front door but once she did, well luckily a heart attack never happened but boy did she almost faint. Baekhyun had quickly walked inside with Chanyeol to calm her down.

 

She had been crying a lot and even hugged Chanyeol, thanking him for finally confessing to Baekhyun. She even said they looked good together and that they were made for each other.

 

”Baekhyun here has been dreaming about you, oh my goodness he even cried sometimes!” She exposed little by little the things Baekhyun did before he met Chanyeol.

 

”Really?” Chanyeol looks at Baekhyun who just wants the ground to swallow him.

 

”It’s true, right Baekhyunnie?” Mrs.Kim adjusts her glasses as she sits down with a tray filled with cookies and coffee.

 

”No it’s definitely not true! I’m not that kind of a person!” Baekhyun ignored them as he took a cookie and ate it in silence.

 

”Alright now that Baekhyun is ignoring us I can tell you everything he did.”

 

”Please do, he doesn’t care anyway.” Chanyeol smiles but feels his thigh gets pinched. ”Fu—be careful.” Chanyeol looks at Baehyun with a dark gaze making the other almost choke on his cookie for he knew what Chanyeol meant.

 

”So ever since you debuted Baekhyun has been making some drawings and for me they are the most beautiful drawings ever!” Baekhyun whined to himself when he saw Chanyeol looking at his cringe worthy piece of art.

 

”They are ugly but also beautiful.” Chanyeol said making Baekhyun laugh.

 

”I told you aunt.”

 

”Don’t say that Chanyeol, he put a lot of efforts into those.” Baekhyun rolled his eyes at that. 

 

So Mrs.Kim had showed Chanyeol all the drawings and had even showed Baekhyun as a baby and it was so embarrassing because most of them were pictures.

 

It was until the last album was done when she sighed and looked at the couple in front of her. ”So let’s have a serious conversation.” She put the album away. 

 

”Baekhyunnie told me you two haven’t had yet and that he feels a bit nervous—”

 

”W-WHAT?!” Baekhyun’s heart explodes.

 

”It’s true that we haven’t had yet but I didn’t know Baekhyun here was that nervous.” Baekhyun looks shocked at Chanyeol. How can that stupid giant be so freaking calm about this topic! Baekhyun feels like his soul is about to fly out from the window any second.

 

”Baekhyun why are you nervous?” Mrs.Kim asks worried. She was serious about this topic for she thought that is something important and that it’s not something you should be shy about.


”I-I’m not nervous.” Baekhyun stutters shyly. He can’t look at them.

 

”Don’t worry Mrs.Kim, I won’t rush it.” Chanyeol smiles and immediately receives one back.

 

”I knew you were perfect for my little peanut.” Mrs.Kim sighs happily.

 

Baekhyun groans and tells them to talk about other stuff than that.

 

ㆍㅅㆍ

 

”I really like her.”

 

”Of course you do.” Baekhyun mumbles as they are walking to a near playground no one plays at. There isn’t any more kids around this area so no one is here, especially not at night. So it’s a safe place to be at if you are a celebrity.

 

”No but really she’s wonderful. She’s a strong woman too.” Chanyeol says as they both sits on each swing. Mrs.Kim had told her story of losing someone important and Chanyeol had even shed a tear. He said he can’t bear to see Baekhyun die. And of course Baekhyun had slapped him gently on the back of his head, saying that if someone dies it will be both of them. Together.

 

”I didn’t know you were a romantic person.” Chanyeol tease making Baekhyun glare at him.

 

”Stop saying that.”

 

”Heh.”

 

They both look up at the sky that is filled with glowing stars. Chanyeol smiles as he recalls back the time he and Baekhyun watched the stars on the mountain. He remember how he had answered Baekhyun about wishes, that he had everything. And now that he thinks of it he does have everything because Baekhyun is part of his life.

 

”Can I be romantic again?” Chanyeol asks, still looking at the stars.

 

”What are you going to say now?” Baekhyun looks at him but then back at the sky.

 

”When I look at the sky all I see is you. In the morning, in the middle of the day, at night, all the time.”

 

”R-really…why?” Baekhyun asks with a timid voice.

 

”I don’t know, guess I’m that in love with you.” They make eye contact for a second until Chanyeol grabs Baekhyun’s swing toward him and without having anytime to think Baekhyun is kissed by Chanyeol. His heart is thumping making it hard to breathe. The kiss didn’t last that long but it sure felt like an eternity.

 

Chanyeol suddenly took out his phone and opened the camera. ”What are you doing?” Baekhyun asks as he curiously watch the other fix something.

 

”Let’s take a picture and upload it on my Instagram.”

 

”On your Instagram? Isn’t that dangerous?”

 

”Who cares.” Baekhyun looks down when he sees Chanyeol smile softly.

 

They take several pictures and Chanyeol waste no time to upload them with the caption: With B.

 

”I think we should go home.” Baekhyun says after awhile.

 

”Yeah I have work tomorrow so I have to leave early.” Chanyeol says as they are walking back.


”You aren’t leaving me here right?” Baekhyun looks with pleading eyes.

 

”But aren’t you supposed to be here for some more time?”


”No who said that? After all I have spend time with my family and my aunt so I don’t think I have to stay that much longer.”

 

Chanyeol looks like he’s thinking making Baekhyun grab his arm and hug it. ”Please Chanyeol I can’t live without you!”

 

”Gosh you’re so dramatic.” Chanyeol laughs as he hugs the living life out of Baekhyun.

 

Hey guys! I apologize for not updating sooner, lots of things has happen but I'm trying my best to write as much as I can! ^^

Hope you enjoyed this chapter, see you next time