The First Meeting

INCOGNITO for you
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

SARAH'S LIFE

It was spring in Mumbai when Sarah Nido was there for her internship program. It is a fun city but it can get lonely at times. Just one more month and she was going to get her detective license. It was all she ever wanted to be.

So it was around noon when she was in the shopping mall working on a case with her boss, Mr. Sharma. The case was a minor, husband cheating on wife case. While they were on the run Mr. Sharma getting all huffy said, "If you'll solve this case on your own I'll recommend you for international hiring and you know the salary". Sarah knew it was just because he was getting lazy. Whether the recommendation thing was true or not she had to do it. So she was there in the mall slowly following the woman suspected to be the one with whom the husband was cheating with. The woman got into the elevator so she took another one to escape her suspicion. So that she knew which floor she got off, she pressed all the buttons. While the door was about to get closed, an Asian guy in his twenty's of 5.8 wearing black tees, denims and a black cap, stopped it with his hands and got in. After the next floor the elevator suddenly stopped. “What the hell" Sarah thought she had pressed all the buttons so why wouldn't it open.                     

The guy next to her said “boya”.

“What?" She thought.                      

"Why isn't the door opening?" he asked her.                                                    

“I don't know? It must be jammed or something"                                                          

Oh god he was so cute. She didn't know how to act. Then they both tried sliding the door open but it was of no use. So they banged the door and shouted for help. Finally after around three minutes a person from outside asked “are you okay?".

"Yeah we are" she replied with a relief. "But what's the matter with the elevator?”                                                              

"Sorry there was a power cut and the elevator's got jammed. We'll get you out soon but just tell me exactly how many of you are in there?"

“Just two, me and a guy who I think is a tourist or...”                                               

"Yeah I am”, The Asian guy nodded.

"Now this might take some time so don't panic"

"Whaaat?" Sarah thought. How could this happen to me, on a day, when I'm so close to solving a case? And not just any case, a case so easy that could have got me abroad. I was always so jealous of my friends and family who showed off working in cool places. She was just cursing the whole planet when the Asian guy interrupted her with a ‘Hi’. “Hello" she said trying to cover her expression from before.                                

"My Nam is Ch... Kim Jong Dae".            

"Oh, Korean?”                                                   

"Ne"                                                                    

"I'm Sarah Nido, nice to meet you. So you are a tourist?"                            

"Khuge...yeah, are you a tourist too?"                                                       

“Actually no, I am a detective intern. I am here on a case."                                  

"Wow a detective. That’s cool. You kind of look Asian so I thought…"                

"I get that a lot. Actually my parents are from the North East India. People from there look pretty much like any other Asian. You know small eyes and fair skin. Anyways are you here alone?"               

"No with my ba...I mean friends. I was out today for some quality time with my self and I got stuck here."               

"Ohh....they should be getting us out soon. Don't worry."

 They talked about other things for a while and after about 15 mins the door started to creak.

"Looks like we're finally getting out" Sarah said with a relief.                                        

"Yeah" he said with a smile.

 There was silence for a while as they waited for the door to open. When the door began to part Jong Dae turned to her and as

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter