Chapter 9

Not So Dense After All
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“KIM JONGDAE CAN YOU STOP THAT-“

 

“BUT- JUST WATCH ME, WILL YA???”

 

“NO.”

 

If you’re in Joohyun’s shoe right now, you’ll probably be watching a live circus performance on a hamster and a chicken trying to chase an alpaca that is on an attempt to spin its broom, showing off its non-existing talent but doesn’t give up.

 

“Guys, we’re supposed to be cleaning-“

 

“I SWEAR I’LL CHOP OFF YOUR HEAD WITH THIS DUSTER-“

 

“Guys, I don’t think-“

 

“YOU COME BACK HERE OR ELSE-“

 

“Guys, come o-“

 

“I’M GOING TO THROW THIS TABLE ON YO-“

 

“CAN YOU GUYS PLEASE SHUT THE UP”

 

When Joohyun started cursing, everyone in the room knows they have crossed the line.

 

 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

 

 

“Praise the God of hamsters, Jongdae didn’t die because of you.” Seungwan waved in the air to Sooyoung, followed bu Joohyun’s snort.

 

“Correction, you TWO.” She emphasized the end of her sentence.

 

“What? All I did was held him down! He was slacking off!” The hamster got offended. “You should be thankful.” She ended with a pout.

 

“Correction, you tied him down on a chair. WITH A ROPE.” She glared at her. “Yeah. I’m so thankful that you two gave me the opportunity to do most of the work.” Her smile made them both shivered.

 

“OH GOD BUT HE’S SOOOOOOO ANNOYING.” Sooyoung wailed dramatically. “We almost broke a window or two with his constant stick spinning. I don’t even know if it’s what he’s doing, he looked like he wanted to kill flies or something.”

 

Though the bunny wanted to dismay her statement, her satanic bestie was right at that point.

 

The trio just finished their duty with a little struggle and the help from not so helfpful Kim Jongdae and they’re now making their way out of the building.

 

“Oh no, I have to make dinner.” Joohyun unconsciously palmed her face. She was dead tired despite the fact that she did most of the cleaning in their duty  and all she ever wished to do now is throw herself in bed and sleep for years. Seulgi’s presence isn’t helping either.

 

“Oooooh can I come over tonight? I so don’t wanna hear my bro nags at me again for being late to class.” The satan asked with a little plead before rolling her eyes at the thought of her brother.

 

“It’s not my fault! You two were the one who kept holding me and throwing me questions!” Joohyun huffed cutely which the two justlaughed nervously until Seungwan caught the idea of the whole situation.

 

“Nope, technically, it’s yours.” Her defence made Joohyun frown with questioning look.

 

“The questions we asked are about Seulgi and it’s because of her, so….” The hamster trailed off. “Yeah. Also, you own Seulgi.” The statement made Sooyoung burst out laughing.

 

“Oh I love that kid so much.” The satan wiped her non-existing tears dramatically with her index finger. “I’m so gonna come over tonight. I miss her.”

 

“Wantaro, you in?” The said Wantaro just hummed to the latter in agreement. “I think I can cut me off some time. I miss the bear too anyway.”

 

The two received a very loving smack each after then.

 

“JOOHYYUUUUUUUUUUUUUUN!!” A very familiar shout caught their attention as the quickly turned to a direction. A semi running, semi skipping bear headingtowards them with a stupid grin followed by a squirtle who seem to be approaching them in a normal way.

 

“S-Seulgi!” Joohyun’s face went completely paranoid when Seulgi accidently tripped herself again. ON NOTHING. The four quickly rushed to the falling bear but they were too late as she once again fell.

 

There’s nothing weird in this view at all, to be honest.

 

 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

 

 

They were 30 minutes late home.

 

Why? Because Seulgi’s nose bleed and she cried.

 

“JOOHYUN, IT HUUUURTS.” The bear whined sitting on the ground.

 

“Of course it hurts, you idiot!” Joohyun had to wipe the blood and dirt of her face with Seungwan’s hanky. “Sorry about this.” Seungwan only smiled back while caressing Seulgi’s head.

 

“Man.. How do you do it?..” Sooyoung crouched down to Seugi’s level. The bear only looked at her still in a mess. “You fall over nothing quite a lot.”

 

“Sooyoung stop that! I need to clean her!” Joohyun cupped Seulgi’s cheeks to face her so she can get back to cleaning her blood. Seulgi didn’t say anything as she kept her eye contact with her master while sobbing.

 

“It’s okay, everything is alright now. You can stop crying.” Seungwan ruffled her hair caringly.

 

 “Does it still hurt?” Sooyoung asked her when she only sobbed harder. There was a few second before the bear slowed down a bit and shooked her head cutely. “Then why are you still crying?”

 

“Jo-o H-hyun-“ She called between sob.

 

“Y-yes?”

 

“Ddeulgi is s-sorry!”

 

Oh. It wasn’t because she was in pain. She felt guilty. Guilty that she had cause her more trouble.

 

Joohyun could only sigh, seeing the bear was about to go rage on her tears again, she pulled her into a hug. Like she always did to calm her down when she cried, and it always worked. Proved, Seulgi slowed down immediately.

 

Seulgi buried her head on Joohyun’s chest as she caresses her hair. “It’s okay. It’s okay…” Her master repeated until her sob was no longer audible.

 

Like a cue, Yeri who went to a nearby convenient store appeared with a can of Pringles in her hand.

 

 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

 

 

“Geez.” Sooyoung leaned back on the floor. “She sure is gullible.”

 

They have reached the Bae’s after a long walk (or run) whereas Seulgi accidently dropped the Pringles that Yeri bought and had to chase it along with the said bear.

 

She wasn’t joking, her besties thought.

 

They have come to believe that Pringles are gifted with super power that can make them roll in a Godly speed.

 

Thanks to Seungwan's fast short legs and Sooyoung's strategy on how to catch the Pringles, they have reduced the duration of 8347598279384792873 hours to 30 minutes. They were also lucky to have reached home before the rain started pouring.

 

They are now seated on the floor in the Bae’s living room and intently watching Seulgi who’s happily munching on her beloved Pringles while watching Spongebob in a new set of clothes, not after showering of course.

 

“Please keep an eye on whatever Seulgi is watching!” Joohyun shouted from the kitchen while wiping her hands with towels, probably preparing dinner for all of them.

 

 

“Mmkay.” Seungwan shouted back lazily as she back-hugged Seulgi, snuggling behind her with eyes closed. Seulgi is too into her cartoon, she didn’t even budge.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter