Final

Never wanna lose you

Baekhyun was one of the most popular kids in school. He was the one everyone wanted to date. He was pretty, romantic, funny, kind and simply an angel. He was the perfect boyfriend. Both women and men of all ages wanted to date him. Of course he didn’t want to be tied down by anyone. He enjoyed his single life. He have had many girlfriends in the past (and boyfriends since he came out), but he was still a . He flirted wildly, dated, partied and just went all out. But no matter what he wanted to save his innocence to the right person. However, he is still a wild soul together with his two friend: Luhan and Minseok. They were called the three princes of SM High School. The most unreachable guys in the school.

 

What most people didn’t know was that Baekhyun had another friend. One that was his best friend. That person was Chanyeol. No one knew who Chanyeol was, but at the same time everyone did. No one could miss him. Hi was tall, had a golden mob for hair, big eyes, elf like ears and big nerdy glasses. He always wore big hoodies and sweatpants. Oh, every student knew who his was, but not as Chanyeol. They all knew him as geek, nerd, giant, idiot, giraffe, elf and mostly Yoda. He was the weird kid that everyone bullied and never bothered to care about. The only one who cared was Sehun, another geek (but less bullied). And of course Baekhyun, although Baekhyun never even went close to him at school. Baekhyun was also bullied in his childhood, and Chanyeol was his only friend. But through the years he became popular. He and Chanyeol drifted slightly apart, but whenever Baekhyun felt lonely or wanted to do something childish like o he just wanted a friend, he would always go to Chanyeol. They sometimes spent the night at each others house, but at school they acted like strangers. Baekhyun never bullied Chanyeol, like all his “friends” did. It wasn’t just Chanyeol he never bullied. He didn’t bully anyone. He always said: “I don’t think those who bully are real people.”

 

Chanyeol and Baekhyun had been neighbors since forever. They had a tree between their houses and used it whenever they would visit the other. They just used it to swing themselves over. It was mostly Baekhyun that went over to Chanyeol, because Chanyeol often felt like he was intruding. Today was also a day where Baekhyun was the one that came over. He grabbed one of the branches and swung himself over. He lifted the window and climbed through.

“Hey, Chan!” He said as he fell down on the other boys bed. Chanyeol was doing homework by his desk and gave Baekhyun a mere hum.

“Come on, Chanyeol. The least you can do is gree-“

“Hey.” Chanyeol interrupted and Baekhyun pouted.

“Meanie.” He muttered.

“I said “hey”.” Chanyeol said and turned around.

“It was a heartless “hey”.” Baekhyun mumbled and Chanyeol groaned as he shook his head in amusement. He rolled over with the chair and ruffled Baekhyuns hair.

“Hey, Baek.” He said and the said boy broke into a huge grin.

“What are you doing here?” Chanyeol asked as Baekhyun snuggled into the fluffy blue pillow on Chanyeols bed.

“Come one, Baek! Tell me what you’re doing here.” Chanyeol said and pulled the pillow out from underneath Baekhyuns head.

“Give it back!” Baekhyun whined and tried to reach for the pillow, but Chanyeol rolled the chair back and laughed as he shook the pillow in the air, out of Baekhyuns reach. But when the smaller boy pouted sadly, Chanyeol threw it at him and it made him fall down on the bed. Baekhyun giggled happily as he snuggled with the pillow again.

“Sometimes I wonder if you always come here to cuddle with the pillow instead of talking to me.” Chanyeol said.

“Maybe.” Baekhyun teased and Chanyeol threw another pillow at him.

“So what are you doing here?” Chanyeol asked again. Baekhyun sat up with his legs crossed and hugged the fluffy pillow close to his chest.

“I wanna invite you to my birthday party this Saturday.” He said with a big smile.

“Birthday? You mean- Uh…. T-Those parties you have every year? The once where you invite everyone at school?” Chanyeol asked and Baekhyun nodded.

“Well, not everyone. Mostly just our class and a few of their friends.” Baekhyun said. Chanyeol chuckled nervously.

“I-I can’t go.” He said and Baekhyun lost his smile.

“W-Why not?” He asked and Chanyeol ruffled his golden mop.

“B-Because I’m not popular. I can’t go to a party with everyone else.” He said and Baekhyun rolled his eyes.

“Of course you can!” He said.

“Baekhyun. Every year you hold this birthday party and you always do it on a Saturday. Then on every Sunday you and I bake a cake together. That’s how it is. That’s how it’s always been.” He said and smiled. Baekhyun pouted again.

“B-But I want you to be there.” He said.

“Baek, if I go, I’ll chase everyone away and you reputation will be broken for inviting a nerd.” He said and pointed at his glasses. Baekhyun rolled his eyes.

“We are still gonna bake a cake, it’s like tradition.” He said and pulled on Chanyeols chair to get the taller boy closer. He grabbed the pendant on Chanyeols necklace. It was a silver phoenix. Baekhyun got it for him a couple of weeks after they first became friends. Chanyeol always called it his most precious treasure.

“I want you to be there. It’s my last birthday party at high school and I want my best friend to be there.” He said and kept playing with the necklace. Chanyeol rolled back and smiled sadly.

“If you want you reputation destroyed, I’ll love to go. If you want everyone to know you’re friends with a nerd, I’ll gladly go. But I know you. You don’t want to go back to those days. And therefore I’m saying no. I won’t go.” He said and turned his back towards Baekhyun.

“Everyone will only bully me.” He whispered. Baekhyun bit his lower lip before standing up and walking over to the other boy. He wrapped his arms around his neck and rested his chin on his shoulder.

“I promise no one will bully you.” He said and Chanyeol scoffed.

“Come on! Everyone bullies me. At school, at basketball practice at-“

“YODA!! DINNER!!” they heard Chanyeols sister shouting from downstairs. Chanyeol chuckled as he shook his head.

“Even at home people bully me.” He said and walked to the door.

“If you change your mind, it’s at my house on Saturday.” Baekhyun said before he climbed through the window again and over to his own house. Chanyeol sighed deeply before he went downstairs. Baekhyun on the other hand fell down on his own bed as he came home. ‘Everyone will only bully me.’ He thought back to Chanyeols words. ‘Does everyone really bully him?’ He thought. All the thinking made him fall asleep.

 

The next day went as usual. Baekhyun and Chanyeol acted like strangers and Chanyeol was bullied for whatever. One thing that was strange was that Minseok and his boyfriend Jongdae didn’t eat lunch together with Baekhyun and Luhan.

“Look at him sitting all alone over there.” Luhan mumbled to himself, but Baekhyun heard and he looked up from his food to follow Luhans eyes over to the table all the way in the corner where a tall and thin boy sat. It was Sehun, Chanyeols friend and Luhans crush. He had brown, flat hair and wore a dark blue hoodie with a burger with a face print on it. He was pocking his chopstick in his food and resting his hand on his arm. Luhan looked like he wanted to walk over, but they had never spoken a single word to each other.

“Just go to him.” Baekhyun said and Luhan turned around.

“T-To who?” He asked in panic. Baekhyun rolled his eyes.

“You like Sehun. I know.” Baekhyun said and Luhan looked like he was about to panic.

“I-I-I-“

“You don’t have to hide it. It’s okay. I won’t judge you.” Baekhyun said and smiled sweetly at his friends. Luhan sighed and banged his head in the table.

“It’s not you I’m worried about. It’s everyone else and especially Sehun.” He said. Baekhyun placed a hand on top of his head and it.

“It’s okay. If you want I can ask Chanyeol if Sehun likes you too.” Luhans head shot up.

“Nonononono!!” He yelled making everyone in the cafeteria look at them.

“I don’t want others to now about my crush.” Luhan whispered. Baekhyun chuckled as he shook his head. They kept eating lunch with Luhan often taking glances at Sehun. Baekhyun didn’t see Chanyeol at all the rest of the day. He said goodbye to Luhan at the end of the school day and went home. After dinner he went over to Chanyeols house, but the tall nerd wasn’t home. He felt a little sad. But he was so excited over the party that he didn’t think too much of it.

The next day he only focused on getting everything ready for his birthday party. His parents were gone and the alcohol was on the table together with all the snacks. He had taken a shower and styled his brown, fluffy hair into looking ily cute. He put on eyeliner (as always) and some y clothes. He put on tight jeans, a white t-shirt and a leather jacket. The guest came pouring in as soon as the clock reached 8pm. He greeted everyone and collected all the presents and placed them in his parents bedroom (since it was the only room where no one was allowed to enter). The music was turned up on the highest volume and everyone was dancing themselves sweat. Luhan was having fun, Minseok and Jongdae was somewhere doing dirty deeds, but all Baekhyun could think of was if Chanyeol would come. He kept looking towards the entrance door.

“You okay, Baek?” Luhan asked and Baekhyun nodded.

“I’m just-“

“Waiting for Chanyeol?” Luhan cut him off. Baekhyun nodded before turning around towards the snack.

“I really hope he’ll come. He’s my best friend after all.” Baekhyun said and Luhan gasped.

“What about me?” He asked dramatically. Baekhyun laughed and slapped his shoulder.

“Of course you’re my best friend, but he is the one I’m looking for right now.” Baekhyun said and Luhan rolled his eyes as he turned away. Baekhyun noticed how Luhan stopped in his steps. He walked in front of him and saw that Luhan had frozen completely. He followed his gaze towards the entrance door. He thought his eyes were going bad and blinked several times, but the scene in front of him wasn’t a lie. Right there, entering the house, was Chanyeol and Sehun. But they didn’t look like themselves. Chanyeol didn’t have his golden mop of hair and Sehun didn’t have his flat chocolate bob. Chanyeols hair was dark chocolate and cut much shorter. It was styled back and made him look both manlier and handsomer then before. Sehuns hair was icy blond. Still a bob, but fluffier. Instead of hoodies and sweatpants, they both wore tight jeans and sneakers. Chanyeols wore a black button up shirt with a light grey west and his phoenix necklace in a now longer chain. Sehun wore a big white sweater with the word ‘WOLF’ written on the chest in black. It was a tad too long, but it made him look even cute. Chanyeol turned his head and smiled relieved when he saw Baekhyun. He pulled Sehun towards the two frozen boys by the snacks.

“Hey, Baek. Um… I-I came.” He said and chuckled nervously. Baekhyun smiled as he reached up to touch the newly dyed hair of his tall best friend.

“You look good.” He said and Chanyeol smiled.

“Thanks. Minseok is responsible.” He said and Baekhyun frowned.

“Minseok? Why would he give you guys a makeover?” He asked.

“Well…”

 

[Yesterday afternoon]

Sehun was over at Chanyeols house playing video games when the doorbell rang.

“I’ll open!” Chanyeol heard his sister saying.

“Yoda! You have visitors! As unbelievable as it is!” He heard his sister shouting mere minutes later. He rolled his eyes before walking downstairs to greet whoever was there. He did not expect to see Jongdae and Minseok.

“W-What are you guys doing here?” He asked and Jongdae shrugged his shoulders before pointing at Minseok.

“He dragged me here.” He said. Minseok rolled his eyes before walking upstairs. Chanyeol looked after him with big eyes. Barely a minute later he came downstairs, dragging a bewildered Sehun behind him.

“Get dressed.” He ordered when everyone was pushed out into the hall. Chanyeol and Sehun looked at each other with questioning looks, but did as they were told. When the shoes and jeans were on, Minseok pushed everyone out of the door. Outside was a car. When everyone was seated the driver turned around and looked at Chanyeol and Sehun. The man looked like Minseok, but older.

“Wow. You weren’t kidding. Tao’s got quite the challenge with these.” He said before turning back around to the front.

“Just drive.” Minseok said. During the ride, Chanyeol learned that the driver was Minseoks brother. Chanyeol and Sehun kept giving each other confused looks throughout the drive. When they arrived at the mall, Minseok said a quick goodbye to his brother before pulling Chanyeol and Sehun towards a hair salon. When he got inside, they were greeted by a young man with blond hair, dark circles under his eyes and ‘Bad-boy’ clothes.  

