The Sister

My One Shot Collections

It's another story unrelated to the present situation.. The 'drama' make me sick.. *throw up
------------------------------------------------------

I look at my mp3 while rolling on my skateboard. When I'm looking forward, "Whoa," I try to stop but it's too late. *BAM* my landed hard. "Ouch," "YAH! Look forward will you!" a girl scream on my face. "Sorry," I replied with an apologetic face. I feel my body stiffen. I bumped to an angel. Wow. I stand up and bow to her repeatedly, "I'm really sorry," I said. "Just be careful next time," she said coldly while wipe her jeans then walk away from me.
I sit on a bench while my hurt . Sigh. "Why does she even walk on the bicycle track at this late," I snorted. "Aaaaaah!" I hear a girl scream. I look at right and left then find a girl being dragged by two men. I run toward her, she seems in danger. "Yah!" I yelled while approaching them. "You'll be sorry to involve, kid," one of the men said while try to punch me. I dodge him and kick his crotch. He fall in pain, "How about that, huh?!" I snorted. The other man helps him up and ran away. "Thanks," it's the girl I bumped earlier, still in cold manner. "It's okay," I said then about to walk away. "Hey. Can you walk me home?" she asked. I nodded.
We stop at a luxury apartment not too far from the river. "Thanks for walk me home and thanks for helping me earlier," she said. She look not as cold as before. I nodded, "No problem. Just try not to walk by yourself next time. Especially at this late," I said then turn and walk away.

I wake up a bit late today so I decide to take the public transport than my skateboard. "Mr. Park. Sorry I'm a bit late," I said to my boss while bowing. He chuckled, "Oh Amber, it's not even late. You're just not as early as usual," he said. I grin then put on my apron and make the coffee as usual. 7 o'clock sharp, it's time to turn the 'OPEN' sign. I walk back to my spot, behind the bar. Couple minutes, customers come one by one. I served them with my charming smile, as usual.
It's 9 o'clock, customers decreased. I hear the bell ring and a customer stand in front of my cashier machine. "One Iced Americano please," she said while digging on her sling bag. I look at her in surprised, it's her. "Yes," I said shortly before prepare her order. When I'm back to the cashier and hand her coffee, she widen her eyes. She looks surprise too. "Ah, it's you. You worked here?" she asked in friendly tone. I nodded.

Since then, she comes here regularly. 9 o'clock on Monday to Thursday and 9.30 on Friday.
“Hey,” she greeted me. "Oh, hi. Good morning. What are you wanted for breakfast this morning?" I asked. "Just one Iced Americano, as usual, please," she said. I smile and prepare her order. She grab her Iced Americano and sit on the corner while listening to her mp3. Oh my, she's so beautiful. I smile to myself, "Yah! Why are you drooling?" Key whispered and nudges me while wiggling his brows. I slap his arm, "Yeah, indeed she's beautiful," he said. I widen my eyes in surprised. "What are you talking about, dude?" I protest. He point at the girl, I slap him and lowering his finger. "Yah!"
I was wiping my glass while glancing at her. I feel like I can't stop glancing at her. Darn. The door open and a tall guy stand in front of me, "Good afternoon, what can I get you?" I asked. "Ah, one Iced Caramel Macchiato, please," he said while looking to the left and right, looking for someone I guess. And his glance stops at her. Uh-oh. I had his Iced Caramel Macchiato and he leave after pays. I saw he's sitting in front of her and she smile brightly at him, i feel my heart sank. Why are you like this, Am? She’s not even yours. I scolded myself.

The next days she comes again but with him. Walking hand in hand, I feel my heart sank. Being a professional, I served her with a smile, "Good morning, what can I get you this morning?" I asked her. "As usual, and for him, Iced Caramel Macchiato, right?" she ask him with a smile. He nodded and smiled. I just smile and served them. They sit at the corner side by side. Oh my poor heart. "Hey. You okay?" Key asked. "Of course I'm okay," I said and smile at him. "Is he her boyfriend?" he asked. "How should I know, I don't even know her well," I said.
After some minutes, the door open and a beautiful girl appear in front of me, "Hey, can I have one Iced Americano, please," she said. "Yes, wait a minute please," i said. I hand her the Iced Americano, "Hey, do i know you? Somewhere?" she asked. I just dumbfounded but shook in advance, "I don't think so," I said. She nodded then approaching the couple. To be honest, I do have some.. hm.. maybe I can say admirer, in the cafe. Maybe she's one of them? I don't know. Some of the girls would ask my name, my number even asking my shift. Hm.. I'm a girl but you can say that I'm an androgynous handsome girl. Keke. Yes I'm a tomboy and do I even metion that I'm handsome? Haha. Just kidding.

I rarely see her again these days. Sigh. Why do I even think about her? I was wiping my glass and jolted when Key patted my shoulder, "Hey, that girl keep glancing at you, you know," he said. I following his glance, a girl sit at a corner, sipping her Iced Americano while steal a glance at me. She lowered her head when I look at her. Cute. I nudge him, "Stop it," I said. "Go away," I heard a voice said. I look at the girl before, two guys are trying to approach her. One of them even try to sit himself beside her. I can see she's uncomfortable with it. She furrow her brows in annoyed. I keep my eyes on them while wiping the counter. I saw he's trying to take her hand and the girl stand up at her seat. "I say go away!" I can see she's angry now. I can't stand it, I approach them. "Is everything okay?" I asked. His friend stand up and try to push me, "None of your bussiness!" he snorted. I dodge him and secure his hand on his back. "Aaah," he screamed in pain. "I'm trying to appreciate my customers here but if you make troubles I won't be hesitant," I said in stern voice. "Chill dude," the other one raise his hand and stand up. They run away in shame. "Are you okay?" I asked her. She nodded and smile, "Thanks," she said. I just nodded and get back to my spot.
“Hey,” the girl earlier approach me. I look at her in questions, "May I help you?" "Thanks before and.. may I know your name?" she asked while give me a hand to shook. I shook her hand, "Amber," i said. She widen her eyes, "You're a girl?" she asked. I nodded again. She smiled sheepishly, "See you tomorrow," she said then bid goodbye. Wait. She’s not even mention her name. Hmpft.

She comes again today, with her. They're friend I guess. Oh how I miss her. Wait, what? I shook my head. “Hey Amber,” she greeted me. My angel also smile at me. Angel? Seriously, Amber. I smile, “What can get for you today?” I asked. "Two Iced Americano, please," she said. I prepare the order and hand to them right away. I feel I can't stop glancing at my angel. Oh dear. They pay and sit at the usual corner. I can't stop my smile while wiping the counter, I feel like an idiot.
I was doing the dishes when a voice calls me. I turn my head and I think my heart has stop in seconds. My angel called me. "Yes? Can I help you?" I asked. "You see the girl with me earlier?" she asked. I nodded then glance at a frowning girl stand outside, "She's my sister. What do young think about her?" she asked. I widen my eyes, "I.. Uhm.. She's okay," I said. She furrows her brows. "Just okay?" she asked. "She's beautiful," but not as beautiful as you. " I think she likes you," she said. What? "But.. but I'm a girl," I said. She's giggling, "We know it but still, she thinks you're nice and cute. She likes you," she said. But I like you though. "Here," she hand me a napkin with numbers. "Call her, okay" she says and winked at me.

I've finished my shift tonight, I was take off my apron when a napkin fall from my apron pocket. Ah, it her number she gave me before this afternoon. I hesitant, should I call her? I put the napkin on my jeans pocket and put on my sling bag.
"Hey," a girl voice calls me. "Hi," I replied. "I thought you're gonna call me," "Sorry, I was busy all day. I was think to call you a bit later, when I'm home," I said. She nodded. "Nevermind it," she said then walk away. I approach her and walk beside her. "You like my sister, don't you?" Busted. "No, I don't" screwed you Amber. I glance at her. Actually, she's not bad, in fact she's as beautiful as her sister. "I like you, you know," she said all of sudden. I stop my track and dumbfounded at her boldness. "But you seems like my sister," she said. She turn to me and pout. Cute.
I was walk her home but we stop at the park, the place where I met her sister for the first time. She sit at the bench and I sit myself beside her. Both of us keep silent, it's comfortable silent actually. "What do you like about my sister?" she ask all of sudden. I shrugged, "I don't know," i said. She sigh. Why am I feel guilty anyway? "I can't be my sister. We have different personality," she said. I nodded. Yeah, her sister not as bold as her, I think. "So, tell me. What do you like about my sister?" she turn to me. Again, I shrugged. "Love at the first sight?" she asked again. "Maybe," I replied. "But I don't like her that much, I guess," I added. She nodded.

It's been 3 days and I don’t see her again in the usual corner. Why do I think about her anyway? "Hey," Key nudge at me. "Where's your admirer?" he asked. I slap his arm, "Shut up, Key,"
The door is opened and there she is, "Hey Amber," she greet me. "Hi," I greet her back with a smile. "I was out of town these days. Do you miss me?” she asked. This girl surely so bold. I smile, I feel my cheek is blushing, "Iced Americano?" I try to change the topic. She giggled, "Yes please," She sit at the usual corner. I can see her glancing at me, "She's surely likes you a lot, dude," Key whispered. "Shut up Key," I nudge him.
She glances at her wristwatch then approach me, "Meet me at the park. 7 o'clock sharp," she said then leave me. I smile to myself.

I was walking to the park, I glance at my wristwatch, 18:55. Five more minutes, I smile. I saw a girl sit on a bench bobbing her head, but 2 men approaching her. "Hey beautiful, can we accompany you?" "Go away!" she yelled. I run to her, "Hey babe, what's up?" I said. She turn to me, "Babe, what took you so long? These men are tried to annoy me!" she said. The 2 men raise their hand and walk away in peace. She slaps my arm, "Ouch. What did I do?" I winced. "Babe?" she raise her brows. I giggled at her, "You don't like it? Okay," I said then walk away. She approaches me and lean on my arm, "Who say I don't like it?" she said. I giggled again. "I thought you like my sister," she said. I shrugged.
"Thanks for walk me home. I see you tomorrow as usual," she said then kiss my cheek. I feel my cheek blushed. "Wait. You're not gonna tell me your name?" I asked. "Krystal. Bye babe," she said while smile sheepishly then closed the door. I wave at the door and grin like an idiot now. I get myself a girlfriend now, I guess.

------------------------------------------------------
You thought it was JessBer?? Naah..