Tutoring never looked so good

Tutor me in the workings of your heart

Seokjin was still seething. This wasn’t at all fair; he studied so much for that quiz and he thought he did pretty well but apparently not considering the lecturer had felt the need to give him a tutor.

Well, Seokjin could’ve dealt with that, a tutor is fine, if he needs the help he needs the help. No, the bit that really made Seokjin mad was the fact that his tutor was some second year kid. A second year.

Apparently, he was some kind of genius child, doing all these 4th year studies. They said he might be able to finish a degree in 3 years rather than 5. Prodigal.

To Seokjin though, he just sounded annoying and obnoxious; weren’t all the genius kids like that? And why did he need this genius kids help?! He doubted he’d be of any help to Seokjin at all, he’d most likely just look down at him for only getting 72% on an English quiz.

He reached the library and looked around, looking for a dweeb with glasses and an uppity expression on his face as he read a book on astrophysics to pass the time.

To his annoyance, no one in the library fit the profile. There was a young guy sitting at a table who almost fit; glasses, awkward looking and reading despite being on a large table with 3 other guys sitting around, all working together. He hadn’t noticed him at first, honestly, because he’d been distracted by how much the other 3 guys just did not look like the studying types. Especially the guy with bleached blonde hair, styled up and off his face, the sides shaved and a pair of large headphones around his neck.

Seokjin dismissed the thought as irrelevant and made a beeline for the awkward looking kid.

“Are you Kim Namjoon?”

Seokjin noticed the blonde guy look up at this, which was weird but whatever. The kid, on the other hand didn’t respond. Seokjin awkwardly cleared his throat and tried again, “hey, are you Kim Namjoon?”

This time the kid looked up but the response came from the other end of the table.

“I’m Kim Namjoon, are you Kim Seokjin?”

Seokjin couldn’t help the look of disbelief that came across his face and the “you’re Kim Namjoon?!” that slipped from his lips.

The brown haired guy sitting with him burst into a loud fit of laughter at this, making Seokjin start but neither Namjoon or the other guy flinched.

“You tutoring another kid? Aren’t Taehyung and Jimin enough of a handful?” the blonde haired guy with the bored expression asked Namjoon.

Namjoon ignored him, instead looking to Seokjin. “I am Kim Namjoon, you are Kim Seokjin?”

Seokjin nodded, now blushing slightly about his outburst, “sorry, I didn’t mean to be rude, you just don’t… um…”

“Look like the nerd he is? Trust me, he’s the nerdiest that exists.” The brown haired man assured him, having finally stopped laughing. Namjoon shot him a glare.

“Thanks Hoseok, you can go now.” Then he looked at the blonde sitting beside him, “and take Yoongi with you would you?”

“So rude! Remember us little people Joon-ah, we were your friends before you became the hottest tutor on campus!” At this Namjoon blanched a little, a blush creeping across his face, mumbling some sort of response but Hoseok ignored him, rising and grabbing his stuff before walking over to Yoongi who grunted but made no complaints as Hoseok pushed him out of his seat.

“Uh, are you happy to sit here? Or do you want to move somewhere else?” Namjoon asked, looking concerned and Seokjin suddenly realised he was still standing.

“Oh, no, it’s okay sorry,” he said, plonking his stuff down and taking a seat.

“Sorry if they made you feel awkward, they’re nice guys honestly.” Namjoon still had the remnants of a blush on his cheeks and was rubbing the back of his neck, an apologetic look on his face.

Seokjin was beginning to feel a little bad for having cursed this man so much on his way here. He hoped a piano wouldn’t actually fall on his head now…

“No no it’s okay, I was rude to you to be honest, so I should be sorry.”

At this Namjoon smiled and Seokjin’s breathe caught in his throat. He had dimples. God. Damn. Actual. Dimples.

“It’s okay, you’re not the first to react like that. Taehyung had a much stronger reaction the first time honestly, so I’m not concerned,” he chuckled.

Seokjin didn’t realise he was staring until Namjoon awkwardly cleared his throat.

“So you need help with English?”

Ah. Right. For a minute Seokjin had forgotten why he was here. Tutoring. He couldn’t help the slight grimace, still kind of annoyed to be receiving tutoring at all. Plus, as much as Namjoon didn’t seem like the kind of uppity nerd he’d been expecting, chances were that he’d turn into one the moment Seokjin showed him his paper.

Reluctantly, he pulled his paper out and handed it across, bracing himself for the incoming judgement.

“72%?!” Seokjin nearly sighed at Namjoon’s exclamation, until he continued, “you’re like highest in the class! Why would you need tutoring?!”

Seokjin blanched. Well, he hadn’t expected that.

Namjoon flicked through it, “so it’s just the super hard concepts you got wrong. But you were nearly there, I don’t think I’ll have to give you much help.”

He looked up and smiled, his dimples appearing again.

.

 

“So basically,” Jaehwan dragged the word out as he caught as much food as he possibly could between his chopsticks, “you’re head over heels for this tutor guy,” he finished before shoving all the food he’d managed to capture into his mouth.

From the other side of the table, Jin choked on the food he had been in the process of enjoying.

What?! No!” He spluttered, trying not to spit food everywhere. “He’s just not as bad as I thought he would be, that’s all I’m saying!” He finished, having finally managed to swallow the food.

He and Jaehwan had met up for their weekly lunch ‘date’ as Jaehwan always felt the need to refer to it. They’d been friends for years but went to different universities, so had decided that weekly lunch ‘dates’ would be the best way to keep in touch. Also, both loved eating so it was a win-win situation.

“Really? Because it doesn’t sound that way to me.”

“Well that’s how it is so shut it.”

“So you always say people have ‘dreamy dimples’ and ‘gorgeous smiles’ and ‘huge long nice hands’ and are ‘clumsy in an endearing way’ because they just aren’t as bad as you thought they would be?” Jaehwan asked, taking a smug bite of food, making Jin want to slightly strangle him.

“I did not say all that, you’re making this something it’s not.”

“So it’s not a massive crush?”

Jin glared at him, “I’ve only met him once!”

Jaehwan smirked, “lucky you have more tutoring sessions to go to then…”

Jin groaned.

 

Jin had a strong urge to just not go. To text Namjoon and tell him he was sick or something.

But the night before their next tutoring session, Namjoon sent him a text to remind him of their meet up and Jin couldn’t bring himself to do it.

He stared at the message; Hi Kim Seokjin hyung, just wanted to double check that tomorrow still suits for tutoring? J

Awkwardly over polite, just like Namjoon himself had been, he could somehow imagine the man typing and retyping the message until it had the perfect formal tone, probably dropping his phone a couple of times as he did so.

Jin caught himself smiling and shook his head; he did not have a crush, there was no reason to smile and therefore no reason to avoid seeing him.

Hello Kim Namjoon, yes that will be fine. I will be there at your appointed time and place.

Jin regretted it after he’d sent it; it was a bit too formal wasn’t it? Almost cold in tone?

He groaned, tossing his phone aside and rolling over on his bed, putting his pillow over his head.

It was definitely not a crush.

A/N I actually found this from having written it a couple of years back and I wanted to get back into writing so I decided... Let's start with this!

It was originally planned to be a oneshot but because it is unfinished I am going to chapter it~

I am also going to update my JJP fic and my Woogyu fic... having unfinished fics is so sad!! I am sorry I have left it so long~

I hope this is fun to read and that you will support me as I get back into writing~ I will do an update on one of the 3 fics mentioned weekly~<3

♥BHL♥