“Hey, Tao.” Minseok said and gave the said man a hug.

“I’ve brought you two challenges.” Minseok said and gestured towards Chanyeol and Sehun. Tao let his jaw drop before calling out to one of his stylists. They whispered for a little whilst Sehun and Chanyeol turned around to look at Minseok.

“W-What are we doing here?” Sehun asked.

“You’re getting a makeover.” Minseok said straight forward as he sat down on Jongdaes lap.

“W-Why? W-What’s wrong with us?” Sehun asked and Minseok scoffed.

“Are you serious?” Jongdae asked.

“What?”

“You guys are nerds. If you ever want to get someone to date you, you need to change. Seriously.” Jongdae said and Chanyeol pushed his glasses further up his nose. He knew he was ugly, but to hear someone say it still doesn’t feel good.

“Okay. We’re ready.” Tao said before him and the stylist dragged the two nerds towards the washing chairs. Chanyeol was nervous. He felt his head stinging slightly after a while. He cringed as it burned.

“Does it hurt?” Tao asked and he nodded.

“W-What is that?” Chanyeol asked.

“Hair color.”

“What?!” Chanyeol exclaimed, but calmed down when he realized it was too late to get upset. He relaxed and tried to control his breathing for the pain to burn less. After a long painful 10 minutes, Tao and the stylist dragged Sehun and Chanyeol towards the cutting chairs. Minseok had gotten one of the other stylists to cover the mirrors so the boys couldn’t see themselves until their hair were finished. Chanyeol sat extremely uncomfortable as he waited for Tao to finish with his hair. After what felt like ages, the cloth covering the mirrors and the boys could finally see themselves. But Chanyeol couldn’t see himself. ‘T-That’s not me… Is it?’ He thought. He lifted his hand to brush through the now dark brown hair. ‘It is me.’ His hair was shorter and made his ears show better. He looked like an elf (in a cute way). He looked over to the side and saw Sehun looking at himself with the same expression Chanyeol had. His hair was icy blond and much more fluffy. They looked at each other.

“W-Wow. You look great.” Sehun said.

“You too.” Sehun looked towards the entrance and saw Minseok and Jongdae standing there with hands full of shopping bags.

“Wow! Good job, Tao.” Minseok said as he looked at the two boys. Jongdae nodded in agreement, kind of taken back by the handsomeness of the two nerds. They thanked Tao and paid before leaving. They walked to the closest bus stop and just as the bus arrived, Minseok and Jongdae handed Sehun and Chanyeol the shopping bags.

“New clothes. Wear them at the party tomorrow.” Minseok said before taking Jongdaes hand and leaving. The two nerds entered the bus. Chanyeol kept playing with is new hair and next to him, Sehun did the same.

“Well, that happened.” Chanyeol said.

 

[Back to the party]

“And that’s pretty much it.” Chanyeol said. Baekhyun looked at Sehun who was awkwardly playing with the long arms of his sweater. He then looked at Luhan who was looking at Sehun. He leaned in to whisper into Luhans ear.

“Ask him to dance.” He whispered.

“What?! Are you crazy?!”

“Come on! Just do it!” The whispering couldn’t be heard over the loud music, so Chanyeol and Sehun had no idea what they were talking about.

“D-Do you wanna dance?” Everyone looked at Sehun who was looking at Luhan. Luhan looked at Sehun, then Baekhyun, then back to Sehun, then back to Baekhyun and finally back to Sehun.

“Y-You? A-And me?” He asked and Sehun flinched at the harsh tone Luan used. Luhan of course didn’t mean for his voice to come out like that, it just did.

“Y-You’re right. I-I’m sorry.” Sehun said and turned around to run away, but Luhan grabbed his arm.

“Wait! I didn’t mean it like that.” He said. Sehun looked up at him through his bangs. Luhan took a deep breath before smiling sweetly.

