ONE

Pancakes

CZfl2FZWkAUpzJn.jpg

 

I turned my body around, still asleep, when I felt my face burning in the sun. I must've forgotten to close the curtains last night. Yesterday was hectic and it was hard to fall asleep. My Husband is doing his promotions and I am left alone here. I wanted to sleep more but it seems that my mind was fully awake. I surrendered and slowly sat down against the headboard of the bed. I rubbed my eyes and compose myself before doing my normal stretching routine. Pfft, no I didn't. I straight away got out of bed, eyes closed and dragged my feet to the bathroom apartment.

 

Halfway there, I was annoyed. My husband didn't call me this morning. He didn't wake me up. Wonshik didn't wake me up. He always does even though he knows that I would probably be awake that early. It’s 11AM now and he hasn’t called at all. I threw a fit. I started stomping the ground and jumping around feeling all annoyed and frustrated. I scrunched my face up before walking to the bathroom again. 'Idiot.'

 

I opened the door and stomp towards the sink to wash my face. I splashed the cold water straight on to my face without hesitation. 'Ah!' My eyes shot wide open. 'I forgot to turn on the heater.' My husband always reminds me to do so. However, ever since he left I've been forgetting a lot as I kind of got used to his naggings. Umm, okay not really. I washed my face a few times before brushing my teeth.

 

Today is Saturday and Wonshik likes to eat pancakes on a Saturday. 'I'm going to make pancakes and eat it all myself today. I'm gonna snap pictures and send it to you so that you're jealous. Humph.' I cursed the mirror in front of me with my mouth full of toothpaste foam. 'I vow to make you jealous after what you did, Kim Wonshik!' I shouted and punched the toothbrush in the air before washing my mouth.

 

I got out of the bathroom with my fresh face and headed straight to the kitchen to get the ingredients out for my revenge. I took out the flour and eggs, sugar, salt, bowl, whisk, whatever I needed. 'Revenge is going to be sweet.' I started mixing everything together and making sure that it taste superb so that even if Wonshik can only see the picture, I'll make sure he'll be able to smell it as well as taste it. Pancakes were my specialty and making it was no big deal.

 

In a matter of time, I was done with the batter and all I need to do now is cook it. I took my phone that was in my pocket and snap a picture of the batter. 'Guess what I'm having today.' I clicked on Wonshikkie and sent it to him. I snickered before pouring a ladle full of batter into the hot pan.

 

While waiting, I pouted thinking about how my husband was doing. He's over in Japan all alone and here I am being a little brat. Whatever, I'm still going to go on with my revenge. I lifted the cooked pancake and placed it nicely on his favourite black plate. Yes black, he is the only one who has a black plate in this home. 'Yes.... this is perfect.' I smiled before turning back to the stove and pouring more batter. I hope you're well jagi. Soon, the second pancake was done and I was contemplating whether to make more or keep the batter. After much thinking, I decided to make one more for my hungry stomach.

 

'How dare you eat pancakes without me?' I felt a whisper by my neck and turned around to see Wonshik standing there with puppy-like eyes and pouty lips. 'You're so mean.' He faced away with his arms crossed. He was still in his white knitted pullover and black jeans indicating that he probably just got back from the airport… without me knowing.

 

'W-when did yo- no.. Well, it's your fault. You didn't call me this morning neither did you call me last night so I forgot to close the curtains and do my stretching and.. and turn on the heater......... Why are you even here?'

‘I cannot possibly let you have pancakes alone can I?’ Wonshik squished my face and planted a soft kiss on my lips. I blushed. It’s been quite a while and I think I’ve missed his daily kisses. I rolled my eyes at him and turned back to the now burnt pancake.

‘KIM WONSHIK!!!’

 

I turned off the stove and chase after Wonshik as fast as I could. How dare he burn my pancakes? I ran to my bedroom after he did and wondered around when I saw that he wasn’t in it. I looked around the room, in the bathroom, behind the couch but he was nowhere to be seen. Where did he go?

‘YAAAAAA’

Wonshik charged towards me from behind the wardrobe door and pushed me on the bed, hovering over me. He gave a cheeky smile before leaning down to kiss my forehead. ‘I’ve missed you idiot.’ I smiled and gave him a peck on his upper lip. I kicked his leg that he was using to support himself with and made him fall on the floor.

‘Oh my god that was unintentional!’ I screamed as I made a run out of the room. I caught a glimpse of him rolling on the floor before getting up to chase after me. It was going to take a little longer for the old man to get up and chase me so I decided to get back to my pancakes. I threw away the totally burnt piece as I the stove and waited for the pan to get hot again. I watched for my husband who was still sitting on the floor pouting. ‘I can see you from here baby. Hurry up, your pancakes will be ready soon!’ Wonshik quickly got up without hesitation. It took a while for him to come out of the room so I managed to finish cooking 3 perfectly round pancakes. He hugged me from behind and swayed left to right slowly. Wonshik never fails to make my heart race like crazy even after years of getting married.

‘Don’t you miss me jagi? I got you something special from Japan that I thought you would like.’ He took out a cute little plush toy that looks exactly like him in front of me as I finished flipping the last pancake. ‘I made it myself.’

I laughed before placing the last pancake on the plate. I turned around to take the toy from his hand and observed it. ‘You’re so cute…. Did you really made this yourself? It actually looks like you. But….’ I caressed the toy’s body. ‘you forgot the six packs. Did you by chance………’ I squinted my eyes at him.

‘What…… are trying to hint me?’

I slowly moved towards him and I placed my hands on his abdomen. ‘It’s still there. I thought it would disappear after leaving me alone for one month and eating all those delicious food that Leo posted.’ His eyes began showing hints of lies as he looked away from mine for a bit. ‘Don’t give me that look. I know you ate a lot.’ I started to put my arm around his waist and rested my head on his beating chest. I missed hugging this man’s body. I missed hearing his heartbeat. I felt tears threatening to fall but I held it in and hugged him tighter. ‘I missed you like crazy, idiot.’

He chuckled a bit before returning my hug like as if he did not want to let go. I smiled against his chest before releasing him from my embrace. I showed the best smile I could ever give with tears slowly coming back before tiptoeing and giving him a slightly longer peck on his lips. I could feel him smiling as he tried to return the kiss but I pulled away first. ‘No, pancakes first. I’m staaaaaaaarving.’

I pulled Wonshik towards the dining table and made him sit opposite me. I placed his black plate with 3 pieces of pancakes and poured some maple syrup on it. Wonshik looked at me with warm eyes before wiping the tears that started to fall from all the feelings I was feeling. ‘It’s not good to cry in front of food okay?’ He flashed me a smile and send me a killer wink before digging into his meal. Oh my heart…. I too started digging in my pancakes. I looked at the toy that was placed on the table and thought about how lucky I am to get a guy who still loves me even though I have a thousand and one flaws.

 

 

---

I might be updating more VIXX or Wonshik Oneshots soon. Maybe after i finish revising chapter 3 of The Curse Of The House.

Anyway..... See you all soon!!!