“I would love to dance with you.” He said and blushed a little. Sehun smiled and gently grabbed Luhans hand before walking to the dance floor. Luhan took a quick glance back at Baekhyun and grinned brightly in excitement. Baekhyun gave him a smile and a big thumbs up. Chanyeol smiled.

“He’s had a crush on him since forever.” Chanyeol said.

“Yeah. I know.” Baekhyun said and Chanyeol frowned confused.

“How did you know?” He asked and Baekhyun scoffed.

“Are you kidding me? Luhan can’t stop talking about him.” He said and Chanyeol lifted both eyebrows.

“Luhan? I was talking about Sehun.” He said and this time Baekhyun frowned before realization hit him.

“Oh. OH! So they’ve had a crush on each other all this time!” He exclaimed happily. Chanyeol chuckled.

“About time it came out.” Baekhyun said and Chanyeol nodded. Baekhyun took this silent moment to really look at Chanyeol. Baekhyun always thought Chanyeol was cute, but now he was also handsome. His ears were much more visible now that all the long hair was gone. Baekhyun knew Chanyeol didn’t like that (Chanyeol hated his ear), but Baekhyun liked Chanyeols ears so he was happy they were more visible now.

“Do you wanna dance?” Baekhyun asked and Chanyeol shook his head wildly as Baekhyun tried to drag him to the dance floor/living room.

“Baekhyun, are you crazy?! You shouldn’t be seen with me!” He said, but Baekhyun just rolled his eyes.

“Have you seen yourself today? You look hot! No one knows that you’re a nerd.” Baekhyun said.

“Baekhyun, I don’t want to.” Chanyeol said and tried to rip off Baekhyuns grip on his arm.

“Come on, you wimp!” Baekhyun whined.

“No!”

“Yes!”

“No!”

“Oh, stop being a weirdo, Yoda!!” Baekhyun shouted and slapped his hand in front of his mouth as soon as the last word left his mouth. Chanyeol looked at him with big, tearful eyes. He shook his head and laughed bitterly.

“Even you bully me.” He said and ran away.

“Chanyeol, wait!” Baekhyun shouted and tried to run after him. He ran into some of the guest.

“Oh! Sorry!” He apologized, but relaxed as soon as he saw it was only Minseok.

“What’s the rush?” He asked.

“I-I-“

“What?” Minseok asked as he put a hand on Baekhyuns shoulder. He quickly realized how distressed Baekhyun was.

“I called Chanyeol Yoda.” He said and began sniffling slightly. Minseok gasped.

“What?!” He exclaimed loudly, although no one heard him. He pulled Baekhyun upstairs to his own room. When they entered, they did not expect to see Luhan lying on the bed with Sehun on top of him, their lips locked in a heated make out session. Minseok gently closed the door. He looked around for another room until Baekhyun pulled him towards his parents bedroom. Minseok sat him down on the bed and kneeled down in front of him.

“What happened?” He asked and Baekhyun shrugged.

“I wanted to dance with him, but he began saying how I shouldn’t be seen with him since he’s a nerd and… I-I…  I lost it. I didn’t meant to call him that. I swore to him I would never call him that, but I did!” He cried and buried his face in his hands. Minseok rubbed his knee.

“All you can do now is let him calm down and talk to him tomorrow.” He said and Baekhyun nodded.

“I-I guess.” He said.

“Do you want me to send everyone home?” He asked and Baekhyun nodded.

“Y-You can leave Sehun and Luhan. I don’t want you to interrupt whatever is happening between them right now.” He said and Minseok laughed.

“Yeah. At least someone gets to be happy.” He said and bit his lip in regret when he saw Baekhyun hanging his head in sadness.

“I didn’t mean to-“

“It’s okay. Just get everyone home.” Baekhyun said and fell down on the bed. Minseok left the room and Baekhyun heard people leaving and the music being turned off. He also heard Minseok and Jongdae shouting a goodbye which he replied to. He also heard Luhan and Sehun making noises from his room. He only smiled before closing his eyes. ‘At least my birthday party made someone happy.’ He thought before drifting off to sleep. He had a special dream that night. He dreamt of two Chanyeols. One was the nerdy Chanyeol and the other was the one he saw at his birthday party. He dreamt that he were in love with both of them and didn’t know which one to choose. When he woke up by the alarm clock, he kept thinking about the dream.

“BYUN BAEKHYUN!! WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO THE HOUSE?!?!?!?!” He heard his mother shouting from downstairs. He groaned as he went downstairs to clean up.

 

 

Monday morning and Baekhyun was still thinking of his dream. If he were to choose, would he choose Chanyeol the nerd, or Chanyeol the hottie? He didn’t know. He walked through the cafeteria, looking for Chanyeol. However, he spotted Sehun and Luhan. Sehun was no longer wearing his nerdy clothes. He was wearing a dark blue sweater and tight jeans. He was eating lunch with… Luhan? Yes, it was clearly Luhan. His honey blond hair gave him away. They were feeding each other and Luhan was blushing madly. Sehun kept kissing Luhans cheek and even sometimes his lips. He walked over.

“Hey, lovebirds.” He said and they jumped away from each other.

“H-Hey, Baekhyun.” Luhan said and laughed awkwardly. Baekhyun shook his head in amusement.

“You don’t have to hide it from me. Your noises last night made everything perfectly clear.” He said and Luhan buried his burning face in Sehuns chest. Baekhyun laughed.

“I just came to ask if you guys knew where Chanyeol is.” He said and Sehun pointed outside through the big window in the cafeteria. Baekhyun turned around and saw Chanyeol sitting outside by a tree playing with a flower. He thanked the new couple before walking outside. He wasn’t surprised when he saw Chanyeol wearing his nerdy glasses, hoodie and sweatpants. He was wearing a beanie over his new dark brown hair. ‘To hide your ears?’ Baekhyun thought. He breathed deeply before walking over. He tapped Chanyeol on his head and ho looked up. His eyes were a little red. ‘H-He’s been crying?’.

“Um… H-Hey.” Baekhyun said with a small smile. Chanyeol directed his gaze towards the flower.

“Hey.” He said. Baekhyun had never heard that tone before. It sounded so broken. Baekhyun sat down next to him.

“I’m so sorry for what I called you on Saturday.” Baekhyun said and searched for even the smallest emotion on Chanyeols face, but saw nothing.

“I didn’t mean to call you that.” He said.

“You swore you wouldn’t, but you did.” Chanyeol said.

“I know, but I didn’t mean it. I don’t know why I did it. I am so, so, so, so sorry.” Baekhyun said and desperately held onto Chanyeols arm. He was afraid he would stand up and walk away. Chanyeol looked at Baekhyun and then down at his hands on his arm. Baekhyun released his arm and hung his head.

“Why did you call me that?” Chanyeol asked. Baekhyun shrugged.

“I don’t know. You just got me so upset I guess my brain thought I should use that one word that always makes you shut up.” Baekhyun said and chuckled a little bit, but stopped when he saw Chanyeols angry face.

“I just really wanted to dance with you, but you’re so stubborn! You keep saying I can’t be with you just because you’re a “nerd” and I don’t like it! You are not a nerd and at my party you were the hottest guy I’ve ever seen before.” Baekhyun said and Chanyeol widened his eyes. ‘Finally a reaction.’ Baekhyun thought.

“You’ve always been the hottest guy I’ve known.” He whispered and Chanyeol felt his cheeks heating up.

“Y-You- W-Wha- I-I-M-me?” Chanyeol stuttered like crazy and Baekhyun couldn’t help but giggle at his idiotic friend. He looked down at the flower Chanyeol was holding. ‘Purple violet.’ Baekhyun giggled when he saw that it had only one petal left.

“Were you doing the whole ‘Loves me, loves me not’ thing?” He teased and Chanyeol shook his head.

“I was doing the ‘talk to him, don’t talk to him’ thing.” He said and Baekhyun pouted.

“So… What did you get?” He asked.

“Well, as you can see I never got to the last petal.” He said and Baekhyun felt his eyes getting wet.

“What would it have been?” He asked, scared of the answer.

“Talk to him.” Chanyeol said and smiled. Baekhyun smiled back.

“So, umm… Do y-you think you can forgive me?” Baekhyun asked. Chanyeol shrugged.

“I don’t wanna lose my only best friend.” He said and gave his goofy grin. The most beautiful smile grin Baekhyun knew. He smiled so brightly that Baekhyun couldn’t hold back. He threw himself on Chanyeol, tackling him to the ground. Chanyeol was not surprised over the reaction, but what Baekhyun did next surprised him. He kissed him. On the lips. Chanyeol felt his entire face burning up. Baekhyun tightened his grip around his neck and tilted his head slightly, making Chanyeols bottom lip slip between Baekhyuns. Chanyeol felt his eyes fluttering shut. Baekhyuns lips were soft and he tasted so sweet. Chanyeol carefully wrapped his arms around Baekhyuns waist. Baekhyun moved his lips against Chanyeols and suddenly pulled away. Chanyeol looked at his shocked face and the hand in front of his mouth.

“I-I-I’m so sorry!” He exclaimed. Chanyeol sat up and shook his head.

“I-It’s okay.” He said. They were both beating red and avoiding looking at the others face. Chanyeol placed his finger under Baekhyuns chin and made him lift his head. He gave him a sweet smile and Baekhyun smiled back.

“Sorry. I don’t know why I did that.” He said and Chanyeol laughed. He stood up and helped Baekhyun up on his feet as well.

“It’s okay. It wasn’t that bad for a first kiss.” Chanyeol said and started walking away. Baekhyun felt his jaw falling to the ground. He ran after the taller boy and grabbed his arm harshly, making him stumble backwards. He turned around to look at Baekhyuns wide, panicked eyes.

“I-I stole your first kiss?!” He asked and Chanyeol nodded with a smile.

“A-And you don’t hate me?” He asked. Chanyeol only chuckled in response.

“I’m glad you stole it rather than a girl.” He said and Baekhyun felt his eyes widening even more (if that was even possible).

“Y-Y-Y-Y-Y-Y-Y-“

“I’m gay. Yes.” Chanyeol said and rubbed his neck shyly. Baekhyun slapped his own face to calm down his shocked face. Chanyeol looked at him bewilderedly.

“Y-You’re like me?” He asked and Chanyeol nodded.

“You’ve never told me that before.” He said and Chanyeol shrugged.

“I didn’t want you to know I had a crush on you.” Chanyeol whispered. Baekhyun felt his feet shaking. His heart was beating so loudly he felt it in his ears.

“Y-You like me?” He asked with a shaky voice. He felt tears gathering in his eyes. Chanyeol shook his head and cupped Baekhyuns cheek. He kissed his forehead.

“I love you.” He said and hugged Baekhyuns tightly.

“That’s why I was so hurt when you called me ‘Yoda’. But not enough for me to hate you when I love you this much.” He said and kissed his temple. Baekhyun grabbed onto the front of Chanyeols shirt like his life depended on it. He busted out in tears and Chanyeol kept whispering sweet words into his hair. When Baekhyun finally calmed down, the lunch had ended and class was also almost over, but they didn’t care. Chanyeol had finally managed to convey his feelings and Baekhyun felt so happy.

“I would never have guessed that you felt this way for me.” Baekhyun said and Chanyeol chuckled.

“I didn’t wanna risk losing you as a friend so I never said or showed it.” He said and leaned back to wipe away Baekhyun tears.

“You were like the only one who would speak to me. I fell in love with you when he first met, although I didn’t know what it was back then, but after a few years my feelings turned more into fear. Fear of you leaving me.” He said and held Baekhyuns beautiful hands in his big ones.

“You won’t lose me.” Baekhyun said and intertwined their fingers.

“I’m the one afraid of losing you.” He said and Chanyeol frowned confused.

“You are the most precious friend I’ve ever had. The only one that has always been real. Even if you were in love with me, I wouldn’t hate you. On the other hand, I might even try to love you back.” He said and Chanyeol blushed as Baekhyun walked closer. He stood up on his toes and whispered into the taller ones ear.

“That way I know I’ll never lose you.”